Masters Running

Fantasy Sunday.......... (Read 47 times)

What a 70's FlashBack------

2-inch of snow and ice this morning, outside ride wasn't in the cards'

so

I got on my x-bike,

closed my eyes,

and

rode my BikeRoute,,,

,,,,stood up on the pedals when I got to the hills,

sat and pedaled when I was hitting the flats.

I got

so into the work-out I was actually startled when the timer went off,,,,,,,

( and I was just hitting the cool-down stretch of imaginary road),,,,,,missed the actualy time by 10-minutes,,,,

========

40min x-bike ride standing.....

...............good running guys..................Use Your Imagination..........

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

coastwalker

Monrin' Tom and everyone else.

Great imagination, great focus on your workout this morning, TomW! Did you have your eyes closed the whole time? It was also nice/reassuring to know that you kept your trunks on in the pool yesterday.

Very nice racing yesterday, Opie and TomS! Must be a greta feeling to know that you are having a PR race while in the middle of it. Tom, congrats on the AG win for the race and the series.

Nice job of getting the job done, Robin, regardless of where you were (or weren't).

Nice "nothing hurts" run, Enke. I hope you can do that again next week when everyone shows up...

Holly, the wind is never a problem until you turn into it. That's when things can change. Congrats to DD on her team's win yesterday morning I hope they did it again at 5.

Thanks, yet again, for volunteering at a race, Ribs. Some jobs are more glamorous than others, but having someone at every station makes a big difference to the racers. BTW, your brisket sounds amazing, and I'll bet it'll taste that way too.

Congrats on getting back outside, Evanflein, and surviving some challenging conditions.

Leslie, I'll bet that massage tomorrow will feel wonderful! I understand about your brother - we have family like that too...

5.5 racewalking miles in light, swirling snow this morning. The roads were mostly clear, with just some infrequent snow cover making it slick enough to slow me down till I got back on pavement. This was the first time I had racewalked two days in a row in a month, and I paid for it: even after some thorough stretching, my hip area was quite uncomfortable. DW and I were going out for breakfast (yep, to the local dive again) and, even though I don't like to do it, I too a couple of ibu just to calm things down. I'll do some more stretching, foam-rolling, and ball-rolling later today and will wait to see what tomorrow brings.

Enjoy today!  -  Jay

9 miles this morning...just a light breeze...crisp clean air after 2 days of rain...everything seemed fresh...

Looking for a place to Happen, making stops along the way - The Hip

I'm behind this week.  Fly-by post. 9.4 miles on trails this morning with a friend, which I almost never do.  Reminds me that I should make the effort to do this more often.  He's a little slower than me so doing this the day after my long run yesterday (17.6) worked out perfect for both of us.

MM #6177

tomwhite, that "fantasy" ride of yours sounds perfect! Good for you for doing what your heart and body wanted....

Who was the runner who always used to post his "magical healing miles with Sadie"? Well that's how my 4 super slow recovery miles felt today, so good! Sometimes I wish I had a dog to run with, seems so relaxing... but instead I ran with my GFs this morning, and we chatted about the hot yoga class that the running club had yesterday (I didn't go) and making pizza. Relaxing in a different way, I suppose. Wink

Enjoy the day, all!

mrrun

Jay - +1 to your summary and your walking.  hoping you're not hurting too much tomorrow!

an fyi for cancelled races - we just got a $10 discount coupon for a half marathon in RI, which I hadn't planned on doing  2 days after we come back from Amsterdam, but now I'm thinking about it.  We could tell anyone the code, but I like the gesture.

an easy 6 miles this morning after forcing my body out the door.

happy runs and races all -

and may the wind be at your back....

marj

went out for 9.1 late yesterday afternoon. mostly trails. then this morning I took Bella with me to the meetup group run at cathedral hills trails and we did 5 miles.

and now the sun is starting to come out! I think it'll be some 'poke around in the garden' time later today. maybe plant some more lettuce and radish seeds.

Tammy

3.1 miles around Green Lake.  Gosh it was busy, and there was a race on too.  Then I used my 15 dollar gift certificate I won at a race 2 years ago to help fund a new pair of shoes.  Brooks Launch.  They felt good.  Time to walk the dog and putter around the house.  Gorgeous sunshiny day.

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

Marathon Maniac #957

Enke - sweet!

Tammy - I'm hoping to get out there next weekend and start digging a bit, when the temps are supposed to be near 50.

16yo DS has been running on the TM off and on lately, all on his own.  Our local running store had a 50% off clearance sale this weekend and I took him to get a pair.  Since his foot is size 14, he had exacly one pair to choose from (Asics Gel Nimbus), so instead of "which pair will it be?" it was "yes, or no.'  He hasn't run enough to know what he likes, but he said they felt comfortable.  They didn't have any of the Saucony Progrid Rides in my size, but I got a pair of Saucony Eschelon, which are supposed to be very close.  Nice to walk out of the store with two pairs for half price.

19.25 slow miles along the river today in mid-20's temps, with the wind again rather daunting on the return trip.  It's so much harder to do these LRs the day after a tempo effort, but hopefully I will feel the benefits of it.  Also 20 minutes of squats, dead lifts, and core.  3 burpees, too.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Good day everyone. Was sick for a week so did not run for 8 days..ran yesterday and today. Beautiful today, warming up and the streets were mostly clear of snow. Felt pretty good out there. Hope everyone is healthy and doing great

Tall

Recent Best times: None recently

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Not enough to be a coincidence with Opie's 15K yesterday but it’s not a common distance so I figured my one and only one would be the 1990 Cascade Crest 15K in downtown Portland, Oregon.  Thinking it was the standard 10K in those days, my estimated finish time (46:00) got me seeded with the 5m/m Steve Jones's, Kip Keinos and other luminaries also with their special yellow bib numbers. 
                        I knew better this time so got in the 11:00 - 12:00m/m corral in this morning’s Hot Chocolate 15K in Seattle.  Official results pending but timing clocks along the way seemed in synch for the first hour plus but with substantial slippage for the last 5K. However, after missing consecutive 50K-mary-50K-5K-50K’s in late January and all of February since 1/12/13's Imperial Palace Marathon in Tokyo, running again couldn’t have been better.  In the sun, too!
                        Along with Dixie cup of regular hot chocolate at the finish, there was cup of real hot chocolate that slowly hardened into a chocolate bar. Too bad I don’t like chocolate.  Certainly not worth the make-up $65 fregistration fee but the 15K part was worth it after the long layoff.

,However, in case anyone wants a nice, semi-light weigh, pullover hoodie, tell your best chocolate story and I’ll send it to the winner.  Sorry, large men’s but seems okay for both .
                        http://www.hotchocolate15k.com/seattle/goodie-bag/

ETA FMFR (for my future reference):

men - 713

women - 2363

OA - 2600/3076

Men - 662/713

OG - 3/5

5K - 34:43

10K - 1:12:26

15K - 1:51:53 (12:01m/m)

Tet - I saw lots of those hot chocolate hoodies at Green Lake today, nice.  Next time, get a men's medium and I will think up the most amazing story for you.

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

Hi Tall, great to see you are feeling better. It is almost sad to see the snow melting away, ins't it?

Enkie, you are the girl! I am so proud of you for joining the club. Now you will know the route for next week. Joking.

Leslie, enjoy your massage! You deserve it.

It was so good seeing Erika's posting yesterday. I am glad your weather is better!

MrRun, look at you! Running stronger by the day!

Lyndenrunner, nice 9 miles!

Ata boy teselbs! Great racing!

Tramps, trail running always brings a son to my soul. Glad you had a chance to run with a friend.

Tomwhite, you are that man! Fantastic "fantasy biking" I must think of that tactic next time I run long on a TM.

OrangeMat, pizza sounds yummie. I relaxed this morning by fertilizing the tulips and crocuses, which by the way started blooming yesterday.

Still waiting on Spareribs' food report. I have never made briskets before.

As for me, my Mexican extravaganza dinner was a great hit last night. I ended up cooking pork in green mole, chicken in red mole, and stuffed poblano peppers. Salads were: pico de gallo, nopales salad and a green salad. Today was running 6 hilly miles for me trying to use up some of  the extra calories comsumed last night. First 50+ miles for me in a long time, so I am very pleased.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

C-R

Things finally settled a bit. Lots of nice racing and long runs in here. Well done crew. Well done.

A little more than 14 today with four one mile repeats just for good measure.

Off to make some stir fry for dinner. Cheers.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                              "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

the attorney I worked for in Seattle - his wife is a triathlete and she ran the Hot Choc 15K today. Set a PR (but it was her first 15K). she finished in 1:13:51 for 7th in her AG, which I think is probably F 40-44?.

best chocolate story eh? not sure it's the best but it is a painful reminder that I can only eat dark chocolate in very small portions. I found out the hard way that I'm allergic to higher doses of dark chocolate (and milk chocolate just isn't really worth it to me). I ate a bar of dark chocolate one time (few yrs ago) and by the next day, my lips exploded with the most painful blisters I've ever had. like it was SO bad, that I actually resorted to going to the ER because it was so painful and I hoped they had something they could give me for it. I could feel the tingling and throbbing inside of these blisters and there was nothing i could do topically to alleviate it. ouch.  it actually took about a week for my lips to look normal again, but at least they gave me some RX stuff to ease the pain. I still love dark chocolate and wish I could have more than a few little squares at a time, but not at that expense.

ended up being a gorgeous day here, despite the forecast of rain, so i planted more lettuce and radishes. and now DH is cleaning the inside of my car. Smile

Tammy