Masters Running

Mondaily, 7.30.18 (Read 36 times)

coastwalker

Mornin' everyone.

Those fires are consuming in so many ways. I'm glad Tammy is safe so far, and am amazed that she can be focused enough to help with the animals. Thanks for a coupe 'a positive stories, Fatozzig.

Sunday’s workouts:

RunnerKSA: 3.3 miles with geese poop.
    Pfriese: 8 hot, sunny miles at moderate pace.
    Anneb: 5 miles for a 43-mile week.
    Jlynne: couple ‘a walk miles + 18 holes with DH.
    Henrun: 3.5 rapid miles back home from DC.
    Quickadder: 8.7 early trail miles with DD.
    Deeze: 6.2 sunny/hot Maine miles.
    Tomwhite: 40 min on the elliptical.
    Dave: 3.2 morning miles with step pep.
    Falconfixer: 7.08 running/walking morning miles + 18.7 afternoon bike miles with train delay.
    Fatozzig: 30 min. glute & core work.
    Mike: 6 post-church miles.
    Evanflein: 13.2 sproinkless miles.
    Steve: 4 early miles with Tag.

Back to the office and projects today - it's going to be an uphill climb all the way.

6.5 early RW miles in 63° temps, and under an 13/15th moon still high in the predawn sky. A young deer by the side of the road stared at me till I got within about 15 ft. Then it scampered another 20 ft or so away and stopped and stared again - cute. It's only late July, but I'm back to wearing my headlamp on my workouts to ensure that I'll be seen by any vehicles along the way.

Have a greta Monday.

Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

mrrun

Happy Birthday Jeanne - have a blast!

We biked a couple of miles then Henrun's brakes bit the dust, so ended ride early.  Hopefully a longer ride for me later as we have one day left with low humidity.

Have a great day everyone!

((hurts, those dealing with fires, those dealing with any other issues))

marj

Happy Birthday, Jeanne.

Love the pictures, Steve.

4 miles to start the week-  I haven't done a pre-work 4 in ages and it was hard.  Butt/hamstring quite tight to start but got a lot better.  Gotta rush now since that took longer than planned.   Have a greta start to the week, y'all.

1.5 treadmill miles after work to loosen up the butt and hamstring after sitting too much.

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

Tramps

Lots of does with fawns (some still with spots) around here, too, Jay. They definitely move this time of year.

Usual 5 miles.

ETA: Almost missed it: Happy birthday, Jeanne!

Be safe. Be kind.

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Happy Birthday Jeanne - have a blast!

We biked a couple of miles then Henrun's brakes bit the dust, so ended ride early.  Hopefully a longer ride for me later as we have one day left with low humidity.

Have a great day everyone!

((hurts, those dealing with fires, those dealing with any other issues))

marj

Figured it would be the other way around if you couldn't stop. 

Made it out for 2.2 miles yesterday.  then I squeezed in a couple hours of striper fishing (aka drowning bait) between a trip to the transfer station and building a new railing up to the deck at the camp.  95 yo FIL will be coming for his summer sojourn and he is a lot less stable this year. Camp is looking like an ADA ad--grab bars in the bathroom, at the front door, moving bed around for more space, etc.  oh well, in not as many years as we would like, we'll probably appreciate those touches, too.  

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

Henrun

After the failed bike ride went out for a 2 mile run. Enjoying the relative low humidity today. Much walking later.

Meant to add-  (Holly will appreciate this)   Was feeling a strong need for a bathroom stop at about 2 1/2 miles this morning and was going to be able to make it to a "regular" spot which has some trees but isn't on anyone's property.  Uh oh- there was a woman walking a dog right there, so I had to keep going.  Made it another block and that was the limit.  I ducked into a narrow side yard between houses and hoped no one would come driving or walking by.  Up the street all of a sudden was a woman with a dog who could clearly see what was going on.  I finished up and bolted out of there in the opposite direction.  I hope I don't see anything on Next Door about it- or on anyone's video cameras!  I won't be running that route for a while.

pfriese

Another early morning thundershower with subsequent lower temperatures made for a nice 8 mile run with intervals this morning. Hopefully the cool weather will last a few days.

Paul

anneb

Nice and easy 4.6 miles around the 'hood - a good night's sleep and the lower temp (62) meant my HR was nice and low too...

Back to the real world (the office)...

Anne

Marathon Maniac #957

KSA -    Oh, I know the feeling....

Jlynne - Happy Birthday!

4 miles for me this morning.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Jeanne - Happy Birthday!!!!

KSA - Too funny!   BTW - Do you sit on a heating pad for a few minutes before you go out the door?  It helps in the Loosening Things Up Department.

I had a weird trail running dream last night that included my grandma who died about 25 years ago, her forgetting to give me my running shoes, me forgetting my headlamp and having to go back to that aid station where my grandma was and having to maneuver through a bunch of stadium bleachers.  Weird, I tell ya, really weird.

45 min of core/ST this morning with focus on the hips, hammies, and glutes.  It's taking time, but things are improving.  Ends up the "knot" in my butt I tried to roll out Saturday wasn't a knot.  Another thing I'm putting on my list to talk to the sports doc about: Why does rolling "here" cause pain "here"?

Okay - It's Monday and there's LOTS to do.  Enjoy the week, friends ~~

Leslie
                        Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                        -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

SPUNKY57

Spunky57

Hi Friends! 5 miles after work. We are in Bible School every evening this week! 120 kids and 46 adult staff! We feed them a meal so it take a lot of helpers. Fun week, but full time job too, so it'll be challenging to get my workouts in.

CW - What a fun experience with the moon and deer. Yes the days are shorter, leaves are already falling and my mums are budding.

MRRUN - Love bike rides. I'm doing a 15 mile race the 8th of September.

TRAMPS - Hello!

STUMPY - Good of you to take care of FIL needs!

HENRUN - You must have been with MRRUN!

RUNKSA -

FRIESE - Be careful of the lightning. Good job getting the 8 miles in.

ANNEB - Congrats on the low HR. Good job on the run!

HOLLY - Good job on the 4 miles. One of my running partners has to stop on every single outing. Smile

FATZIG - Good luck getting rid of the butt pain!!

God bless All! Spunky!

....Happy B'Day jylnne........

Purple Dancing Banana emoticon (Banana Emoticons)

=========

.......92-degrees, no breeze

70-min HH at soccer fields 3-3s

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

I don't do the heating pad because I'm usually scrambling to get out in time to do my miles before work.  It sounds like a good idea, though.

I don't do the heating pad because I'm usually scrambling to get out in time to do my miles before work.  It sounds like a good idea, though.

If you can try and sit on it for about 5 min or so, it helps.  I also power walk for 5 min before I start running to ensure everything's good and loose and warmed up.  And I count the walking as part of miles! 

Leslie
                                Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                                -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance