Masters Running

Nutritional tracking websites? (Read 219 times)

btb1490

I know it's been discussed here before and there is probably a group here somewhere on RA that has the info I'm looking for, but being too lazy to search, I'll just ask you guys. What websites are available for keeping track of your diet and nutritional information? Amy's mom needs to keep track of and record everything Amy eats, and I thought one of those websites might help her. Thank you! Smile

Maniac 505

Bob: it's not a web site, buy you might try this http://www.dietpower.com/ Dave

King of PhotoShop

I'll ask the Saint to post tonight. She uses one and swears by it (or at it). Spareribs

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

I like to use www.calorie-count.com. It is pretty easy to use and breaks it all down for you too. {{{{Amy}}} ~Mary

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
          It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com

#artbydmcbride

Runners run

dg.

I like www.sparkpeople.com
              me too. (hi Ilene!) I started using it specifically to monitor proportions of carbs, proteins, fats. might be handy. {{{{{ Amy }}}}}
              spacityrunner

I use sparkpeople now, used to use fitday.com Both sites are good.... Hugs to Amy and her family

Trails Rock!

I have nothing to contribute except that I like the name "sparkpeople." And that I still have my tonsils, despite sore throats and earaches as a kid. The theory was then not to take them out, according to the doctors. If Amy has to have hers out, and it is allowed, then I think it only fitting and proper that we here figure out a way to be sure she has her favorite flavour of ice cream waiting for her when she's ready for it. Who's nearby the hospital who will volunteer to do an Emack's or JP Licks run? grins, A
                  Masters 2000 miles
                  TheSaint

Bob, I use CalorieKing. Their web site is calorieking.com. They have 2 versions, one is online that you pay a monthly fee for, but can access from any computer. The other version is a downloadable one that you pay one time for, but on one computer only(that's th one I have). Sparkpeople is a free site, but I found CalorieKing much easier to navigate and get started on with no real learning curve. Just my two cents.
                    btb1490

Thanks everyone for your help! I'll pass all this info on. Whatever Amy's mom chooses will be a big help I'm sure.

Marathon Maniac #957

Another vote for sparkpeople.com - very easy to use, clear format. You can also add additional nutrients you want it to track, and input foods that are not listed.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

I agree with the Saint's observations on Calorieking. It's been very easy to use, and it has an extensive list of brand name and common restaurant foods. I think it costs me $29/year, and it has been well worth it.

Sue Running is a mental sport...and we're all insane! Anonymous

http://www.my-calorie-counter.com/calorie_counter.asp This one is very easy to use, it's free, and I like it better than sparkpeople.
                            Personal Records 5K - 21:35