Masters Running

Fantasy Sunday.......... (Read 47 times)

Me too Tammy, chocolate don't like me so I don't like chocolate.

Fly by Race Director report. My clubs Half Marathon & 5k today had a record crowd despite 22F & 2 inch fresh snow

We are located half way between Cleveland & Pittsburgh and get a lot of folks from both areas.

482 half registrations & 252 in 5k. finishers numbered 437 & 213. Shuttle bus from the overflow lot got stuck in the mud after 1 tripRoll eyes

So about 50 had to run/walk .8 miles. We delayed the start 13 minutes and some weren't too happy about waiting in the cold.

But everyone seemed happy at the end and there was nothing but compliments.

Courage ! Do one brave thing today...then run like hell.

tet, good job in your 15K race.

Nice long runs for fatozzig, Tramps, Holly, and C-R.

This morning, I hopped on the TM for 3 miles at a 10:54 pace.

A good day and good runs for all.

TomS

Marathon Maniac #957

Holly, Congrats to DD on her team's win yesterday morning I hope they did it again at 5.

Jay - thanks, and she did - the 5pm game was another win 33 to 13, so they completed the season undefeated.  It was very exciting!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

tammy, are you sure you weren't eating fugu puffer fish as it tingles the lips first before t....oh well,that's another story. .

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

evanflein

Wow, life would be pretty tough with a dark chocolate allergy. Tammy, did you ever figure out what it is that causes that? Theobromine? That's what makes chocolate toxic to dogs....

Finally made it out for a "long" run! 10.4 miles (really) today in the sunshine and temps almost at 20°F. Some of the footing was pretty bad (Sarge, not sure how you race in 2" of new snow, I find it difficult to run at all in that much!) so ran on hardpacked roads for most of it. Legs tired after yesterday's hills, but that's ok. Gotta get them used to running outside and using more stabilizers than just the single plane run of the treadmill. Gave me 42.1 miles for the week, Yay!