Masters Running

Story for JLynne (Read 181 times)

Teresadfp

One day at a time

I had to share this link.  It's about a boy born with the same problem that little Will has.  He's an 18-year-old athlete in my son's class (they even share advisory).  It's a good story!

http://www.theforecaster.net/node/31197/

Great article, Teresa.

Leslie
      Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
      -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

evanflein

That is a good article. And interesting to note that it wasn't diagnosed till after he was born. In the case of little Will, they knew long before he was born and were prepared for what they needed to do. It's truly wonderful how some advances are being made.
        Teresadfp

One day at a time

That is a good article. And interesting to note that it wasn't diagnosed till after he was born. In the case of little Will, they knew long before he was born and were prepared for what they needed to do. It's truly wonderful how some advances are being made.

Oh, that's cool!  The mother of the boy is on my committee for Project Graduation, so I will tell her about Will!  I had never heard this story before the article came out.

OMG, can you imagine those poor parents: "Don't go into the nursery, there's something wrong with the baby!"  I mean, wouldn't you just fly out to the nursery if you heard that?  What a fantastic story, so good of you to post it, Teresa.  And you know the young man, that's really neat.

I like the fact that the tri-doctor is the one who gets how Ted feels.  Is he going to college, do you know, and if so, where?  Best wishes to him!

grins,

A

Masters 2000 miles
              Thanks for the link, Teresa. I've printed it and will share it with the kids. Will was diagnosed at my DIL's first ultrasound, so they had a long time to think about/prepare for all of the issues Will would be facing. I can't imagine how frightening for the parents it would be to not know any of this - it was horrible enough watching when we knew what was happening. I'm glad that young man is living a normal, healthy life.