Masters Running

JUNE CHALLENGE (Read 53 times)

Mike E

MM #5615

3 x 15 squats...no weights...after our 25th anniversary dinner...DW looked at me like I was an idiot...it is a challenge, after all...

Mike E

MM #5615

3 x 15 squats...no weights

Marathon Maniac #957

60 squats, no weights

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Marathon Maniac #957

Boy...finding someone to head up these challenges is a real challenge....

Well, really, you just need to decide what we are doing and make the first post.  After that, it's up to us to keep it going if we can.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Mike E

MM #5615

Hoodoo Guru

I failed at the June challenge.  As others have found out, adding squats to a running and racing schedule is difficult, and I decided to pass on it after just a couple of day.  Kudos to those who stuck it out.

When doing something for legs, squats, burpees, etc, it seems it would be best to alternate days with core work.  That way you can work around races and hard run days a little bit better.

How about shoulders and biceps for July.  That is what I need to work on.

Lots of options for shoulders;  shoulder presses, upright rows, lateral raises.  Most can be done with relatively light weights or bands.

Biceps just because they lag behind my triceps and I need the motivation.  Those who don't care about biceps can alternate shoulders with core.

The tangents are moot.

Mike E

MM #5615

Mike E

MM #5615

Marathon Maniac #957

60 squats with two 15-lb dumbbells for me today.

Mike E

MM #5615

3 x 15 squats--no weights