Masters Running

Thursday Goal Thread (Read 270 times)

Marathon Maniac #957

Hey, I just had to post that I actually made my goal of losing 1 lb. this week.  Might just be water weight, but I'll take it. 

New goal - to lose 1 lb next week.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

My goal--get rid of the 3-4 lbs iI managed to gain on a 2-1/2 day trip.  191 this morning after being at 186 after Sunday's run.  I know that math dosn't quite match up, but Sunday was hot.  A Huge (and delicious) Mexican dinner and about a 2lb chicken parm sub (they forced me to eat the whole thing) really did me in.  better this week, I hope, no travel.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

Renee the dog

Despite the endless partying going on 'round here lately, I'm down another 0.2 to 126.8.  I'm rounding down to 126.  WHOOOO HOOO!!

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!

I was actually pleasantly surprised at the reading of 142.3, especially considering the amounts of food consumed over the weekend.  Unfortunately, I found out where the chocolate cake came from on Saturday.  It's readily available for purchase at any time.  Dang it!

I declared to myself that starting this past Monday I was going to really watch what I ate to try and get rid of my belly pouch.  In honor of that, I've had a Snicker bar (almond, no less!) yesterday, today for lunch was Vietnamese food at a new place (YUM!), and after work it'll be movie popcorn while I watch "Harry Potter."  So much for declarations . . .

Leslie
          Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
          -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

SteveP

Ugh...211 still

SteveP

Prince of Fatness

167.  Down another half pound.

Not at it at all. 

Tramps

I started tracking weight daily and entering it in my old David Hayes excel running log.  It does a nice job of smoothing out the numbers and giving you a "true" weight, so that's the number I'm using.

158.9  which is down 1.1 pounds this week. 

Be safe. Be kind.

I sweat like a _______ ... I lost 9 lbs running this am [217 start 208.4 finish] ... drank 40o oz of water while running.  [90% humidity but only 63 at the start at 5:15am] ... the problem is that I will be back to 214 by this evening.

Long term goal ... be sub 210 when I wake on race day in Oct.

2012= under-goaled

Prince of Fatness

I started tracking weight daily and entering it in my old David Hayes excel running log.  It does a nice job of smoothing out the numbers and giving you a "true" weight, so that's the number I'm using.

158.9  which is down 1.1 pounds this week. 

I weigh myself every Friday and enter it in my log here as a health note.  I have a graph that created that does a pretty good job of showing how my weight is trending over time ......

MTA: Um, yeah, Memorial Day weekend was a food and beer fest.

Not at it at all. 

Marathon Maniac #957

I sweat like a _______ ... I lost 9 lbs running this am [217 start 208.4 finish] ... drank 40o oz of water while running.  [90% humidity but only 63 at the start at 5:15am] ... the problem is that I will be back to 214 by this evening.

I think the key here is to always weigh yourself before running, if you want a more accurate weight.  Otherwise your weight will be all over the map, depending on the conditions outside.

MrPHinNJ - nice job on the weightloss!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

dg.

Way too busy at work today, shouldn't be playing. but Holly, I was just going to suggest that we weigh ourselves after our runs.  Smile   Sunday I was at 115.8, a number I don't remember seeing, well, ever.  (118.4 that morning)   Ookay,  yesterday was 116.6, which I'm relativelyl happy with. 

If we're stating goals, I will guess at 115.  someone mentioned to me once that most people have a 'fighting weight'.  I don't know where mine is.   How do you know??

Tramps... you were asking for suggestions.   I suggest only posting when you like the number.  ;-)

Stevep ...ok, we have a new tradition.   If anyone else shows up next year & is nice to us, maybe we'll let them join us.  what do you think? 

nono,,, yay!  how much does that make overall by now?

and I still say we're all doing well.

Looks like the majority had a good week!

I'm down another pound too to 106.  Right now I'm just focusing on eating right to help my recovery from some of the harder efforts.  I'll  probably only let myself lose another two pounds.  I'm guessing during my taper in several more weeks I'll gain some back so I'm not too worried about losing too much.

Troy Strawberry Festival 10k - 6/7/09 - Goal 46:xx -->46:18!!; Americana 5k - 7/4/09 - Goal 21:xx-->21:12!!; Brookville 5 miler - 7/25/09 - Goal-->34:xx-->36:21; Crim 10 Miler - 8/22/09 - Goal sub-1:15-->1:14:14!!; Alter 5k - 9/5/09 - Goal 20:xx-->20:32; AF Marathon - 9/19/09 - Goal sub-3:38 (PR)--> 3:41 (BQ)
                          TammyinGP

I think I should just stick with not running because I'm down about 3 lbs from what I was marathon time in Seattle a month ago.

Tammy