Masters Running

Sunday's Daily, 2.9.14 (Read 43 times)

coastwalker

Mornin' everyone!

Sorry, but I haven't the time to summarize yesterday today. (What? )

10.9 RW miles at 4:45 (I know, I know; I'm a slacker). It was 19F with low grey clouds, but also a few stars popping through now and again. Near the end, a few flakes were floating down. I went an inland route that I've wanted to do for a while, but haven't for one reason or another. I had a good time and saw some beautiful, traditional and contemporary New England homes along the way. My pacing was good, and I walked negative splits, which I was happy about. Now DW and I are going to our favorite dive for breakfast. I have a lot to do today, but my goal is to carve out an hour somewhere along the way to just sit and read the newspaper. We'll see if that happens.

Have a greta Sunday!

Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

...mornin' jay..........

THANKS SOOOOO MUCH TO AVENGER DOGGIE///.........Claire LOVED yhe pictures

she also

wanted to post a FavoriteSong (in Hungarian) for Annabelle.......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RpVqM2TGhiE

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

SteveP

We are curious as to what made this hole. Noah said it's from a ground hog. Any other guesses from Claire??

SteveP

G'mornin guys and all who follow!

Nice photos again and mystery cave! :-)

Love the link TW and hope Annabelle sees it and gets back to Claire

12-mile team run on local roads this morning. 8:00 pace most of the way and a few at 7:50 when we could open up on plowed pavement and road shoulders. Mostly sunny and 18º---another 70 plus mileage week and fatigued but not shredded.

We got up early to watch some Olympics and it was tough at first to get out for the run as the kiddo was whipping up omelettes and bacon.  My drooling was observed apparently since he made one for me when I got back. Slow Sunday mornings are awesome!

Olympic watching now and off to granny's for a visit later.

King of PhotoShop

3 slow recovery miles at the park. Felt fine.  Spareribs

C-R

Good stuff from Jay and CNY (70+ again - that goal race doesn't stand a chance)

I'm guessing a confused or over imbibed ice fisherman hole.

I was worried you were trying to Rick Roll us tom.

Slow recovery is good. I need some of that but today was track day. Well usually its Saturday but kiddo had a birthday party and sleepover so we hit the track this morning for some stuff. 6.5 miles total with about 3 miles @ 6mpm pace when I could hold him back. Kid was knocking off 1:15 400s like nothing. We should have fun at his Indoor championships.

Well two workouts in two days and I am ready to watch some XC skiing and speed skating.

Cheers.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
              "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

..steveP//..........Claire thinks YOU made the hole..........

or

one of the Winter Moles that live up there

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

9:53.0 1.00 9:53
                  2 9:41.5 1.00 9:41
                  3 9:23.7 1.00 9:24
                  4 9:27.8 1.00 9:28
                  5 9:42.9 1.00 9:43
                  6 9:22.4 1.00 9:22
                  7 9:37.1 1.00 9:37
                  8 9:24.9 1.00 9:25
                  9 9:13.9 1.00 9:14
                  10 9:16.0 1.00 9:16
                  11 9:15.7 1.00 9:16
                  12 9:19.0 1.00 9:19
                  13 9:13.4 1.00 9:13
                  14 8:58.2 1.00 8:58
                  15 9:05.4 1.00 9:05
                  16 9:50.8 1.00 9:51
                  17 9:20.2 1.00 9:20
                  18 1:50.2 0.20 8:58
                  <tfoot> </tfoot>
                  Summary 2:41:56.1 17.20

9:25

Sorry to take up so much space --- this was my long run today tho --- thinking my marathon pace should be around 9:20 ....I was running with a friend who wants her pace to be more like 9:30 so a few times I slowed down for her.....other times I ran just ahead.   Would some of you more experienced marathoners have an advice for me - do you think 9:20 is reasonable giving this mostly flat long run?  I was shooting for at least 6 marathon pace miles starting from mile 9 - had one definitely too fast in there, but have to say I feel strong after this run right now!!

Happy Sunday my friends and thanks in advance for any advice!!

p.s.  great pictures Steve .... I still have to go back and catch up on yesterday!!

denise

Tramps

Hey, as kids, we used to make holes like that all the time.  Check around for tunnel systems.

4 mile "race" today.  My PW at this distance, not surprisingly given my lack of running lately.  But I wasn't terribly far off my usual pace either.  That was surprising.  Ran the course for a warm up and again for a cool down.  12 total.

Be safe. Be kind.

Mike E

MM #5615

do you think 9:20 is reasonable giving this mostly flat long run?  I was shooting for at least 6 marathon pace miles starting from mile 9 - had one definitely too fast in there, but have to say I feel strong after this run right now!!

I think 9:20 is absolutely doable.  In fact, I think you might be selling yourself a little short.  I would say to go out in 9:20 until 13, then pick it up a little and see how it feels.  You should feel strong after that run!

Marathon Maniac #957

Deez - I agree with Mike that you are likely selling yourself short.  If you can do a 17-mle training run at a 9:25 ave. pace, I would bet your MP is faster than you think.  Me, I would probably go for 9:10 MP, given this, but everyone is different.

Jay - I hope you get your newspaper time.

TomWhite - I admit I am afraid to check out your link.....

SteveP - the mailman?

CNYrunner - I love hearing about your runs - you are amazing!

11 miles this morning in steady snowfall, 26 degrees and wind.  I tried to pick a hilly route since I have done so much TM running lately.  The snow wasn't deep in the roads, but enough to give me an extra workout.  Got back to the house, peeled off some layers and ran 2 more miles on the TM to make 13 miles total for the day.

Question for the techies here.  As I said, I will be getting a smart phone this week.  This will mean keeping my same number but switching carriers and of course types of phones.  Is there any way to save my list of contacts?  Or will I just need to write them all down and re-enter them into my new phone?  I'm pretty sure my current SIMS card will not fit into the new phone.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Deezie - I agree with mike and holly too and think you will too if you can run your upcoming 10 and 20 milers and half on your own, concentrating on a strong steady sub-9:10 pace as per holly.  Unfortunately, Boston is probably too crowded, raucous and joyous for competitive pacing back with the regular runners so maybe sign up for Tammy’s Avenue in May or something else more consistent with the Holly pace, if not more.  Good luck.
                          ps steve: fantastic tunnel.  Maybe noah can do one too

make it a little longer and maybe mike'll run through it.
                          no wonder winter can be so much fun.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

NHLA

16 miles  2 hrs 29 min  perfect day.  Snow storm predicted for race this weekend.

Mariposai

Denise, look at you sistahhhh!!! Those are impressive paces for a long run! I agree with Mike. Your pace will surprise you come marathon day!

Taperboy, another odd number race for you! Impressive!

Well, my goal of running every day for the first 50 days of 2014 is gone with the wind with only 10 days to go, thanks to the bad chest viral infection I came down with since Friday. I ran a few miles on Friday and a few miles yesterday, but not today .

Well, back to taking yet, another nap.

At least the sun was shining for part of the afternoon .

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

Evening everyone. Good to see everyone is well. 6 or7K this morning. Felt a little tired out there but I was out running! Have a great night everyone.

Recent Best times: None recently