Masters Running

Tuesday Daily, 12.4.12 (Read 318 times)

coastwalker

Mornin' everyone.

Just a quick fly-by post between my 7am and 9am meetings.

3.2 easy racewalking miles this morning: 30F at 4am, with patchy clouds and a high-hanging half moon overhead. I had some back soreness yesterday, so I kept it easy enough that I wasn't feeling any tension in my back this morning, and had a decent workout. My back felt better afterward, so I'm happy.

Have a great day!

Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

I held off on starting the Daily because I just knew Jay would be out there earlier than me.  Sure enough!

20 miles riding the Bike at 5:15 AM.  I haven't ridden since my Triathlon so the miles weren't fast but the distance was no problem.  I need to start building up the riding mileage as I will be doing my 1st HIM next year.

Bill

"Some are the strong, silent type. You can't put your finger on exactly what it is they bring to the table until you run without them and then you realize that their steadiness fills a hole that leaks energy in their absence." - Kristin Armstrong

delicate flower

Good morning, Bill and Jay, and the rest of you eFolks!  7.2 easy miles last night, which is just what the doctor ordered after that 5K race Sunday.  I went out of my way last night to run a flat route, too.  I'll do 7-10 more easy miles tonight.  60 degrees in Connecticut today.  That ain't right. 

<3

...mornin' guys//.........everybody's off to a GoodStart......

=======

28min poolrun

...........the pool is gonna be CLOSED the week of 15th thru 23rd for resurfacing........uh-oh

just hoping

I don't do Something Stoopid  while I'm waiting

...................good running guys..................while streets may close, you get OTHER streets

,,,,,,,,PoolRunners are One-Trick Ponys

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

Tramps

Good morning.  Unseasonably warm here, heading to the 70s later today.

Very funny smart dog stories yesterday.  Smile

12-miler this morning with 5 @ tempo pace.  I could never dial it in and run comfortably, though.  It was a struggle all the way.  Maybe it's just too warm for me.

Be safe. Be kind.

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Good morning all.  A whopping 1.5 miles this morning in two loops around the hotel.  Buffalo wings sure are tasty, but.................................

Supposed to be in the 70's again today in NC--it feels like I missed winter and spring is here.  I'll need some recalibrating when I get back home.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

Mariposai

First girl among all these boys...yeeepiiee.

7 miles in the cold, pouring rain. Funny, I actually really enjoy running in the rain, but the cold, pouring rain is not my favorite. My intention was to do some tempo miles, but having to run in the cold rain I decided that it was not the best condition to do tempos. I will go to the gym tonight to so some TM run with a few miles tempo.

Enkie, did you have fun with your friend in the cabin? 

I am still smiling about Spareribs initiation to trail running! Hey Ribs, you should post the picture you posted on FB here. I think you look very dandy running on trails.

Tramster, hello. Just because I miss you.

Any news from Tallrunner?

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

Hey Carolyn, here's a book you might like: Rough-Hewn Land by Keith Meldahl. It's a geological history of the western U.S. from California to the Rockies. He's a really good writer as well as scientist and I found it fascinating. Maybe you already know the history of the terrain you run on  every day, but the story of the uplift, burial, and exhumation of the Rockies is pretty cool. It will give me some things to look for on our next trip west.

There is something just plain wrong when I go out the door in Michigan in December at 7AM and it's 60 degrees! I was thinking of a run just to do one in shorts again, but it's going to be raining for a while yet. Maybe later...

Anyway, it was also running Sunday morning at our club run, but again very warm for the time of year. I didn't feel like getting soaked, so only did 2 miles, but our own Perchcreek did the full 6-mile loop. I was already having my coffee and bagel in the shelter when he came in.

Then yesterday I had a really good 8-mile run with some friends on a favorite loop comprising a number of rural, rolling dirt roads. With the foliage off, you can get a good look at some of the huge homes -- estates? -- that are along this route, including the one owned by Marshall Mathers (Eminem). How the other half lives, I guess!

How is your running going today?

Doug, runnin' cycling in Rochester, MI

"Think blue, count two, and look for a red shoe"

lamerunner

Good morning.  Cool and foggy morning but it's supposed to warm up--nice in some ways, not so great for keeping the snow levels progressing at the ski area. I ran a pretty easy 8 miles. Yesterday was a lunch time swim 1500 yds.

Good news on the Manchester Marathon front; we learned last night we were selected as pasrt of the 2013  New England Grand Prix slate, so we will see a nice influx of local club runners, including some of my ffriends. I think our race is a great fit for this; we cater to strong local runners and now that we managed all the NY refugees, we fell pretty confident we can manage things.

Happy running all!

King of PhotoShop

Bill, I forgot to say nice going on the re-entry to the marvelous wave run.

Finally got my legs back after that horrible trail run, and got 5 easy miles in this morning.  Short hill workout tomorrow and I'm done.

Okay, Mariposai, but if anyone wants to see someone look really bad running on a trail I'm happy to oblige:

King of PhotoShop

And here's the post about how I hate trail running:

http://runningblog.dallasnews.com/2012/12/deck-the-trails-or-is-it-wreck-the-snails.html/

Spareribs

Bill, I forgot to say nice going on the re-entry to the marvelous wave run.

Thanks Ribs.  I absolutely LOVE wave runs.  My favorite tempo workout.

Bill

"Some are the strong, silent type. You can't put your finger on exactly what it is they bring to the table until you run without them and then you realize that their steadiness fills a hole that leaks energy in their absence." - Kristin Armstrong

...except for DEER SEASON, we really gotta get Ribbs some TrailShorts...........

compared

to a StreetRunner,

a Good TrailRunner looks like a Wino at a Diner Party.

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

lamerunner

Nice running Ribs.. but was there an 80s theme???  Those shorts looks like some of my old stuff.  Not good if you want to keep a low profile...Wink

Tramps

Nice running Ribs.. but was there an 80s theme??? 

Ouch.

I enjoy running on trails but am not particularly interested in trying to race on them.  Whole different ballgame.

Ribs, good use of the word "purchase."  You don't see that often enough.

Be safe. Be kind.