Masters Running

Tue Aug 19 Runs and Workouts (Read 412 times)

Good morning, everyone. So sorry about your loss, nonoruns. Recovery/easy 5 miler today -- first 3 at recovery pace, then 4x20sec striders in the third mile, finishing with an "easy" mile. I saw a fox leave our yard and go across the street after my run. Makes me worry a bit about our cat who, while he stays in our yard, goes outside for short periods. I think the fox is probably more interested in the multitude of rabbits around the house, than a cat who might give him a fight, though. 5.1 miles, 45:28, 8:56/mi, AHR 140 Good runs!

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

i'm lovin' it... MM#1949

Good morning! Fox.. that's cool. The cat would win. Sproinky today probably due to 2 easy days in a row. 2 miles with Tory at 9:40 pace then my favorite hilly 13 mile loop at 8:16 pace. Total 15 miles in 2:06:52 (8:27 pace, AHR 151)

Perch's Profile "I don't know if running adds years to your life, but it definitely adds life to your years." - Jim Fixx "The secret is to make in your mind possible what was not possible before. The secret is to make easy what was difficult, instead to make difficult what really is easy." - Coach Renato Canova

Marathon Maniac #3309

Morning all, and thanks for the start off Lou....nice run this fine morning. Wow Wow Steve....15 mile run on a Tues AM, Y DA MAN Well, a little behind here with the posts, so I have some catching up to do. 10 easy miles for me at about 8:30 pace. I say "about" because at my 3 mile mark I had to stop at a busy intersection and reached down to stop my watch....well, there was no watch as I forgot to put in on before I left home....silly me Roll eyes. But it was just an easy run anyways and it really didn't matter. I left home last night right at 5:45pm and when I looked at my clock when I walked into my apt and it was about 7:30 ...but had a slight interruption below.... Man it was crazy driver night last night as people were heading towards me and NOT giving me any room or space. This one driver in particular was driving waaaay to fast and was bearing down on me and I had no where to go because of a guard rail on my left. She nose dived right at me then slammed on her brakes, then the car behind her....which was tail gating, slammed right into the back of the first car. Then another car almost slammed into the front two. The first lady was super mad at me and made me wait for the police to come as she said I was in big trouble running on the road. I told her I would gladly stay around because I did nothing wrong, and I told her SHE was the one speeding and NOT giving me anyroom for my "right" to run on a public street. The police officer put this lady in her place - QUICKLY - and gave her a ticket for not giving right away to a predistrian....ME. She got charged with a few other things too, but I just took off and finished my run. By the way, this was out in the country and not on a busy street in the middle of town. And when I say night, I just mean after work as it was light and sunny out. I guess I have my own Olympic rant...Usain Bolt. What a tremendous and super fast athlete, but I hate it when a runner slows down at the end, and taunts the other runners. He set a new WR but why would he not want to run as fast as he could....the whole distance? rant over Be safe out there everyone....and have a great day Smile Tim

Running has given me the courage to start, the determination to keep trying, and the childlike spirit to have fun along the way - Run often and run long, but never outrun your Joy of running!

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

Nonoruns - I am very sorry to read of you loss. SteveP - How sad about your dog. You gave him a great last day/night. We had a dog that was a biter too and know how hard it must have been for you. Wow Perch - 15 miles this morning! Here I'm dreading my longest midweek run of 8 tomorrow. Now I feel like a whimp. I'm sure your cat would give that fox a run for it's money Lou. Good 10 this morning Tim! Out for 4 this morning with Brinkley. 62 degrees and a bit humid. Weather gal said a cold front went through last night but it must skipped right over my area. We saw one deer, that was about it. 10:01 / 143 9:51 / 155 9:48 / 166 10:09 / 172 (yuck) 9:57 average pace - 159 avg. HR Cheers!

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
          It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com

Marathon Maniac #957

Tim – yikes! That sounds too close for comfort, for sure. Perch – I’m heading to the post office this morning with a package to mail… Wink No run for me today – light x-training instead: front raises, bench dips, push-ups, weighted squats, dead lifts, butt blasters, and a 12-minute ab/core video. Happy Tuesday!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Good Morning all---great running already here! Double run day today---4 miles this morning at 6:20 AM at an easy shake-out pace and without a watch. T-storms last night gave the morning air a freshly scrubbed feeling. After this line passes it’s supposed to be clear and dry for days in NE. I’ll run 9 miles this evening including the weekly prediction 5k race to get some speed in there with the miles. Five more weeks to go with mileage in the 80s and I am holding up okay so far. The kiddo celebrates his 12th birthday tomorrow---from a 6 lb 7 oz peanut to the dude who calls me "Little Mama" every chance he gets. We’ll depart for his baseball birthday bonanza later in the week. Erie Sea Wolves vs. New Britain Rock Cats (in CT) 8/20, Rochester Red Wings vs. Scranton/Wilkes-Barre Yankees (PA) 8/21, Pawtucket Red Sox vs. Rochester Red Wings (Rochester, NY) 8/22, Boston Red Sox vs. Toronto Blue Jays (Toronto, Ontario) 8/23. Throw in some time with grandparents, running along the Erie Canal, and some Dinosaur BBQ---it’s the last vacation blast before school starts on September 4. Until soon, CNYrunner/Karin MTA: Toronto Blue Jays....whoops! Thanks Stumpy!
                good morning everyone --- while i didn't get called in to work last night they did call me and ask if i could work a day shift 7a-7p --- so here i am ....... we'll see if i have any energy to get in a run after work tim -- yikes!! crazy drivers!! so glad the police officer set her straight!! careful all and have a wonderful tuesday!!

denise

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

CNY--i think you might have Rochester on the brain--Don't think the Sox will be playing the Wings in Toronto. Wink That sounds like a great trip. the new(ish) park in Rochester is really nice--I saw a game there a few years ago. Tim--good for you to be running facing traffic. Can't imagine what it could have been like to have that happen behind you. Also makes you feel like there is some justice in the world when stoopid folks get what they deserve every once in a while. Nono--my sincere sympathy for the loss of your dad. Here's wishing you peace and serenity to deal with the difficult parts yet to come. out for an unintentional untimed run. Evidently I was not fully conscious at the start, as I didn't hit the start button firmly enough and when I got to the end of the run, started timing Embarrassed Oh well, it felt like a good run and I wasn't out for speed anyway. first wildlfe in quite a while--saw a little bunny along the first mile and greeted him with a manly "hi, little bunny" Obviously no one else around at the time. Kevin

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

Dave59

4.3 butt dragging miles this morning. It was my own fault because I stayed up till midnight watching the men's triathlon. Thank goodness for an exciting finish so I didn't feel like I wasted my time. I'm giving a little speech at my Toastmaster club tonight so I practiced that during the run. It was probably an odd sight to anyone who saw me doing it.

Nono, my prayers and thoughts are with you and your family. Nothing much for me this morning. T.S. Fay came onshore directly west of us (on the other side of the state south of Naples) the weather is pretty sucky, but pretty tame as storms go. The ankle wouldn't mind another day off. So a day off it is. Avoiding the rain squalls, Bill

"Some are the strong, silent type. You can't put your finger on exactly what it is they bring to the table until you run without them and then you realize that their steadiness fills a hole that leaks energy in their absence." - Kristin Armstrong

OK here I am posting my run from the day before again...it seems like I'm a day late and a dollar short quite a bit lately...busy, busy, busy. Last nights Selectmen's meeting was just looooooooooooong, and I got to leave at 9:15 after our presentation and it was still going on well into the night! I got home at about 10:00 and just didn't get around to sitting at the computer that late., Mondays run - 5.02 miles - 44:58 (8:57) Avg HR 122 Max HR 131. I did this run from my daughters house in Kittery, ME and ran up to Fort McClary along the waterfront. It was a very nice run along a very scenic route which I had never run before. I had driven it many times, but had never run it. I took this one very slow and easy as a recovery run which was nice for two reasons, first for recovery purposes it was good to run slow, and second the roads were a bit narrow in spots so I had to really keep my eyes out for traffic. Just a very nice run and then I got to spend a little time with my daughter and one of my grand daughters, so very much fun, she wanted me to stay and said I could sleep in her bed! Big grin

Marathon Maniac #3309

Maine, you bring a new meaning to a max HR...1331 Shocked Big grin Tim

Running has given me the courage to start, the determination to keep trying, and the childlike spirit to have fun along the way - Run often and run long, but never outrun your Joy of running!

Maine, you bring a new meaning to a max HR...1331 Shocked Big grin Tim
                            Woops...I fixed that one, thanks Tim. Wink

Hill Runner

Good mornining all, 8.02 miles of hills @ 9:05 pace....I didn't see anyone to race this morning Big grin Broke 1200 miles for the year today...I'm a little behind on my goal of 2000 this year but it's still within reach. Good runs to all today.

Upcoming Races:

Boston Marathon, Boston,MA 04/15/13
                              Grandfather Mountain Marathon,Boone NC 07/14/13
                              Thunder Road Marathon, Charlotte NC 11/13

No running today, but I'll head to the rec center shortly to do some weights and machines. SteveP: The cider mill is still there, but hasn't operated as one for several years. Various plans are in the works for what to do with it since it's definitely a historic treasure.

Doug, runnin' cycling in Rochester, MI

"Think blue, count two, and look for a red shoe"