Masters Running

Cloudy Monday (Read 421 times)

TammyinGP

{{muchos abrazos para ti y tu familia}}

Tammy

Slo

Roch...Honestly, I had one of the funnest weeks of my life. Yes the first four days the temps were brutal. There were lots of people that had symptoms of heat stress. Dozens or more being taken to the hospital everyday. No one in our group had any major problems. We just took our time.

We don't camp. We travel in a 1979 Blue Bird Bus RV. In it's day it was the top of the line. It's a little beat up and past it's prime but it's very fitting for the Old Dawgs. We arrange for host homes and can usually score a carpeted floor in a finished basement. We had a nice shower every night. 5 of the group will take the RV and the rest of us pour into the house.

Even after biking 540 miles in the last 7 days I still managed to gain over 3 lbs last week. Ribeye sandwiches, pie, homemade ice cream, turkey legs, breakfast burittos, pancakes, watermelon, pizza. Honestly though I think the weight gain is mostly due to the beer.

I haven't done any of the other large rides but everyone says there is nothing that compares to RAGBRAI.

Marathon Maniac #957

Even after biking 540 miles in the last 7 days I still managed to gain over 3 lbs last week. Ribeye sandwiches, pie, homemade ice cream, turkey legs, breakfast burittos, pancakes, watermelon, pizza. Honestly though I think the weight gain is mostly due to the beer.

Big grin  Gosh that sounds like fun though!

Tramps - I love it when you rant....Smile

{{{Mariposai and family}}} - always tough when a beloved pet dies, even at a ripe old age.

Byll - are we still talking about a get-together at Traverse City next May?  I'm working on my spring plans (and on DH).

Happy Birthday Jlynne!!!  And awesome news!  I hope we get more grandchild pics - I always love those!

Getting ready to head out to our concert now...

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

SteveP

Happy Birthday Jlynne!!!  And awesome news!  I hope we get more grandchild pics - I always love those!

Getting ready to head out to our concert now...

+1

(((((Moondancer))))). I'm sorry Nancy

25. trail minuets.. With DW using the truck this week, it was nice to pick berries while in her car. I nearly had to take the seat belt off to get a few of them.

SteveP

evanflein

Left work early and DH and I went blueberry picking in a new spot that my sister ans sister-in-law told me about. We got about 1.5 gallons and it was pretty good out there, but I want to go out to my regular spot on my side of the valley next. No run today which is just fine. That berry picking is a hard work out! Sorry about your kitty, Nancy. Sad
            evanflein

I left my computer at work and don't remember how to post paragraphs from the iPad...

Happy Belated birthday Jlynne!!  Hope it was wonderful!!

So sorry about your Moondancer Posai....

denise