RunnerKSA (3.1 sunny morning miles)
    Sees-the-Ground (6 miles at 11:35 pace)
    Holly (5.3 morning miles in 55° temps)
    Tet (Heidi’s morning spin class)
    Twocat (1 hr of gym work)
    Mike (6 night time miles)
    Dave59 (1 TM mile + weights at the gym)
    Evanflein (7.4 miles at 8:30 pace)

Relatively quiet workout day here yesterday. Resting up for the weekend?

Dave59, isn’t everyone a problem-solver of one sort or another at their jobs? And I suspect that you solve a heck of a lot more problems than not.

I hope the massage more than made up for Mr’s dental bill, Fatozzig.

Funny description of a too-common toenail issue, Holly.

David’s gonna need a bigger trophy/plaque wall, Tammy.

Congrats on the successful conference, Twocat.

Congrats on the longer/better run, Evanflein.

I had a very good and productive meeting yesterday morning. After the meeting, at which I discussed our upcoming workshops for property owners about flooding issues, someone came up and gave us $500 toward the workshops - wow!  I did, without guilt, blow off last evening's meeting (I can watch the replay later on the Town website). I also spoke with my sister yesterday for the first time in about 15 years. We had a feud going. We've gotten over it. We had a good chat. Today, I'm having lunch with a friend who's wife died in March. I hope he's OK, and that I can cheer him up a bit if needed.

6.9 quick RW miles this morning in 55° temps. Nice.

Have a greta Friday!

Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

That's wonderful that you talked to your sister and patched things up, Jay. You won't have regrets.

3.2 miles.  Butt didn't do as well today.  I wasn't really comfortable on the dinner chair last night at my business dinner.  That can really set it back.

Happy Friday to all!  We get released at 2 today, whatever that means for me....

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

Dave59

Thanks for the very nice kick-off CoastWalker.

I got in my hoped for 8 miles before work this morning. 62° (4 degrees cooler than last Friday), less humid, and over 14 minutes quicker. Last week I was wondering what the point of it all was if I just keep struggling and getting slower, but this week brings back some hope.

Tramps

Jay--always a good thing to get over a feud. I thought of you when I read about Houston rebuilding in the floodplain. Oy!

Good for you, Dave.

Tet--cool that you're back on the bike.  And, yes, Caps are underdogs according to the oddsmakers.

Your workplace tales always make me appreciative of being self-employed.  The boss is a jerk sometimes but other than that...

Where is Aamos these days?  Last thing I remember was suffering through a hurricane (?) in Florida or something. But that was years ago.

Usual 5 miles on a bright sunny morning.

Have a great weekend.

Be safe. Be kind.

Quickadder

5.7 daybreak miles in the usual steamy conditions.

Watching the weather forecast for the weekend to see if I am going to have to contend with the outer bands of a tropical storm that currently is projected to go about 200 miles east of here.

Started running at age 60.

AG 60-64 PR - 5K 25:45, 10K 53:28, HM 1:57:39, Marathon 4:32:09

AG 65-69 PR - 5K 26:11, HM 2:02:39, Marathon 5:04:47

TammyinGP

I did get in a 4 mile run last night after work, but guess I didn't come back to mention it. May run a few at home tonight also. I have a long run on tap for tomorrow - down near Ashland on the Pacific Crest Trail. Planning for 20.  Should have some great views from this area. Well, all views up in the mountains are pretty good though.

Tammy

. . . down near Ashland on the Pacific Crest Trail. 

Sweet!!

4 EZ miles this a.m., followed by about 30 min of core/hip stuff with the Running Rewired videos.  I am so not as strong in my core/hips/glutes as I thought I was. 

Tuesday I dropped my Garmin (not the first time) and didn't pay much attention to it.  This morning I realized the face is cracked.  Waaaaaa!!  Gonna have to send it in for repairs 'cause just on an EZ 4 mile run with lots of foggy/drippiness, moisture built up under the face.  Dang it!  OR, do I spend $$ on a new one??  It's only about 4 yrs old.  It'll depend on how much it's going to cost to get it repaired.

Have a great Friday ~~

Leslie
                Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Marathon Maniac #957

Jay - very cool that you patched things up with your sister.

Dave - I still have one more of those Charlevoix deodorants.  I was wondering if anyone else had any left.

3.3 miles for me this morning in 72 degrees, followed by about 30 minutes of weights and core.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

spacityrunner

4 years old is ancient for electronics   get a new one!!!!  Your welcome 

It's only about 4 yrs old.  It'll depend on how much it's going to cost to get it repaired.

2.7 morning miles around the neighborhood.  Hot and humid already...but next week we will hit over 100f if the weather app is right and for June that is just wrong wrong wrong!  Found a bank card in the middle of the road while on my run...got home and did some sleuthing and a bit of a hilly walk to my neighbors and returned said card.  She was grateful...said he was headed to the bank...oh what a surprise when he got there.  Meeting up with friends for lunch later today....oh retirement is delightful!!!

Trails Rock!

I looked at news for about a micro-second.   I'll probably just get a refurbished 310XT that I found for $89.  Garmin doesn't have the parts to fix mine.  They offered a 20% trade discount on a couple of new ones that fit my requirements, but holy crap they're expensive!  Considering we just spent $$$$ on Mr.'s dental bill, a new Garmin is just not in the picture for now.

Leslie
                      -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

Dave59

I looked at news for about a micro-second.   I'll probably just get a refurbished 310XT that I found for $89.  Garmin doesn't have the parts to fix mine.  They offered a 20% trade discount on a couple of new ones that fit my requirements, but holy crap they're expensive!  Considering we just spent $$$$ on Mr.'s dental bill, a new Garmin is just not in the picture for now.

You have your priorities mixed up if a cat's dental health comes before a new running gadget.   Of course, you didn't know at the time of the dental work that you would need a new Garmin.

You have your priorities mixed up if a cat's dental health comes before a new running gadget.   Of course, you didn't know at the time of the dental work that you would need a new Garmin.

Truth!! He's 5 teeth light in the mouth (2 permanent and 3 baby) and we're almost $500 lighter in the wallet.  Just a little less than $100 a tooth.  He did appear to be on good drugs throughout the rest of the day/evening, so it was probably worth it to him.  I coulda used some of the drugs after I saw the bill.

Leslie
                          -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

coastwalker after all these years you and your sister made up. Truly remarkable.

fatozzig I had the same Garmin you do (did?) until last fall when it just died. As in dead, dead, dead. I got a new model. Huge improvement! Maybe see if you can find a model one generation back rather than just replace what you had?

I spent an hour on the elliptical this morning. Then did some cross training by sawing apart a tree branch that had fallen in our fence. Lobsters are back in season and on sale. So that is what is for dinner tonight, cheap lobsters!

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Congratulations on your sis, jay.

Ours went from 1978-2005 but took the last 12 years to fade away enough to allow us to have a regular long distance telephone calls every week. It helped a lot that the Mayo Clinic finally figured out the right match of meds to bring her back to us. I hope yours is close enough not to have to rely on phone catch-ups. good luck.

4 years old is ancient for electronics   get a new one!!!!  Your welcome x

whew, I'd never heard of a watch referred to as "electronics" and got panicked that my 12-yo IBM laptop that keeps telling me there insufficient disc space might be getting too old too. With three keys missing, I'm almost too embarrassed to take it in for a new keyboard, . . . if they even make them anymore.  However, for some reason, they never think it's too old, after all, when they find out I have aol e-mail.  Though I'm sure they call it "stupid," it's kind of getting to be a kind of a badge or honor like having a low five-digit REI number, professional license or having a 50-yo leather Brooks saddle that's been passed along from bike-to-bike still being comfortable for a 75-yo bod.

tammy - turn around and run up this way sometime!

leslie - not anymore, unfortunately, but, at less than $100/tooth, would their dentist accept someone who used to be called an "animal" for daring (ed note: reckless/dangerous) descents in certain trail races?

ps - aamos and I were neck-and-neck goin' for 200 marathons a couple of years ago before she went on sabbatical to teach in Mississippi for a while but her Marathon Maniac total stops at 170 in 2016.  Almost all are AG podiums, even in some of the mega-marathons.  Hope everything is okay and, as I've been gettin' away with all my life,  she didn't get picked-up for picking fruit from neighbors who let the branches hang out over the sidewalk.

pps - GO CAPS!

(when's the first game?)

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

RCG

Rose Colored Glasses

2.7 morning miles around the neighborhood.  Hot and humid already...but next week we will hit over 100f if the weather app is right and for June that is just wrong wrong wrong!  Found a bank card in the middle of the road while on my run...got home and did some sleuthing and a bit of a hilly walk to my neighbors and returned said card.  She was grateful...said he was headed to the bank...oh what a surprise when he got there.  Meeting up with friends for lunch later today....oh retirement is delightful!!!

"Anytime you see the word "inflation" in the news, replace it with "record-breaking corporate profits" and you'll get what's happening."