Masters Running

2009 NYC Marathon---a good day indeed (Read 261 times)

Never mind---tried linking the race report I posted on Kickrunners and it keeps showing up as an invalid link. I put it into a word document and whenever I try and paste that here on RA all the weird formatting symbols are visible. Wish I could delete the thread topic too. Sorry! The report is in my training log FWIW

No matter, it was a great day on 11/2 and I am recovering rapidly and well.

The report I am really waiting for is Maraposai's as she deserves the spotlight for running the NYC marathon---a long held dream.

Busy work period for me now, so I'll be scarce but running as always!

MTA: Thanks so much Holly and Bill! I am usually not such a Luddite, but didn't want to fiddle with it anymore. Good friends to the rescue! 

Marathon Maniac #957

Karin,

Let's see if this works.  Karin's race report is here:

http://www.kickrunners.com/forum//showthread.php?t=59937

ETA - Byll - great minds think alike...

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

"Some are the strong, silent type. You can't put your finger on exactly what it is they bring to the table until you run without them and then you realize that their steadiness fills a hole that leaks energy in their absence." - Kristin Armstrong

Renee the dog

LMAO!  You got a lip plant post-marathon in Central Park. Damn, you are hawt girl!

Great report and soooo exciting!  Congrats on an excellent performance.

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!

wildchild

Carolyn

Great RR, Karin!  You're one talented and  amazing runner.  I can't fathom running a race with over 43,000 participants. It must take amazing organizational skills to pull off an event that large.  Very cool that you got to see friends and family, and you ran your plan so well.  Congrats!

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

Excellent job Karin!!    I'm so happy that you were able to run NYC as it is so special to you.     I felt so bad for your friend.   I hope she is fully recovering too.

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
              It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com

What a great race, CNY.  Running in  a place with memories and  with the support of friends and family make it extra special.  You had a great plan and executed it well.  Your report was well written and a joy to read.  Congratulations.

holly and breger, thanks for the link.  It was neat hearing from some of the old CR gang that don't post on RA.

TomS

That was a super report--having just run this one last year, it is remarkable how you captured the neighborhoods--I could see it all again in my mind's eye.  What a treat!  [And being a Frank fan, the starting line fanfare got me totally pumped (the guys to the side peeing on the charity clothes, however, not so much )]

I agree with Erika -- you're our Iron K.

Congrats.  I can't wait to track your progress in 2010, Karin. 

grins,

A

Masters 2000 miles
                  Tramps

Excellent race and report, Karin!  I'm out of breath just reading it.

Be safe. Be kind.

Wow, Karin. I think that pretty much says it all. It was exciting to read your RR - you are an incredible athlete. Hope you get to savor this race for a while.

Dial it up indeed! You are amazing and what a great  RR.

Larry

Chumbawamba: I get knocked down But I get up again You're never going to keep me down

Prince of Fatness

Outstanding.

Not at it at all. 

Iron K!!!  I love it!!!  you are like a tiny bullet - you're speed and execution are amazing!!  NICE JOB!!

glad the med team came thru for Iron J - hope she's feeling much better now!!

denise

Florida

Nice race.  Congrats.
                                I spent the morning tracking you on the web and lady you were smoking!  Nice race and report.

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/