Masters Running

Race Reports for the April 6 & 7 weekend (Read 10 times)

Mariposai

Wishing our intrepid racers good luck.

We are looking forward to reading your race reports.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

spinach

I got in a 5 mile race this morning. This gets me 205 consecutive months with a race.The race was Spirit of White Bear Lake in Minnesota.

It was a good race for old people, I finished third with 34:49, but I finished second for the 60-69 years age group. The winner was 60 with a time of 31:46. Quite impressive. The weather was okay, although we had a lot of fog around the lake. We were fortunate that the rain had pretty much stopped for the race, It was pouring when I drove down to the race and pouring again leaving the race but the race was fairly dry.

Good job!  I waited until the last minute & signed up early this morning for the county Senior Olympics track meet.  Last year was my first year for the event and did 2 races, 1500m & 800m.  This year I was focused on the 1500m but knew I would be slower because I haven't done any speedwork since November when I got injured.  Hopefully, that will be solved soon.  In the meantime, Coach Neely & I decided to leave this race on my calendar and I'm glad I went!  A guy in his early 70's left me in his dust but I came in 2nd OA and won my AG.  My time was respectable, 7:21, (we are at 4200 ft) but I know if I'm healthy next year I can go sub-7 like last year.  Lungs were on fire!  HR hit 174 so you know I gave it everything. Last year my HR hit 173.  Thanks for reading.

"I didn’t run a race until I was 41 and that was a marathon! Let that sink in for a minute." -me