Masters Running

2's-Day, AUGUST 12 Runs and such (Read 455 times)

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

Wow, Do I get to start us off? I wish I could bottle this morning. I was up earlier than usual with B'Nellie, so just stayed up and left the house at 4:55 a.m. The sky was simply stunning and it is mornings like this that I wish I knew more about astrology. 51 cool degrees - no wind - NO humidity. 4 slow recovery miles at 10:53 pace - 153 Avg. HR. (Yeah!) 10:56 / 150 10:43 / 154 10:45 / 159 11:08 / 158 Happy 2s'Day!!

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
    It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com

Marathon Maniac #957

Good Morning! Nice start, Mary. Lovely crisp morning here, 54 degrees, just about my favorite running temperature. I started with a quarter-mile walking warm-up, then 5.25 miles at a recovery pace, with a stop for some stretching and a short walking break at about 3 miles. I can hardly believe how hard 5 miles seems – I feel so out of shape, but I know it will come back, and I’m just so grateful and happy to be out there running at all. More stretching and icing, and no aftereffects to be felt. Sweet. Last night I took the kids on a bike ride to their new schools, where their teacher assignments were posted on the doors (school starts 8/22). DS was wary about biking the hills in our neighborhood, but I assured him that we would circle around and miss the biggest hill. Of course I ended up missing the turn and getting slightly lost, and we had quite a hilly ride after all. Big grin Then we discovered and explored a beautiful old cemetery perched on the top of some hills, where we wandered around reading centuries-old gravestones. Having only lived here for 2 months, we are really enjoying exploring our new town. May you all discover something new and fun in your town this week. Smile

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Marathon Maniac #3309

Sweet run Mary Smile It's been unseasonably cool here and it does make running a lot better and comfortable, but will get H&H again soon I am sure. Wow Holly...5 miles. I know that seem harder right now, but you already have a strong base, and your return will be easier than you think right now, once you can run more consistently...great job Holly Smile Sounds like you had a eventful / fun ride too.... Sometimes those kinda rides are the best 8.3 easy miles for me in a lot cooler temps also (heel behaved again). Funny story last night on my run. As I reached my 5 mile mark, I turned onto a road that leads me back home. I noticed a runner about a 1/2 mile in front of me...which is unusual. The closer I got it looked like a woman so I tried to quickly catch her so I could at least say hi or something. The closer I got I noticed a nice thin girlish figure with long flowing hair. I then caught and got beside 'her" and when I looked over it was actually a dude Embarrassed I just said hi and quickly fled off into the distance.....brother did I feel like a fool Big grin....did I just admit that Roll eyes Hey, what about those Olympics and the womens sand volleyball team......in bikini's Shocked Well, need to get to doing some paper work. Have a great day all!!! Tim

Running has given me the courage to start, the determination to keep trying, and the childlike spirit to have fun along the way - Run often and run long, but never outrun your Joy of running!

busiman

Running out of mistakes!

Isn't it great when it starts getting cooler in the mornings? It was perfect running weather this morning here too (upper 50s/low 60s). I was going to do track intervals, but ended up running hill repeats with the club. Although it was a short and steep hill, thirteen times up was a good workout. It definitely woke me up for the day! Sacrificing some sleep, I really enjoyed watching Phelps and Coughlin win gold with amazing performances last night (our time). Enjoy the day! Craig
          -2009 running goals - sub-3 after Boston (probably VCM), 3 PRs, 2009 miles for the year, and no untreated injuries
          also on Twitter
          stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Good morning all, A beautiful running morning today. 61 at 5:15am, but boy, it’s dark already and it doesn’t seem like we should be anywhere near fall yet. Just a very slow run today 3.2 in just over 30 minutes for a couple of reasons. I have a 5K on Thursday and my left hammy is twinging me. I’m sincerely hoping that the two do not become mutually exclusive, as this is one of those corporate road races and I was the one that organized the team for our company. And as I’ll have to drive a couple of hours from Maine in order to pick up everyone’s race stuff, I’d much prefer to run it and not walk it. This is the first year that I’ve actually asked for running stuff for my birthday. DW said “no, what you really want is tickets to Cirque de Soleil for when we’re down in Disney this fall”. so I’m curious to see what the birthday bunny might bring today. Wink Kevin

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

Marathon Maniac #3309

Sacrificing some sleep, I really enjoyed watching Phelps and Coughlin win gold with amazing performances last night
              Same here....but you left out the wimmins volleyball Big grin Tim

Running has given me the courage to start, the determination to keep trying, and the childlike spirit to have fun along the way - Run often and run long, but never outrun your Joy of running!

Happy Birthday Kevin....you are a sly one... Rest day today...
                Looking for a place to Happen, making stops along the way - The Hip

Renee the dog

Stumpy77, Hope you get both for your birthday! Out for 5 mi this morning -- glad it was cooler as I had to set the alarm later due to late night Olympic watching. What a night last night! You have to be some sort of crazy to be a men's gymnast. And, Phelps is a machine, isn't he? Thoughts during today's run: I love the irony of a free market economy...Junk food companies sponsor the Olympics--"Yeah, let's spend our money supporting the thin, fit people. It'll drive more of the unfit, fat people to buy more of our stuff." LOVE it. The crazy balance of life that it represents. Tim, I love seeing fit women playing sports. I like seeing fit men even more Wink and wish the men playing volleyball were playing in those boy short swim trunks that the international men seem to be wearing to the beach and pool lately.

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!

Good morning, all! Mary - sounds like IRC to me. Hugs to Nellie! TomS - good luck with the Crim! Yeah, Holly's running again! Kevin - happy birthday!!! {{{{{{{{{{{{Denise}}}}}}}}}} thoughts and prayers for favorable biopsy results. 7.28 sproinky miles this morning @9:38 pace and 157 Average HR. It looked like it was going to storm, but I wasn't up to another treadmill run this week, so I said weather be da--ed and hit the road. Twocat - nice 15 miler - good luck with the speed work. Has your wife agreed to do the weekend race yet?? The Olympics have been pretty amazing so far. Well maybe except for the men's performance on the pommel horse. I guess it's amazing that they still managed to medal in spite of that less than stellar performance. I couldn't stay awake past 9 last night, but I did see Coughlin get her medal during the early coverage this morning. Good runs to all!!

Sue Running is a mental sport...and we're all insane! Anonymous

dg.

good morning! Mary, it is a perfect morning isn't it. Nice HR! How is B'Nellie? Holly, that's a lot of progress. I hope there are no twinges later. Happy Birthday Kevin! Sue, I'm glad the fax worked. Smile the Olympics are a lot of work. I got up at 4:30 & saw men's gymnastics, so i had to run all over the house to find a tape I could use. Roll eyes At the track again today, which feels ridiculous in this weather, but i still shouldn't do hills. I'm so grateful for the river path on the weekends. 4:06 miles, ahr 166, max 183. average pace 9:42, which is I think my best ever, max was 7:38. And my first mile under 9! Big grin. barely under, but under. 10:36 152 9:48 166 9:12 176 8:58 172 great runs & everythings.

i'm lovin' it... MM#1949

So glad ya'll are enjoying the IRC this morning! Here too! I couldn't stay up for the swimming but I did see the 4x100m relay live the night before and ya know.. it seems like these other WR races are "ho hum" compared to that relay. Don't think anything will top it so I don't mind missing the live events now. I changed my scehdule to match the weather and ran early and long this morning. 57F with 57% humidity was amazing! 15 miles of hills in 2:05:04 (8:20 pace, AHR 153, max 167 on the BIG hill). First 2 miles with Tory at 9:23 pace then 13 miles at 8:12 with 300ft of climb miles 6-8. Flew home with the last 4 miles averaging 7:38 Felt gr8!

Perch's Profile "I don't know if running adds years to your life, but it definitely adds life to your years." - Jim Fixx "The secret is to make in your mind possible what was not possible before. The secret is to make easy what was difficult, instead to make difficult what really is easy." - Coach Renato Canova

Rain, speedplay and cool down makes for 4 total miles. Temp 62 degrees Smile Later 400 meters swim at the pool. Pool temp 84 Smile
                          Tramps

I’m with the rest of you…unseasonably cool temps continue (60F) making for IRC. 10.1 miles total; 5.1 easy (8:34) with 5 tempo in the middle (7:34 / 151 /81%). Run felt easy. I’m a happy camper in cool dry weather. Don’t get me wrong, you’ll never hear me complaining about women in bikinis, but I actually think it’s sad that the women’s volleyball players wear bikinis (complete with corporate logo tattoos) but the men play perfectly well in basketball-type shorts, and even tank tops or T-shirts. What's up with that? You’d think we’d be beyond that sort of thing.

Be safe. Be kind.

i'm lovin' it... MM#1949

You’d think Big grin

Perch's Profile "I don't know if running adds years to your life, but it definitely adds life to your years." - Jim Fixx "The secret is to make in your mind possible what was not possible before. The secret is to make easy what was difficult, instead to make difficult what really is easy." - Coach Renato Canova

DickyG

Zipped through some of my recorded Olympic coverage and saw they were shooting arrows at targets...didn't we used to do that at camp? I should have paid more attention. It would spice up the competition a little if instead of shooting at targets, they shot at each other...last man standing wins the medal. Ribs: Good to see you're getting out and walking...how do you feel? Denise: All the best on your upcoming biopsy. Peter: Welcome back...actually, the few times I've had jury duty weren't all that bad...Federal Grand jury is the most interesting...lots of drug cases. Twocat: Huge run! Father Time's quaking in his boots... Kevin: Good luck with your 5K Thursday...your hammie too? That makes about 4-5 group members who have had that problem recently...must be contagious. Queen Pam saw Cirque de Soleil in NYC last year...said the show is unreal. TimBo: I have all the beach vball DVR'd. For a small fee..... dg: Killer run...you've made great progress. Perch: Wow! I mean...wow! Tramps: We're NEVER beyond that sort of thing.. Continuing to improve my times & stamina...did 4.1 miles on a very hilly course...37:27 (9:09 pace)...fastest post-injury time on this course by 32 seconds. Walking a LOT less. I should be ready for our local 10K in October...my arch enemy Jim DeHart (who wears a bikini when he plays beach vollyball) better watch out. DickyG