Masters Running

Saturday Daily - Run for fun (Read 643 times)

Finally Saturday (although the week DID go fast).

Shall I run today for fun?

Or shall I have fun on my run?

Should I visit my son?

Or do tasks til I'm done?

Will there be sun?

Or will there be none?

Well to start I will have a coffee and bun

And check the scores for who won

Enough of my puns?

I will stop with that last one.

Vista

That's Deep Vista ... very Deep. 

14.4 miles this morning at 8:56 pace.  The temps were only 76° and 77%, so not too bad.  Made for a little easier running.  After the 1st 4.5 miles I met up with the Running Club, and Dark Eyes Natasha pulled my along to a few 8:20's during the middle miles.  Then left them to head back home and settled it at a more comfortable pace.  Good run.

Bill

"Some are the strong, silent type. You can't put your finger on exactly what it is they bring to the table until you run without them and then you realize that their steadiness fills a hole that leaks energy in their absence." - Kristin Armstrong

I look my best blurry!

I haven't decided yet whether to run or not.  My crappy run yesterday, while exhausted, left me with a sore shin.  I might jog 2 just to keep my streak alive and then do some deep water running for an hour with kids jumping and splashing on me.  

Vista- 

Good run breger1!  I wish I were in a running club.  Can't seem to get into a groove with anyone in my area.  

Trampoline victim update - DS is still sleeping.  His teeth look good as new!  Face is still swelling.  I want it to go down quickly, so he can have the surgery before we go to the beach in 3 weeks.  It's tough to keep an ice pack over your face all day.  Poor kid.  Today he is going to hang out with his pals that were jumping on the trampoline with him.  I can't wait to see their faces when they see him.  My DD can't look at DS without crying.  I might have to send her to a friends house for a few days!  

..I dunna Run,

I Hafta Mow,

but I will take it Very Slow,

then

tomorrow when I wake

I'll hit the trails

and sweat a lake.

BURMA SHAVE

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

Renee the dog

tomwhite, I just almost drowned by inhaling my coffee in laughter.  Bad!

2 miles this morning with Renee. Supposed to follow that up quickly with 6 more miles, but my achilles on my "good" side is extremely tight, so I didn't go back out. I'm going to the beach in a little while with the family, so I'm going to run 1 mile on the sand.  That should give me a better idea of what's up with my better side.  Probably nothing now that I've had two cups of coffee.   Here's hoping!!

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!

Slo

Happy Saturday All.......Poets included.

73 deg's....70 deg Dew Point.......96% humidity.......Whew what a soaker. There's not a tech shirt made that can keep up with todays sweat rate.

It was a chatty 7.25 miles for me this morning. There's a 75 yr young lady that speed walks.....I walked and chatted with her for a little while today. Ran by my old house just to check on it. The buyers haven't got a closing date yet so I like to keep my eye on it.....stopped and talked to an old neighbor....then I ran into a co-worker who had a Heart attack back in May. He was out walking so I walked and chatted with him for awhile. And finally....helped a lady corral her dog who had slipped it's leash.......An all-around interesting run today.

Family.........Next weekend is another Very Schmitty Weekend.

Enjoy the day......Love Life !

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

there haven't been so many bare feet in the Pacific Northwest, . . .

except since last week on the Ocean Beach at Newport Oregon.

Six happy pairs of bare feet from last night's (Friday - 6/11/20) Fremont 5K annually designated as the RunningBarefoot Run of the Month even since the RD saw me running the 5K route sans shoes some ten years ago.   A lot of Vibram Five Fingers are planning on shedding them too for next year.

Left to right:

Barefoot Peter ( Olympia, WA)

Barefoot Ryan (VAncouver, WA)

Barefoot Rick (Lee's Summit, MO) - www.barefootrunner.org

Barefoot jon (Seattle, WA)

Barefoot Billy (Seattle, WA)

Barefoot Ted (Seattle, WA)  - www.barefootted.com

more bare feet at http://barefootrunner.org/reports/10fremont/10fremont.htm

secret message to ilene - keewt xensie dire kib

__._,_.___

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

Wannabe sorry we're not a little closer my club got several runners that would just right for ya. club runs are in Mill Creek about 65 miles from downtown Pitt.  my house is 50 miles.  

Sorry to hear about the accident, but glad it's not worse, very scary.      

Good one tom

Nice run Bill, now make sure you keep your eyes on the road

6.2 miles around the neighborhood 82 F when finished that's crazy!  1:01:10   

Enjoy!!!

Courage ! Do one brave thing today...then run like hell.

Dave59

I'm still not running but I'm glad I stopped by to read Tom's post.  (I'm glad I wasn't drinking anything at the time.)

Have fun

Everyone

6X2 minutes ez with 1 minute walk breaks.

Have a good day everyone.

Tall

Recent Best times: None recently

Dark Eyes Natasha pulled my along to a few 8:20's

Pulled your what along?  Sorry, couldn't resist.

Tetsujin, great photo.  Maybe if I log enough Vibram time I can switch to barefoot by next summer.  A 5K barefoot is on my "to do" list.

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

Dr. Seuss is visiting?! Oh wait...I'll let you clever folks continue the rhyming/pun trend---brain is off now that it's the weekend!

wannaberunner---I am so glad your son will be okay even if the swelling is gruesome right now. The photos don't look too bad actually all considering. What a time for all of you though! Take care of you in all of this too now.

breger---nice run ( and some sweet miles in there with Dark Eyes Natasha)

The kiddo and I ran over to his former elementary school (1.5 miles away) and ran a 5k fundraiser race supporting the 5th grade week-long trip to Nature's Classroom held every September. I think he felt quite grown-up when the principal greeted him as an esteemed alumnus. Double-loop course with a decent hill in the middle (so over that 2x) but a pretty fast course, humid and overcast and about 73º at the time. The kiddo ran close to what he ran last weekend---consistent and hungry for faster. I ran a 20:07 and was 5th overall and 2nd woman. Ran home with my giant homemade cookie prize and Mr. CNYrunner videotaped the whole deal. Fun, some fast morning miles and a good cause. 6 miles total with all the to and fro and wu/cd. Getting closer to breaking 20:00--- yee haw!

Great photo Tet of some happy feet and great smiles---your grin is the best one.

Nice to see you running Tallrunner

TW! Love it....some real Burma Shave signs around here.

Some nice runnin' here....Breger, etal. It's good to see Tall again.

Slo- seems like you're getting to know your new neighborhood.

The girls did a 1 mile fun run today, and I did the 5k. Got a PR out of the gig, finally going sub-19 with an 18:49.

Yay! I paced the race all wrong though, startin' too fast, fading a little after mile 2. But I'll take the PR.

3rd AG; 19/500 OA.

Now it's really raining out.

Walt

TW! Love it....some real Burma Shave signs around here.

...cny//........me too........

my favorite:

She was His Girl

and loved him Fully,

but she went Wild

when he went Wully.

BURMA SHAVE

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

Renee the dog

Got my remaining mile in the sand done in 7:50 and the achilles feels better.

Turns out, my achilles probably knew that Bayside was going to ask me to go out to breakfast tomorrow--at our favorite outdoor summer place that's an easy 8 miles from here. Exactly what I had on the schedule today....

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!