Masters Running

Training week ending November 13-14, 2021 (Read 7 times)

Alexander R

Greetings, runners! Please tell us about your past training week and upcoming goals.

Alexander R

Mon 0
      Tue 4mi (0:37) treadmill
      Wed 0
      Thu 6mi (1:14)
      Fri 6mi (1:19)
      Sat 0
      Sun 10.1mi (1:46)

Total: 26.4 miles (+49 miles on stationary bike)

recovery week. not much to report.

we lost the 2021 running game, so there is no need to hit

the weekly mileage goal anymore. I am done with the marathons for the year,

and the weather is turning bad (cold rain, wind and general darkness).

So yeah, I am kind of low on motivation this week, sorry ;-))

on the plus side, I was able to spend a bit more time on the stationary bike

this week and that was great. I was really missing it, with all the marathon

tapers and recoveries.

pfriese

My team is still in the game. So, I stepped up my miles for the next round. The game does tend to motivate me to do extra miles at this time of the year. Plus, I'm still behind the pace bunny with my yearly goal mileage of 2000 miles.

I had a good week with all easy miles.

M - 12 miles (10:19/mile)

T - 13 miles (10:18/mile)

W - 13.8 miles (10:34/mile)

Th - 10 miles (10:14/mile)

F - 10 miles (10:27/mile)

Sa - 0 miles

Su - 4.5 miles (12:24/mile)

Total - 63.3 miles

Plan for the week, a lot of easy miles.

Paul

TammyinGP

my team is still in the game also, although obviously I'm not in the game. 

I walked twice last week - 4 miles on Friday, almost 3 miles on Sunday. I do live up a hill, so at least when I go for walks, I get some hill work in. I can really turn it into a challenge by doing walking hill repeats. 
          I have resistance bands and have been doing some leg work with those also so I can try and maintain some leg muscle/definition that I worked so hard on all year.

Tammy

Alexander R

Great week, Paul! The Mon-Fri 5 day sequence is super-strong! Scales to an 82 mile week actually, if continued for 7 days. And good luck with the game! I did not realized how strongly I was motivated by it until it was over. It made a big difference

Hi Tammy, great that you can/are allowed to walk. I firmly believe that most if not all of running fitness can be maintained with lots and lots of walking, but it would just take a lot of time, so usually not practical. But I think you mentioned that stationary bike might also be possible? If you can add that to walking, it would probably be enough.