Masters Running

Thursday, April 22 Runs and Recoveries (Read 726 times)

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

Good Morning!!!

Not much rest for me again last night.   Hailey is in the stage of wanting to be in the house with us more than out with her puppies, which is fine, but she does not totally relax because she still worries about them.   At 5 a.m. I let her out there and when I got back from my run at 6 she was barking to get out.    I'd probably be the same way if I had 6 kids bugging me all the time.

4 miles with my neighbor this morning.   We haven't done that in ages.   It was a good thing we had a date too as it got me out of bed.  10:13 / 10:13 / 10:15 / 10:19 - 10:15 avg. pace

Happy Thoisday!!

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
    It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com

Nice run with your neighbor this morning, hopeful.  Steve, I'm sorry to hear your back is still not right.  I hope it gets better soon.  Nice long run, Walt.

We are about to go out the door to head for Nashville and our daughter's marathon.  I haven't gotten to all the Boston reports so will make that a priority when we get back.

A good day and good runs for all.

TomS

Tramps

Thanks for starting us off, Mary.

Have fun in Nashville, Tom!

3.5 mile recovery run with some walking on the big hill.  Just trying to stay loose.

Have a good one.

Be safe. Be kind.

Slo

Hey Yall

Tough run for me last night........wanted to do at least 12...none of it came easy.

Busy work day ahead.......lots to get done too before the weekend gets here. Out of town family get-a-way. We all meet at a hotel that is approx midway between all of us....hang out at the pool, eat big, agitate all the kids and not worry about cleaning up after ourselves. My sister calls these "Very Schmitty Weekends".

I have my last long run planned, at least one if not two of my sisters will join me for the last hour....if I don't get lost and make it back to the hotel in time....that is.

Take care......run like you want !

I'd probably be the same way if I had 6 kids bugging me all the time.

Nice run this morning Mary. All we need is a partner to help motivate us, right?

Tom - good luck to your DD this weekend. Have fun in Nashville.

Legs still a little tight this morning Tramps? They've been through a lot the last few days.

Have a great weekend Slo. Check your messages before you leave, okay?

8 miles this morning, 9:30 pace. I bought a pair of Brooks Ravennas and took them out for their maiden voyage today. I like 'em! We're heading down to Madison tomorrow afternoon to run the Crazy Legs on Saturday morning, so this will be my first race running in Brooks. Hope they make me fast! I get to hang out with Will today. His parents have started him on bananas. Mmmm.....that should be fun.

agitate all the kids and not worry about cleaning up after ourselves.

Sounds like every weekend at my place, especially the "not clean up part."

Tramps, I'm still grinning about your "Boston Death March" quip.

5 easy for me this morning, 43:something.

Walt

Not trying to be pesty this morning, but I forgot to share something from yesterday. I was on my way home from work at around 3:45, and as I was driving down the street I noticed a small group of kids running together. Looked like an after-school training run of some type, and they all looked to be around 7 or 8 years old. The leader of the pack was a skinny young man wearing long wind pants and NO SHIRT (it was only around 46°). A buzz cut so short and light you could hardly tell he had hair. As I passed him, he was checking the time on his watch.

I thought to myself, this is probably Timbo about  30-35 years ago.

i'm lovin' it... MM#1949

Tramps.. at least you're running already! I could tell you weren't totally impressed with Boston Smile

How's dg's healing coming along?

2 very slow mile walk with the dogs saying Heel to the dogs and Heal to my butt Big grin

All the time in the world to heal up and build slowly.  That's a good place to be right now!  New goals: Spring 2011 BQ and Boston 2012!

Perch's Profile "I don't know if running adds years to your life, but it definitely adds life to your years." - Jim Fixx "The secret is to make in your mind possible what was not possible before. The secret is to make easy what was difficult, instead to make difficult what really is easy." - Coach Renato Canova

Marathon Maniac #957

TomS – good running to your DD!

Slo – I love how close your family is.

Have I mentioned that Tramps’ DW is tres kewl...

Jlynne -

Today my DH rather courageously took both children to “Take Your Child To Work” day at his job.  He works as an inspector for the county water and sanitation department (overseeing pipeline projects), and there are apparently projects and activities set up for the kids to do today. 

No run for me today as I stayed home to help get the kids up, fed, and ready to go by 6:40.  Some light x-training after they left:  weighted squats, dead lifts, glute raises, butterflies, lateral raises, triceps extensions, shoulder presses, push-ups, chin-ups (2+2+2), and stability ball crunches.

ETA - Still not caught up at work.  My boss is extremely sick with a very bad cold – the kind with wrenching coughs.  I’m hoping like heck that my post-marathon-depressed-immune-system doesn’t catch it.  She’s going home early, but not before coughing on all the paperwork she’s handing me......

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

That's funny Jlynne about Timbo 35 years ago!

I see Holly's back doing her cross-training torture workouts.  All's well with the world!

I ventured out for an exploratory run this morning over at Boston Common.  There were several others out testing the wheels slowly like me.  I ended up with 2.5 miles at 9:34 pace.  The legs are feeling better after that than they have since Monday.

We're taking the train to Manhattan early this afternoon.  I like Boston.  Cool town.

Bill

"Some are the strong, silent type. You can't put your finger on exactly what it is they bring to the table until you run without them and then you realize that their steadiness fills a hole that leaks energy in their absence." - Kristin Armstrong

Good Morning all

3.5 easy miles on what looks to be a beautiful day in the Western part of the Commonwealth. No watch, 52º, everything in full bloom and the quads are barely barking now.  No speed workouts this week and an easy return to core stuff and weights. Feeling good.

Good on your DH Holly. Hope the kids have fun.  Yikes on the sick boss----Purell-a-thon for you. My kiddo is off this week and has been running each day so far---even wants to race at the weekly 5k at the Holyoke Reservoir tonight. I'll go, but walk the course as he does his thing. (shhhhh....told me he wants to run a marathon some day). These races are all free for 18 and unders and the raffle prizes are great.

dg! My nephew Charlie was there on Monday again, but hadn't been up since the wee hours building Lego castles this year. He and his three year-old sister were ringing cow bells, stealing balloons from toddlers and wanting to run out into the road during the marathon. They also love beating up on the kiddo. Charlie wanted to know why I didn't stop to hang out with them! 

Back posting! It feels good. I have been training steadily, although you can't tell by my neglected log. I am getting my 5K 5th graders ready for their race in May. 18 of them taking part in the program, and a very hard working bunch, can't wait until they get the payoff. No run for me today, just some lifting this morning and some kayaking this afternoon. Nursing a sore knee after a trail race last night.

Karin- I know others have already said this but Way to go in Boston! My eyes popped when I read your race report.

Good to see people here running with the Boston hangover.

Marathon Maniac #957

When I compared my finish line photos to the video I watched yesterday, I realized that the person I thought was me crossing the finish line was someone else.  Apparently I wasn’t the only Marathon Maniac wearing a black skirt and hat.  Go figure. 

Also, I had thought I had a pretty nice finishing kick, but the person in the video wasn’t really moving that fast.  Although it’s true that I often feel like I’m going fast when I’m actually not.  At any rate, I went back and found the real me crossing the finish line and I was gratified to see that, this time at least, I really was cooking at the finish.

If you go to http://wbztv.com/bostonmarathon  and type in Wave 2 and a finish time of 4:09:10, I cross the “S” in “Finish” right about 15 seconds into the video.  In fact, if you watch the white road stripe near the top right at the beginning, I was practically blazing into the finish, channeling my inner Econo and knocking people to the right and left, pony tail flying like crazy.

Obviously, if I had that much left at the end, I didn't run fast enough....

Hey, if any of the other Boston finishers find their video, post how to find it here, because it will only be up for two weeks.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Hello there!

Hey Tom, have fun in Nashville.  We are expecting some biblical weather this weekend for the marathon.  I'll be out running it, but am just coming back form 6 months off due to mono, now 4 weeks into training.  CMM will be just a fitness test for me to see where I am.  Should be interesting.

BTW folks.  New master runner here... Smile

Tramps

BTW folks.  New master runner here... Smile

OMG, look who crawled in from the Swamp!

Oops, did I say that?  I've lurked a bit over there...and laughed a lot.  That isn't our usual welcome to newcomers.  We're a very un-swampy bunch.  Friendly and supportive really.  Well, there's the occasional bitter and cynical bonking RR, but that's just me. Everyone else is really nice.

New masters runner, eh?  Have you been fitted for your walker yet?

Be safe. Be kind.