Masters Running

JUNE CHALLENGE (Read 53 times)

Mike E

MM #5615

4 x 15 Dumbbell Squats (20 pounders)

Mike E

MM #5615

It was a busy day, yesterday and got home late so I did 3 x 15 with no weights and jumped into bed...DW hates it when I jump into bed....

Marathon Maniac #957

It was a busy day, yesterday and got home late so I did 3 x 15 with no weights and jumped into bed...DW hates it when I jump into bed....

Big grin

I've been trying to post but kept getting error messages.  Nothing yesterday, but will do 60 squats with two 15-lb dumbbells tonight.  (just got home from work)

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Mike E

MM #5615

4 x 15 Squats--no weights.  I think I'm done with the weights until after the marathon.

Mike E

MM #5615

3 x 15 squats...no weights.

Marathon Maniac #957

Yesterday, 60 squats with two 15-lb dumbbells

Today, 60 duck squats (or plié squats) with two 15-lb dumbbells

We're getting near the end of the month.  Suggestions for July?

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Mike E

MM #5615

We're getting near the end of the month.  Suggestions for July?

I would prefer something that didn't involve the legs...but that's me being selfish.

4 x 15 squats with no weights

Mariposai

4 x 15 Squats--no weights.  I think I'm done with the weights until after the marathon.

Me too.

But today I did this...2x10 sumo squats.

Core for July?

or upper body?

I rather like this upper body 5x5x5 workout. Not too aggressive, but very effective.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BsK1vYxZQM8

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

Marathon Maniac #957

Shoulders and arms?

Mike E

MM #5615

3 x 15 squats--no weights

Marathon Maniac #957

Nothing yesterday.

Today:  60 squats with two 15-lb dumbbells and 60 single-legged-squats-with-toe-touch on each leg.

What about a dumbbell 3-some for July?

Day 1 - lateral raises

Day 2 - dumbbell curls

Day 3 - triceps extensions

Mike E

MM #5615

3 x 15--no weights

TammyinGP

I've been absent from this thread and pretty much from being online much for the past few days. Needless to say, with my relay, squats were not on my list of things to do. lol.

Is someone interested in heading up the July Challenge??

Tammy

Mike E

MM #5615

Boy...finding someone to head up these challenges is a real challenge....
                              Mariposai

3 x 12 squats with weights.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard