Masters Running

Monday's Daily, 1.29.18 (Read 39 times)

coastwalker

Mornin' everyone.

Sunday's workouts:

RunnerKSA (4.5 morning miles)

Henrun (2 post-rain miles)

Mike (6 miles with hacking)

Spacityrunner (5.5 morning miles on Hot Springs Mountain in 30° temps)

Quickadder (12 mizzle-threatened miles at 10:09 pace)

Dave59 (Daydream run)

Holly (12.3 miles in 31° temps with mist and skim ice)

Stumpy (4.5 miles, longer than a lake loop)

C-R (17.6 miles with a couple of ultra-types)

Twocat (1 hr on the elliptical)

Pfriese (14 lake-round miles in IRC)

Bioguy (4 post-babysitting miles)

Evanflein (1:02 pool running)

Surly Bill (5.4 EZ miles)

Falconfixer (midday 12 miles in light rain at 8:25 pace)

Fatozzig (50 afternoon min of core/ST)

Steve (2 Sunday miles)

I like Stumpy's question, Dave - what was the sermon about?

Nice long run, C-R. You too, Pfriese.

Tough dog day, Mike, but it sounds like you may have found a workable, if not ideal, system for dealing with it.

I've installed a replacement garage door opener, but I called the pros when the spring broke on the door. The first time they showed up with the new spring, it was the wrong size (they had insisted that they measure for it so they'd be sure to get the right size spring), so they had to start over again...

There was some, but not a lot of elevator music at the Chris Botti concert. Maybe it had something to do with the fact that when they said (in jest) the only thing missing was some tequila, a women in the audience went to the bar and brought back shots for the whole band! Botti hit some amazing, crystal-clear notes on his trumpet. His violinist, in one long solo, went from classical to blue grass to Led Zepplin. The band played some ballads, but they also had the music hall rocking. So we had a good time.

2 EZ recovery miles this morning. I had covered a lot of ground (by my standards) over the weekend, and thought it prudent to back off for a day.

Have a greta Monday.

Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

Tramps

5 misty morning miles.

(I've been scarce because I'm focusing on big work projects and will need to do so for a few more weeks. It's all good.)

Be safe. Be kind.

Dave59

Got up an hour later than I wanted but I managed to get in 3.03 miles before work.

I took notes yesterday so I could give a point-by-point summary of the sermon. I only daydream in the lulls. (I take notes to avoid checking out mentally.)

4.2 miles- rain stopped just in time for me to run before heading off on my 2 hour drive back to Ft.Lauderdale to fly home.  I’m ready to be home......

2 miles on my treadmill after I got home-  unwinding from the travel day, which, fortunately, went smoothly.

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

C-R

Hay all. Glad you enjoyed the concert Jay. And I fully agree on the garage door spring. Not something I will touch. Opener went up with no issues. Nice and Quiet.

Ran 4 this morning. Lots of work

taking notes in church. interesting idea.

Cheers.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
            "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

wildchild

Carolyn

Yesterday we moved camp from the east to the west side of Cochise Stronghold, with a stop in the nearest town for groceries, propane, and water. I just had time for 5 trail miles before sunset. Today we're going climbing.

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

Marathon Maniac #957

Wildchild - Liven' the dream.....

No run for me today, just about 35 minutes of weights and core.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

catwhoorg

Labrat

5 miles at lunch. Distinctly lacking in energy and motivation.

As of right now I have to get both kids from school, so that will be it.

5K  20:23  (Vdot 48.7)   9/9/17

10K  44:06  (Vdot 46.3)  3/11/17

HM 1:33:48 (Vdot 48.6) 11/11/17

FM 4:13:43 (Vdot 35.4) 3/4/18

A fight with the ants at 4:30 when I fed the cats took it out of me.  I'll get in a 30 min walk after work.

One good thing about the ants, Mr. Mr. likes to lick them up off the floor when he sees them.  When the light caught the floor at a certain angle, I could see the little wet spots where he was licking them up.  I just need him to be more vigilant.  

Most everyone around here has issues with ants, and when it gets wet, they move indoors.  My outdoor potted plants and blueberry plants are practically alive with them.

Enjoy ~~

Leslie
                    Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                    -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

TammyinGP

DH and I saw The Post on Saturday night. I think we both had higher expectations based on the hype and trailers we've seen. We were underwhelmed and DH nodded off several times. I thought the movie line was very slow moving.  I've heard great things about The Shape of Water, so we'll check that one out next. 

looking at my running log, I am ahead of pace bunny and I'm only about 10 miles off from a my first 100 mile month is probably 3 yrs!  lol. I feel like I need to make it happen.

Tammy

Dave59

I have run the Tallahassee Half Marathon twice so far. It gives me a chance to visit the kids and grandkids. The race is Sunday and I am not going this year.

But I just saw that the USATF Cross-Country National Championships will be in Tallahassee on Saturday with Galen Rupp and Jordan Hasay participating. This course looks to be a mile or two from my daughter's house.

I'm kind of bummed that I am not going down there this year. Could have been fun to watch in person.

https://troubleafoot.blogspot.com/2018/01/usatf-xc-preview-2018.html

...some Dumb Thing With My Back.........

=============

40-min x-bike

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

pfriese

6 ezpz miles at the park.

Paul

I had a case where the plaintiff tried to replace his garage door spring at midnight Saturday night- after having quite a few drinks.  The spring was under tension, released, broke the guys arm in 3 places and knocked him off his stool.  But somehow he tried to make it into a warning case and have it be our company's fault.  I did revise all our warnings during my tenure there- but not because of that guy.

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

I had a case where the plaintiff tried to replace his garage door spring at midnight Saturday night- after having quite a few drinks.  The spring was under tension, released, broke the guys arm in 3 places and knocked him off his stool.  But somehow he tried to make it into a warning case and have it be our company's fault.  I did revise all our warnings during my tenure there- but not because of that guy.

Did the warning include: Do Not Attempt While Standing on a Stool. Do Not Attempt After Midnight.  Do Not Attempt While Intoxicated.  Do Not Attempt After Midnight While Intoxicated While Standing on a Stool.

Leslie
                                Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                                -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance