Masters Running

Maraton Internacional Paraguay Report or…a journey to memory lane (Read 329 times)

Wow, Mari, what a terrific effort and great RR. You've heard of the butterfly effect? Your ripples will be affecting lives for a long time. Thanks so much for sharing.
    evanflein

You are the most amazing woman and I'm so proud to call you friend! When we talked about this last November in Seattle I could tell how excited you were about it. I was hoping it would go through as you'd planned, and I was so happy to hear you were able to accomplish this goal! I was running a long run in some pretty cold temps when you did this, and I thought of you in what seemed like a world apart, but sharing a common love of running. The lives you've touched are all the better for your efforts (here and there!).

Manchild

I second what Bob wrote to open his reply! I am truly inspired by your strength and commitment to follow through on and realize your dream. As Arf wrote, you did it for the people and that's bigger than any marathon I've completed. Your homeland is beautiful as are your extended family shown in the marvelous photos. You too are a beautiful person and a true heroine. Congratulations! Chris
        spacityrunner

What an outstanding run/race. The message that you sent to your neighbors and family is one they will never ever forget. Ms. Butterfly Princess, do you plan on letting others do this with you next year? I have always wanted to do an "official" international run. Not a marathon, but for this I would make an exception. I think your marathon would be a lot of fun! I especially like the barefoot part. Thanks so much for sharing your experience with us.

Trails Rock!

This report is a gift. Thank you. Everyone captured all the reactions so well that I don't know that I can add anything substantive. I too am grateful that you shared this here. I love all the photos and the one with your arms in the air in particular----a victory of the spirit and the soul. Phenomenal CNY

Marathon Maniac #957

Here’s another one sitting at her keyboard with tears streaming down her face....You are truly an inspiration, lovely Mariposai......

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."