Masters Running

Fri Aug 7 Runs and Workouts (Read 412 times)

Up at 3:15 this morning to get in a 12 miler.  A few degrees makes a hugh difference!  While the humidity was still 88%, the temps were down to 60°F this morning -- it felt wonderful!

12.1 miles, 1:43:42, 8:33/mi, AHR 147 (75% MHR)

miles@pace(AHR) = 5@9:09(136), 2@8:45(142), 5.12@7:55(158)

(still nothing...  it's her first baby -- aren't they usually late?  The due date is 8/11 so we may still have some time)

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

waiting, waiting, waiting...

9.0 miles, 1:27:31, 9:43 pace

We're planning to break out of our comfort zone on Sunday (assuming we're still in town), and do our long run along the C&O canal.  It's dead-flat and shady.  That should be helpful as the temps are supposed to hit 96° on Sunday.  We'll have to get out early, in any case. 

aka Mrs. WillRunForBeer, MD, USA

Marathoning, the triumph of desire over reason

Teresadfp

One day at a time

Good job on running so early! Wow.

Good luck with the waiting!  LOL, our first baby came 13 days early!  Threw us all in a tizzy.  My mom already had airline tickets for a later date, and she had to beg an airline employee to change them for her.

The ironic thing was that the doctor HADN"T predicted the early delivery.  The next two kids, however, she told me were going to be VERY early, so I had to stop work early and take it easy.  Baby #2 was only 6 days early, and baby #3 ended up having to be induced, 6 days late!  These kids have a mind of their own even at the very beginning.

Nice running WRFB and PDR...

I thought I was finished with marathons, but my running partner Terence wants me to train with him for Vancouver in the Spring...ughhh

Still not running as much as I would like to,but I love my job...

Gordon

Looking for a place to Happen, making stops along the way - The Hip

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

Wow - 3:15 Lou!?    That is dedication!!    Both of my girls were a little late, but when the 2nd one decided it was time I barely made it to the hospital.   It was a whirlwind birth to say the least.

Speaking of whirlwind, err woodwinds, my oldest daughter and I went to see this on the waterfront last night and it was wonderful:  American Wind Symphony Orchestra    Such talent and what a way to see the world!

No running today - rest day!!   Have to get ready for camping this weekend .....  and possibly taking same daughter to the hospital for x-rays.   She kind of fell off the curb last night and most likely have a very bad sprain.

TGIF

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
            It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com

Head Procrastinator

Hi everyone, I know I don't post much but I just wanted to say How bout those Yankees?

<running>

~ My Profile~ The avatar is happy BOC wootcats
              Tramps

Good to hear from Gordon and Hally!

Nice running from the Beers.  Must be working out all that anxiety. 

Planned 10, felt dead by 5, managed 8 @ 8:54.  Looking forward to rest day tomorrow.

Have a good weekend.

Be safe. Be kind.

Renee the dog

Five lead-legged miles this morning...yet somehow they wanted to go at a faster pace.  Five miles of fighting with myself to keep it slow and steady.  Blah!

Tomorrow a 5K just for the heck of it.

Have a great weekend everyone!!!

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!

When DW was pregnant with DS about 2 weeks before her due date she got a craving for blueberry pancakes.  So I made the pancakes ... and wouldn't you know DS decided it was time and DW went into labor 2 weeks early.  He was breach so we had a C-Section planned.  So DW never got her Blueberry pancakes.  She still won't let DS live that one down.

Rest day today.  Off to cooler climates later in the day.  LR tomorrow or Sunday along Lake Michigan.

Bill

"Some are the strong, silent type. You can't put your finger on exactly what it is they bring to the table until you run without them and then you realize that their steadiness fills a hole that leaks energy in their absence." - Kristin Armstrong

Off to cooler climates later in the day.  LR tomorrow or Sunday along Lake Michigan.

Welcome Bill! I hope the weather stays cool for you. Predicted forecast for Wisconsin is warm and muggy for the next few days, though probably nothing like what you've been experiencing lately!

Keep us posted, WRFB and PDR - I think tomorrow will be the day.

4 easy miles this morning before the crowds got up, trying to keep my stress and sanity levels on an even keel.

Both of my kids were late. One is now 32 and the other 21, and they're still always late. Some things don't change, do they?!

Enjoy the day everyone.

Exciting baby watch going. August 11 is my anniversary (number 18 this year) so that's a pretty cool date! Of course you want to meet this sweet grand-baby as soon as possible. I know! August 20 is the kiddo's birthday, so August is a pretty wonderful month all around.

All I know was that the kiddo was in a hurry and emerged 4 hours after I finally realized I was in labor. He was a week early and is always early for practice, school, etc. Hmmmm? a pattern.

Today is another day worthy of bottling. Great sleeping (except the interruption when someone was on the deck stealing the tomatoes...SUE!!!) with the windows wide open and burrowed in my quilts. 54º, clear skies, no wind when I left the house at 6:45 am. 10.5 miles with 2x25 minutes at 7:15 pace (5). Whole run in 1:25:13 and tempo patches in 7:14 and 7:17 (monster hill). 

As I turned up my street one of my neighbors was heading out and said: "It is a fine morning indeed Kah-hin (the only one who can pronounce my name correctly). I hope you shall enjoy each minute!"  He is Nigerian and educated in the UK---so he has this gorgeous African-British accent---very proper. He is the most enthusiastic person you could ever meet, but in a formal way. Anyway.....enjoy each minute I shall

...even with Hally showing up to gloat about those Yankees! 

i'm lovin' it... MM#1949

Lou .... I'm much more impressed with the 3:15 am than the 12 miles Smile

CNY... solid running girl!!

10 miles in 1:27:32 (8:45 pace). First 2 mi with Tory and Sadie at 10:02 pace then 8 sproinky miles at 8:26 pace. A few degrees cooler (66) made a hugh difference! No HRM, no shirt, freedom!

Watched "Running the Sahara" yesterday (download). Awesome. Charlie Engle is from Greensboro NC and a real Tarheels fan. I had the pleasure to talk with him and Ray at the Boston Expo in April:

Perch's Profile "I don't know if running adds years to your life, but it definitely adds life to your years." - Jim Fixx "The secret is to make in your mind possible what was not possible before. The secret is to make easy what was difficult, instead to make difficult what really is easy." - Coach Renato Canova

spacityrunner

Posting last nights run today...4 in 48 for 11:30 m/m at 8:30 last night.  Just didn't want to have to get up this morning so did it last night.  Bug fest out there at the beginning, but most had disapperared by the end.

Hope to go for a swim after work.

Good runs and good day all

Trails Rock!

Mariposai

4 easy while the moon was still up and gorgeous.

2 big raccoons crossed the road just infront of me, they were trying to get to the creek. Cool sighting. They were huge. I never thought they could get that big.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

Marathon Maniac #957

Good morning!

{{{Mary's DD}}}

Perch - nice photo!

I went to the gym with my SIL this morning (my MIL lent me her gym card and spin shoes) and tried my first ever spin class - ver y kewl!  That and some upper body machines which I will probably feel tomorrow.  Off to see the new Harry Potter movie and then dinner at my SIL's house before we head back home tomorrow.

Happy Friday! 

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."