Masters Running

Sunday 4/21/13 Daily (Read 54 times)

Tramps

Rest day for me so I can get things started while everyone else is out running.

C-R—frustrating , I’m sure.  Hopefully a one-time issue.

Nice racing, Opie.

MS—“paper-bag-o-licious slow running”?  That’s a new one for me.

Dave—fun with fire; what could possibly go wrong?

Mike—great news on the job front!  I hope it turns out to be a good one for you.

Troy—nice pics again.

Steve—Batman has foster grandkids?  Very cool.

Mari—election day back home, isn’t it?

Be safe. Be kind.

coastwalker

Mornin' Tramps and everyone else.

Sorry I've been among the missing for a few days.

I walked 3 very easy miles around the neighborhood yesterday afternoon, and my back was fine with that. So I went for 5 very easy racewalking miles this morning. My back was fine during the workout too, so I'm hopeful it'll behave for the rest of today, and maybe I can add some more effort to a workout tomorrow morning.

Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

Good morning guys and all to follow. Enjoy your well deserved rest day Tramps. Glad the back wasn't an issue today, Jay. Hopefully tomorrow will be even better.

Hey Mike - great news!! Tell us all about the new job. And we all know how much pleasure you're going to get telling that a^% you used to work for that you're leaving. When do you start?

Congrats on the AG award Roch.

And congrats on the new foster grandson Steve. So nice to have you posting again.

You too Mustang Sally. You were missed. When did you move?

Hamstring flareup in progress after trying to "pick up the pace" yesterday. 45 minutes on the bike and 45 minutes of weights and core this morning. Mike is starting a new job, and in my effort to channel my inner Marj, I gave my notice last Friday. I'll be 61 in a couple of months and I plan on taking the summer off to help DS and DIL with the 3 kids, then figure out what I want to be when I grow up Smile

Have a great Sunday everyone.

Mike E congratulations!

I tried to go out for a run but my right calf is not ready.  Maybe later this coming week.  I might try the elliptical to see if that works out.  Or I might just try making breakfast. Smile

On the good news front my local Joggers Club raised over $2,100 for the Boston Marathon bombing victims.  Not bad for a small group on such short notice.

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

...quick pop-in to Congratulate mike E//.............GanBare!!!!!!!!!

=========

60-min bike ride,,,,,,,,,leg hurt, switched to a Heel type pedal,,,,,,,quit hurting

total Newbie to biking

..................good running guys...........

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

Dave59

Much needed rest day for me.  I'm feeling better already.

I saw a recent news story about a job resignation letter cake:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BH9MToQCQAAXLiv.jpg

http://www.businessinsider.com/resignation-letter-written-on-a-cake-2013-4

Thanks for the nice comments on my 10K results. Smile

Good news about the job, MikeE! Also nice for you to spend time with the foster grandchild, SteveP. All sorts of things going on around RA.

I took a day off after yesterday's 8-miler and knowing that the next 2 days should be good for biking. I'm leaving on the 10th of May to do a rail-trail cycling trip across Missouri (Katy Trail) and the conditions here have not been good for getting into cycling shape. That's why Iv'e got to get cracking on laying down some mileage!

Doug, runnin' cycling in Rochester, MI

"Think blue, count two, and look for a red shoe"

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Good news on the employment front--one starting and one stopping.  Congratulations to both Mike and Jlynne on positive career moves.  Hope you enjoy the change.

15 miles for me today.  a new long at a slow, but decent pace.  I was happy to see the first and last miles at the fastest pace of the day.  Still wondering a little where the next 11.2 miles will come from, but there are still two months to go.  Absolutley perfect day--low to mid 40s and a nice breeze.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

A good run makes you nostalgic...  A countryside one hour run, past turkeys (the male all puffed out!) and people fetching their Sunday paper from the newspaper box.  With some sweet East Texas swing music in my head, all was good with the world.

Happy Sunday running, everyone!

Renee

ETA:  Congrats on the NEW JOB Mike E!

3.5 gentle, healing miles for me this morning.  Sorry, I've had a hard time keeping up here this week - but HEY, did u hear MIKE E got a job!! CoolCool   (and so did my DHBig grin)

denise

aka FlyingFinn

Hi, Econo! We had similar countryside runs, but I saw Guinea Hens instead of turkeys. They live on a farm that I haven't run past in a long time so it was nostalgic for me, too.

MikeE, congratulations on your job, and Roch on your AG win in your race, and Steve on your foster grandson.

Erica, the bread turned out greta. We normally aren't white bread eaters either, but that method was so interesting I had to try it. I've since searched for whole wheat versions using tangzhong, and the ones I've found have about half whole wheat and half white. I may just have to try it with 100% whole wheat to see what happens.

11 hilly miles today, not too hard and not too easy. I thought about wild and wondered what she'd think of my hills.

Now I'm off to my favorite place in the world. The bluebirds have been visiting the nesting boxes, the lettuce, spinach, asparagus, and peas are up, and I'm planting turnips today. It's so nice outside! My neighbors were out in their garden, too.

Instructions for living a life:

Pay attention. Be astonished. Tell about it.   ~~~Mary Oliver

Stopping to say "hello" and "thank you". I am so appreciative of your efforts to track our Boston runners and spectators. Being local, I have had a chance to meet so many of you and knew exactly where to go for information. You all proved me right!

Last year I stopped running due to a right foot injury - I am starting back up again. 3.5 easy miles today with my pooch Little Walter.

Mustang S - we seem to be in the same place with our dogs - Morgan was also an impressive athlete and LW is a marshmallow. So be it - he is good running company.

Nice to see familiar face and some folks I haven't met yet.

Kirsten

Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.

Groucho Marx

opie, great job on the 5K PR.  Mike, congrats on the new job.  I'm anxious to hear about it.

Nice long runs for wild, Dave, Mike, stumpy, and Paavo.

This morning, it was in the mid 20s and almost calm.  I did 3 miles at a 10:17 pace.

A good day and good runs for all.

TomS

SteveP

Have fun gardening Paavo....Most of our snow is gone.

Avenger Doggie and I got out to a Boston Solidarity Run. There were about 100 people. The hound and I went three miles with the laid back summer group (summer faster - summer slower). After, Tag made a large number of friends while I was getting a cinnamon roll for us to share.

SteveP

evanflein

That's a great picture of Tag! Yeah, Steve too. Nice day for you two and enjoy the foster GS.

Love to see La Tortuga stop by today! I like your avatar with LW. He is a cutie, not everyone can be an athletic star!

Congrats on the new phase of your career life, Jeanne! I'm really looking forward to that, too. I hope your leg gets better soon.

Kevin is cranking up the miles! I love to see the progress of a first time marathoner. I remember when Orange Mat was doing that and each new long distance achievement was such an event. It's great! I look forward to your first 18 miler and 20 miler almost as much as you do! (ok, maybe more since I don't have to run them...!) Sharing those achievements is one of the really cool things about this site.

We're having another gorgeous day here, should be mid to upper 40's again. We're just lazing around the house so far (it's almost noon), but will get out for a run later. We also need to do some snow/ice/slush removal on our driveway because it's getting pretty messy. Need 4WD to get up to the house!