C-R 82 indoor laps

Holly 9 on the TM

Falcon 10.2 in some chilly winds

evanflein 8.7

Surly Bill 4.1

deez 6

spacity runner 6.2

MikeE 8 on the TM

I got in 3.5 ll seemingly in a headwind. Then met the future daughter in laws mom and sisters for lunch. Went well. I've got today off as school is closed. My wife is a nurse and they never close so will get some work done here at home.

Hope to get out for an interval workout today (following the Hanson's plan for my April marathon)

Tailwinds!

Dave59

Rest day yesterday.

3 on the gym treadmill this morning.

No holiday here.

coastwalker

Mornin' everyone.

Great start to the day, Bioguy! I'm glad your lunch went well yesterday.

Had a good visit with fam. over the weekend. The temp dropped from 57° to 28° on our way there (a little south of Newburgh, NY) on Saturday. My contribution was Dijon & Cognac Beef Stew (for 12), plus a chocolate whiskey cake.

I woke at 3:25 this morning, and figured I could sleep for another 20-30 min before getting up and heading out for a workout. Next I knew, it was 4:45 and I had blown my op. So it goes. Tomorrow's another day.

Have a greta Monday.

Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

Tramps

Glad to see Mike survived the multiple heart attacks he must have had during that Vikings game. 

I'm up to my neck in a project that's supposed to be done by the end of the month, so my participation here's gonna be a little skimpy on the comments for awhile.  But I do read!

Speaking of reading.... I went on Amazon and bought TriBee a bunch of used novels for Christmas, so now I get to read them, too.  I'm well into Eowyn Ivey's The Snow Child and highly recommend it.  It's set in Alaska in the 1920s...a sort of magical realism book, with heavy emphasis on the realism. Very well written, which makes it a pleasure to read. It's been perfect for this cold weather snap.

Speaking of cold weather...about 14F out there this morning, chilly for us.  5 miles.

Have a good MLK Day, whatever you're up to.

Be safe. Be kind.

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Nice work, Bio.  up to Jay's standards.  And welcome back, Jay.  I think I know why you get invited to the family gatherings and why you have so many guests.  Sounds delish!

Not a holiday for me, but judging by the traffic (or lack thereof), it is for a lot of folks.

I like Tet's thought, but as Pittsburgh just painfully learned, there are other teams that might have a say in the matter.  And that was a pretty amazing finish to the Vikings game.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

Thanks, bioguy!  Good job.

3.5 to start the day.  I have 2K to go to break 100K for the Strava/Lulu challenge.  May get out there after work- or maybe not.  1.7 outdoor miles after work to finish up the Strava/Lulu challenge with 101 kms.  It was dark but 40 degrees.  VERY dark- even with headlamp.

Went into the office yesterday to do a few things since I'd been out, one of which was the dreaded "self evaluation" for performance review.  Well, it turns out that my co-lawyer and me didn't do it in time (our boss just asked for it the other day-  none of us are big on this stuff) and it is in our system as an "expired task" and wouldn't let us do it.  So we have to jump through some hoops with HR, I guess, (HR is my client anyway) and get it unlocked.  Ugh.  At least I did the performance review stuff for my staff.

And oh yay!  Got home from work today to find an email telling me my VISA (personal) card was likely compromised-  that is, unless the $1000 plus online Home Depot charge was mine.  That means everything in my life that is linked to that card has to change- again.  And I have the number memorized (too much online shopping, perhaps?)    I suspect the couple of things I bought in the sketchy mall in Ontario, CA when I got stuck there Friday might have led to the compromise.  No telling.

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

mrrun

I like Tet's thought, but as Pittsburgh just painfully learned, there are other teams that might have a say in the matter.  And that was a pretty amazing finish to the Vikings game.

+1 my thoughts exactly.  snow flurries here and going out shortly to run followed by phantom thread in the afternoon

Good morning folks. A busy Monday here already - very nice! Yeah, how about them Vikings?! The Patriots vs the Vikings - IN Minnesota - would be quite a Super Bowl. Did you get to the game yesterday Mike?

We got an inch+ of snow overnight, but the temps really warmed up. It was 16° with no wind and light flurries falling at 5:00 AM. I got 5.8 miles and managed to stay upright even over some very slippery spots. I think that's why I like running early morning in the dark so much. Not so many people around to watch my "don't slip or fall" act

Have a great MLK Day.

...mornin'................heading off for Last PT in a few minutes

......NPR actually posted some'' Good Ways'' to Fall on snow and ice

https://www.npr.org/2018/01/11/577414890/how-to-tumble-with-care-when-it-gets-slippery-outside

...hopefully we won't need 'em

but

good to know

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

mrrun

3 very slow miles on slippery streets - fortunately didn't need the NPR advice

C-R

Tramps reminded me I need to rad more.

WTG Karen - You motivated me to get out in the new 3" of snow. 4.3 miles sliding around but it was a nice temp and very peaceful without much traffic. That gave me 102km in the lululemon challenge. Kinda of glad I did it as it made me get outside and off the treadmill.

Nice fall advice. Not needed today.

Back to work then.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                        "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Henrun

2.4 frozen miles (wind chill 0) after a dusting of snow. Ran mostly on cycling paths and on road and avoided most of the slippery spots.

Had the Vikings game on yesterday but paid little attention to it until the last 2 minutes-fantastic finish.

On my way home. First flight delayed for deiceing. Sprinted off the plane to the my connecting flight's gate. (Call it 100 yards if there is a round up tomorrow. ) Just made the second flight. Now it is delayed for - wait for it - yes deiceing!  Man will I be happy when I get home and am done flying for a bit.

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

[[[[ twocat ]]]............if God meant for us to Fly, he wouldn't have Invented Uber-Driving...........

==========

30s with WindChill..........and windy

..........50-min HH with Hills

and

more Snow tomorrow................didn't dave say he MISSED Snow?????

............good Running to Ya........

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

Today's a "Star Holiday" at work.  We have to have enough staff to keep the office open, so people can choose if they want to work or not.  I always work the star holidays.  Gives me an extra vacation day later on.

I got nuthin' else, except I'm starting to add more weight to my foot.  A tad bit nerve-racking.

The HURT 100 was this past weekend on Oahu, HI.  Runners were told mid-race about the nuclear threat that obviously ended up being a mistake.  I can't even imagine the terror of anybody in the Hawaiian Islands.

Have a great week, friends.  Enjoy ~~

Leslie
                                Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                                -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance