Masters Running

A good time to go run run run! (Read 42 times)

Avenger Doggie

protector of my dad

Why do people get on a treadmill? It's very loud and you don't go anywhere. I'm glad you got outside. Jay.

I have a road ID on my collar Dave. Maybe your wife will get you one.

Tramps, I used to help in the garden when I was little. I hope it is fun.

We always are remembering you Mr. Tet.

I try helping Dad with his yoga, Hopes Mom. He pushes me away and gets loud!

You are smart Surly Bill.

I'm sorry you are coughing. Leslie. Is it a hairball?

I'm glad you like rice, Joe, and it's OK. Try ice cream.

Tammy, I'm glad you get to spend time with David.

Hi Doug!! The trails sound fun. Did you chase any critters?

I'm sorry you are falling apart Two Cat.

Dad likes your toe tags Stumpy.

I hope you have fun with the vacation C-R.

Falconfixer, can you fix your bracket? Dad uses a lot of tape and nails.

I'm glad you get to go on the trails Nancy.

Hi Erika!

Dad came home early and he suprised me! I thought a bad guy was at the door and I yelled very loud. The door started to open and I kept yelling, but I went down the hall. When the bad guy came all the way in, I was in Mom and Dad's bedroom and I was very quiet. It was just Dad being dumb!

He got on some different shoes and the pants that go swish swish swish when we run run run! We got in the truck and we stopped to get Marley!!!

Her eye brows are getting wild!

We got to a muddy and icy road and we got to go run run run and it was fun fun fun!

Dad is getting faster and it's easier for him to keep up with me and Marley.

Marley was sad because Dad would not let her roll in mud. She likes that a lot.

There were not very many critters out so it was easy to think about staying close to dad. We went for 5 miles (what ever a mile is) Dad is getting very fast and some times I had to walk a little bit. Him and Marley would wait for me a little, but I always got catched up. It as so much fun!

We got back to Dad's truck and he helped me in a little bit. And I went in back and waited to go to the ice cream store and Dad went right past it!! I wanted to cry! He said he forgot his wallet. I'm going to bite him one day.

Sniffing Butts, Tag

coastwalker

Mornin' everyone.

It's great to hear from AD again this morning. Nice photos of you and Marley and some guy. Too bad about Dad forgetting his wallet.

I've had a Road ID on the watch band of my Garmin for about 5 years. It's my only ID when I head out for my workouts, so I'm glad it's there, and hope I never need it.

Once again this morning, I woke up early, thought about sleeping in, and then got up, dressed, and out the door in about 10-15 minutes. I got in 5.65 relatively quick RW miles in 43° temps under overcast skies. We're heading to NJ in about an hour, and DW'll drive the first half of our trip, so maybe I'll get a little sleep then.

Have a greta final weekend of March.

Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

Thank you, AD- love the pictures.  Good morning Jay- have a good day.

Still downtown at the hotel so treadmill it was! 4 miles done and off to do some seminar sessions and then a Ryman and Studio B tour this afternoon.  

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

Nice start, AD.

I've got a couple of Road IDs that I assume are on my trail and road shoes since I basically forget they're there. When cycling I'm always carrying regular ID and my phone.

The caption on this photo in our paper today was "A runner participates in the Mud Run, a 10-kilometer obstacle course in Tel Aviv, Israel". Gives a whole new meaning to the word "participate", but at least he's keeping his Nikes clean! 

Nothing on tap for today. I was intending to run or ride, but I stubbed my toe getting out of the shower yesterday and it's still too sore this morning to put on a running or cycling shoe comfortably. At least that's my excuse for the day...

Doug, runnin' cycling in Rochester, MI

"Think blue, count two, and look for a red shoe"

bioguy

Slow easy 5. Now off to my classroom to meet students for an AP Biology review session.

Tailwinds!

Good morning folks. A post from AD! And pictures too! You make your dad take you back to the ice cream store and get you a double dish today.  Your recaps are as good as your dad's too, btw.

Safe travels to NJ Jay. You're good - my DH can never sleep while I'm driving. Says it makes him nervous

Have fun doing tours today KSA.

Sorry about the stubbed toe Roch. I suspect your toe will be some interesting colors the next few days!

Wondering if Joe decided to run today...

Enjoy your vacation Norm.

Twocat - thanks for the link about your mother.

I spent yesterday with my grandsons. We went bowling, played baseball and went out for lunch. When they started fighting with each other, I gave them each a plastic bag and sandbox shovel and sent them in the back yard to  pick up their dog poo. Their behavior improved in a hurry!

7.5 (a nice round number for all of you OCD people) miles this morning. 35° and some sun. My pace is pretty pokey and I took a few walking breaks, but I'm so grateful to just be out there.

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Dad is getting faster

Smart doggie.

Could you say it about me sometime too?

Wouldn't work now because of the no-wallet excuse,

but, maybe, sometime try "he's a real nice guy" too.

in the meantime, you're real nice to take over the daily

recap and give the old guy a much-needed break.

Thanks.

You would have liked this morning's run outing.

No mud but lots and lots of sticks

from winter's broken branches.

Woke up at j-o’clock but really didn’t feel like putting on the lights for the Hillside Trails I’ve done so many times in the dark since I discovered how much fun it is to be tracked around the park with a red route line and with MapMyRun announcing distance, pace, etc. every 1/4 mile if I want but then, voila!, why not make it more interesting with the four-pound ankle weights I got at a Big Five sale a couple of years ago when my stomach was on the DL and regular walking was about all I could do.  They dropped the 15-20m/m Hillside pacing to 30+ and barely made two miles instead of the three I was thinking but feels like five.  Unlike jay in the car, I'll get my catch-up zz's at the house for today's gardening extravaganza.

ps henry - nourished by dried mangos
                mixed with dried kiwis I’ve come
                to like from Costco.  

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

Henrun

Beautiful morning but, after 2 days in a row of running, I decided to wait until tomorrow for a longer run. Did indoor cycling and weights.This afternoon another choral rehearsal so I get a good walk in (little over a mile both ways) and more walking later.

I’ve had some of that crud that’s going around- very slowly improving but very annoying.

Marathon Maniac #957

Howdy AD, nice to hear from you again!

Road ID - I should probably start carrying one, but I will likely do the dog tag carabiner clip approach, since it is $3 verses $20 for the runner version.

I forgot to post yesterday, but I did get out between rain showers for 3 miles. The top of my foot is getting tender again (this was the prelude to my tendon injury a few months ago) so I kept it short, and today am taking a running day off.  30-40 minutes of weights and core today instead.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

dnaff

I posted yesterday  but it disappeared.   I ran 2 consecutive days.  Well, run/walk but more running than walking.  My aches and pains cooperated.  The weather is dreary so I'll take today off and run tomorrow.   I really enjoy the dog commentary and the pictures!

Avenger Doggie good to hear from you again. Sounds like you had a good time. That wallet thing can be a problem. Fortunately, at more and more places you can pay by cell phone. That has often rescued me.

Surly Bill you are friends with the Cherry Poppin' Daddies! That is really cool. I have their Zoot Suit Riot album and of course the parsimonious song off of that is just awesome.

I ran my first 6 mile rehab run this morning. My Garmin claims it recorded an increase in my V02max, so I guess that was a twofer today.  Tonight I am going to the ballet with DW and two friends. With some luck I will fall into a coma when it starts and snap out when it ends, all the while looking like I am wide awake and paying attention. What can I say, the ballet is just not me.

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

AVENGER DOGGIE!  HI!!!  And it could be a hairball.  I'll let you know. Too bad Dad "forgot" his wallet.  I'd be suspicious of that excuse if I were you.

The caption on this photo in our paper today was "A runner participates in the Mud Run, a 10-kilometer obstacle course in Tel Aviv, Israel". Gives a whole new meaning to the word "participate", but at least he's keeping his Nikes clean! 

2Kitty -  re your ballet comment.

Tet - Have you tried the chocolate covered dried mangos? If not, don't.  You'll never be the same.

I got to work at 7:30, will stay 'til probably around 12:00, then head home and get in a workout.

It's not every pet mom who is lucky enough to have her cat express his love so clearly and openly:

Image may contain: plant and outdoor

At least for once all pee was located in the cat box.

Leslie
                          Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                          -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Dave59

I went out this morning with the plan to do an easy 60 minute jog, but my troubled right calf felt tight and sore. I kept stopping to massage, stretch, and walk but after about 50 minutes I finally gave up. I only covered 4.39 miles. In order to get 2 points in the work wellness challenge, I walked an extra 10 minutes to get my watch up to an hour but I won't record that half mile or so in my log for the day.

I probably shouldn't have tried to go 3 days in a row running. I'll rest up tomorrow and I'll work on my calf with the stick and Pure Flow massage thing.

Tramps

I have a road ID on my collar Dave. Maybe your wife will get you one.

A dog who tells jokes! Good to have you back, AD!

Twocat--thanks for that info and links. Very interesting and impressive stuff. That's a treasure of an interview for your family to have. (And I'm with you on ballet. Yawn.)

SurlyBill--I remember Zoot Suit Riot! Didn't realize they were still around; cool. I kinda liked Squirrel Nut Zippers, too, during that whole ska/swing-revival thing in the 90s. I'll have to go back and listen to some of that again. It's been ages.

I dug and chopped my way through a monster stump yesterday; call it old-fashioned cross-training. Hauled off a half-dozen heaping wheelbarrows full of stump material by the end of the day. Whew. Today started with a short 5K run and then getting the lawn tractor out of storage for a first mow. It's that time of the year around here.

Be safe. Be kind.

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Tet - Have you tried the chocolate covered dried mangos? If not, don't.  You'll never be the same

Nope, I won't.

I once brought back some chocolate potato chips

that I wouldn't eat as a strange souvenir from a Japan trip

but the kids, "no need to bring back any more," .  . .

so i brought back the cod roe ones next time.

I dug and chopped my way through a monster stump yesterday; call it old-fashioned cross-training. Hauled off a half-dozen heaping wheelbarrows full of stump material by the end of the day. Whew.

I dreaded so much finishing the same on the remnant stump (from the cherry tree next to the house that, when it toppled into the house a four falls ago, it was too close to build up any momentum and only the gutter got damaged it was so close and couldn't build up any damaging momentum) that I put it off the planned morning effort until, at lunch break, making the mistake of reading tramps' post about the same so went back out with renewed commitment and finished the remaining digging and breaking it up into two more wheels barrowful.  Thanks Tramps for the needed incentive.  Plenty of other yard/garden work so would probably still be thinking about it.  Fortunately, not as bad as i anticipated as it was farily rotten by now

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)