Masters Running

Any opinions on Adrenaline 8's vs 7's? (Read 167 times)

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

I started out in the Adrenaline 6's, moved to the 7's when they came out, and have been very happy with them. I go through shoes so slowly that now the 9's have come out. i will be need a new pair in not TOO long and I see that Sports authority has the 8's on sale for only $60. (they must get them on clearance, since that's how I got my last 2 sets of 7's) Is there enough of a difference that I should skip the 8's and go see if the 9's are still OK for me, or can I just transition into the 8's? I know in the past, folks have complained that the next generation of their favorites just weren't the same, so I don't want to get stuck with something that doesn't work, even at a reduced price. Thanks for any input. Kevin

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

PJH

I've gone the same route - 6's to 7's to 8's. I have had no problem with the transition and frankly, haven't noticed that much of a difference (except they look nicer). I like the shoe. I had an opportunity to pick up a pair of 6's for $40 cdn recently ... worked for me. The newer ones can cost anywhere up to $150 here. I've been going through about 4 pairs per year - I turn them over at about 400-500 miles. Good luck. PJ
      stumpy77

Trails are hard!

PJ--thanks for the info. i just discovered a $25 coupon for purchases over $100, so I'm thinking I'll pick up two pair for $120 and get a final cost of $95. under $50 a pair is a pretty good deal, and I'l be set for another year most likely.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

Maniac 505

I started with 5's I am running on 9's now. If you can get a good price on earlier models, go for it. Dave