Masters Running

Palindrome Tuesday, 11 May (Read 606 times)

Hi All.

I ran five miles this morning in 42:24. Good enough to start the daily with some palindromes:

A toyota.

Able was I ere I saw elba

A man, a plan, a canal: Panama

Go hang a salami, I'm a lasagna hog.

Waltlaw.

Racecar

The name everyone calls me (Tut) is also a palindrome. See it wasn't the one you were thinking.

Out early for a nice 7 miler, then on the bike for an 11 mile commute into work. I'll get in another 11 on the return trip.

My "real" last name is a Palindrome.

4 easy miles this morning at 9:30 pace.  Legs felt terrible to start (sorta expected after a rest day yesterday).  But after a mile or two they felt fabulous.

Bill

"Some are the strong, silent type. You can't put your finger on exactly what it is they bring to the table until you run without them and then you realize that their steadiness fills a hole that leaks energy in their absence." - Kristin Armstrong

dg.

was it Eliot's toilet I saw?

never odd or even

I really like that one.

good idea Waltlaw!

nice running & riding so far.

yay for byll's fabulous legs Smile

I made a rare wise decision this morning.   My runs, since starting again (under questionable circumstances & w/threat of duct tape) have been (don't look) .65, 1, 2.04, 3.25 & 4:09.  Since yesterday was the 4:09, & on a hillier route than I'm used to,  & then I had a billion errands last night & carried lots of stuff, I stayed home this morning.  Even though my bag was packed, all the do ahead stuff was done & I got up a little after 4.        Do I win something?

Morning, gang!

dg - of course you win something!! Common Sense Queen of the Day!  Except for that part about 4:00 am.....   I haven't gotten on a scale for a couple of weeks, but I was down 15.5 pounds last time I checked. The clothes are continuing to get looser (not a real word, but I like it anyway), so I must be doing something right.  I cleaned out the closet over the weekend and found a whole stash of "skinny pants" that I hadn't worn since we lived in Michigan.  They are a little big,  but I basically have a whole new wardrobe.

Nice runs Walt, Tut and berger!!

I'm ready for some more baby pictures or puppies.  Mary,  have the puppies gone to their new homes yet??  I dreamed DH and I were moving into a new house - he picked it out - it was humongous (formerly owned by a family with 10 kids who hadn't started packing even though we were taking possession of the house).  I was going to nix the sale until I noticed that the neighbors had a kennel full of border collies.  Weird dream.

71 minutes on the elliptical this morning - 7.3 miles at 149 AHR. Had to turn up the resistance to get the heart rate back up out of the 130's. 

Good runs all!

Sue Running is a mental sport...and we're all insane! Anonymous

i'm lovin' it... MM#1949

My legs were heavy but they weighed

not a ton

Yesterday I found the muscle knot that's been wreaking havoc in my upper thigh and massged it with The Stick.... now it hurts to walk... that was the spot!  Let this calm down and we'll be good to go... fingers crossed. Lots of sleep last night!

Perch's Profile "I don't know if running adds years to your life, but it definitely adds life to your years." - Jim Fixx "The secret is to make in your mind possible what was not possible before. The secret is to make easy what was difficult, instead to make difficult what really is easy." - Coach Renato Canova

Dave59

Able was I ere I saw elba

Wasn't that in the movie Desk Set with Spencer Tracey and Katherine Hepburn?  "I doubt that Napoleon ever said anything like that."

(One of those movies you can watch multiple times and still enjoy it.)

The wind and the rain are on my doorstep so I got my run done as quick as possible.  5.3 miles with 9x2 minutes at 5k effort.  So much better than yesterday that I felt like a different person.

dg, nice pics from Sunday. But watch out for those swans with their cygnets [right word?]. We went to a local heron rookery the other day (fascinating birds to watch!) and had to take a wide detour around some geese and their new brood.

Mary - Of all the animals I can imagine encountering on a run in Michigan, a wild pig would scare me the most! And I'm including coyotes and bears; they'll at least almost always go the other way, where I wouldn't be sure what a boar would do. Be careful out there!

Murphy and Holly - I grew up in Cincinnati and seem to recall the family driving out to Lebanon to go to some famous restaurant (which as a kid I'm sure I didn't like at the time). Any idea what it might have been?

Not much going on lately since I've been trying to shake this sciatica-type pain I've been having. Did 4 miles on the TM on Sunday (with one stop for relief), then 20 miles cycling yesterday (no pain at all from cycling). In just a minute I'm heading over to the rec center for a swim.

Good runs and workouts to all!

Doug, runnin' cycling in Rochester, MI

"Think blue, count two, and look for a red shoe"

Mariposai

Lived on Decaf; faced no Devil.

Good idea Walt, good run too.

I am aiming for a 5, but I decided to sleep an extra half hour, so all I was able to get was 4 easy miles.

Have a terrific Tuesday everyone!

Come on give a smile, pleseeeeeeeee!

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

Tramps

I'm disappointed.  I thought this thread was going to be about the former Alaska governor.

Be safe. Be kind.

Marathon Maniac #957

Walt...

Sex at noon taxes

Too hot to hoot

Tuna nut

Dg – yes!  But I don’t know what...

Sue - great job!  You are inspiring me.

Roch - I don't know, but Murphy might.

I felt very lacking in motivation this morning, the rain outside wasn’t helping matters, and I almost bagged the run entirely.  But I talked myself out of it, popped one of DD’s library picks – High School Musical – into the DVD player, and did this on the TM:

1 mile WU

(5 minute slow-to-fast segments – 10:00, 9:31, 9:05, 8:41, 7:30)  x  4

1 minute walk

(1 min. @ 7:30/1 min. @ 10:00)  x  5

1 minute walk

(1 min. @ 7:30/1 min. @ 10:00)  x  5

plus CD made 8.1 miles total, followed by squats, lunges, and bench step-ups.

I’m glad I didn’t bag the run after all.  

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Murphy and Holly - I grew up in Cincinnati and seem to recall the family driving out to Lebanon to go to some famous restaurant (which as a kid I'm sure I didn't like at the time). Any idea what it might have been?

It was definately the Golden Lamb. Ive never eaten there, actually. A bunch of Presidents have visited there. I think its the oldest restaurant/Inn in Ohio. Its supposed to be haunted too. Although I dont think theres a historic building where that isnt claimed--Im sure its good for business.

a slut nixes sex in tulsa.

sorry, its my youthful immaturity.

And coincidentally our daughter's name is a palindrome (Ava)

Do geese see God?

Dang nice workout Holly!  I worked up a sweat just reading it.  How do you dream up those things?

Bill

"Some are the strong, silent type. You can't put your finger on exactly what it is they bring to the table until you run without them and then you realize that their steadiness fills a hole that leaks energy in their absence." - Kristin Armstrong

Mariposai

I wanna lack in motivation so I can run as fast as Holly!

Murphy, your avatar is adorable.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard