Masters Running

Thursday - 4/5/2018 (Read 40 times)

Dave59

I'm going to start typing this with full knowledge that by the time I finish, someone else will have started the daily..

RunnerKSA - 2.5 treadmill miles before flying. (I hope your arms don't get tired.)

Coastwalker - 6.8 RW miles

Tramps - 5 rule breaking miles in the rain

Fatozzig - bike/core/st and pictures of men in dresses

StarrRuns - cleaning the basement while it snows outside

Twocat - half hour at the gym (if you keep posting about that relay I may check my September calendar)

Holly S. - 3 miles, and hanging with monkeys before coming home

Anzlo  - 2 recovery miles

Surly Bill - 6.2 circular miles

TammyinGP - boring drive, injury conundrum

wildchild - 6 miles

spacityrunner - 4 mountain miles

Mike E. - 12 miles with 10 at tempo

C-R - Runner club run

tetsujin209 - 5 miles, maybe, I am not sure I read that right

Falconfixer  7.25

Mariposai -  4 smiling miles

I ran 3 easy this morning. I was feeling much better.

After the talk about Sketcher's Go Run Road Ultra 2, I picked up a pair and tried them today. They feel different than anything I've worn before, but different in a good way. I think I like them.

Hey - no one posted while I was typing.  It's a miracle.

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Looks like you made, it Dave.

I think I'm officially tired of winter.  Just could not get the ambition going to go full cold weather gear at 28° with 20+mph breezes.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

My arms are VERY tired from flying to Phoenix.  Yesterday was exhausting but we survived.  Ran this morning from the very confusing Scottsdale Princess. We are in some casita buildings in the back, and I messed up just trying to get out on the main road.  Did find my way to a huge sports complex (ball fields etc) with run/walk paths all over the place.  They are concrete, which isn’t ideal, but there are nice bathrooms and fountains.   6.2 miles done.  It is so dry that I could hardly swallow.   Took the requisite cactus picture.

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

KSA and Dave59; where are you buying your ultraroad-2s? I've never seen them in a store other than the clearance outlet. I ordered my first pair online from a 3rd party seller. Also, I do not like Phoenix, I feel sad for people that have to live there. The band toured through there a couple times, and I've driven through on my own, too. It's saving grace is that it's only a few hours North to Flagstaff.

60-64 age group  -  University of Oregon alumni  -  Irreverent and Annoying

Dave59

KSA and Dave59; where are you buying your ultraroad-2s? I've never seen them in a store other than the clearance outlet.

I bought mine from Amazon for $84.99.  Not seeing Sketcher's running shoes in stores so I can try them on has been my biggest reason for not trying any of them sooner.

Nice recap, Dave!  Glad you're feeling better.

Mike - I can't even begin to imagine how hard it is a parent to watch your child struggle with addiction.  Watching a spouse struggle is bad enough. {{{Hugs}}}

{{{Starr!}}} - One day at time, right?  Keep taking care of you.  Keep talking to friends and family.  Keep working your program.

Tammy - I've been meaning to ask you - what is your doc doing when he "strips" the muscle (or tendons or ligaments)?  It doesn't sound fun.

5 miles this a.m.  I am most definitely running my EZ runs too hard, and the Wednesday core/ST workouts take a toll on my legs the next day.  But it's all good.  The rain that wasn't supposed to be here until around 11:00 started around 6:45.  The Hub missed his window of opportunity to get more lawns mowed today.   I'm supposed to run an 8-mile LR on Saturday, but 100% chance of rain.  I may wus out and move it to Sunday (54%) chance of rain.  BUT . . . which one will toughen me up more? 

Enjoy ~~

Leslie
              Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
              -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

I bought mine from Amazon for $84.99.  Not seeing Sketcher's running shoes in stores so I can try them on has been my biggest reason for not trying any of them sooner.

I have some Ultra, but i don't think they have "Road" in the name anywhere.  i love them and will probably be buying a new pair in the near future.  Since we have an outlet within a few miles, that's the only place I've ever bought them.  That, and I'm cheap.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

TammyinGP

Leslie - it's very much like using a graston tool but he's using his thumbs/hands. He's extremely strong (think big norseman!).  It's painful and I have a fairly high threshold for pain too.  He's done this on my IT bands also but this is that area of tendon/ligaments along the interior side of my lower shin, which doesn't have nearly as much "meat" as my thighs, so it hurts even worse. It works though, so I endure. 

Will hit up the gym after work for an hour of cardio. Probably the elliptical for an hour, or maybe 30 min of elliptical and bike. I'm sure I"ll be sore since this will be using some different muscles than just running.

Tammy

Amazon $79 or maybe less.  I forget.

Scottsdale seems like an over the top place in terms of wealth.  I don’t mind a free trip here to warm weather, and the resort is nice.  I agree- would not want to live in Phoenix.  And Casa Grande, 35 or so miles south of here, is in the middle of nowhere and not at all attractive.  Best lunch choice was Whataburger.  Not totally complaining- we don’t have them in TN and as a 30 year Texan, I was glad to see it!!

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

[[[mike]]]..........hang in there, it's heartbreaking.........

I wish

I had some advice for you

=========

50-min PoolRun with letters......

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

((Mike)) ((Starr))  So very hard!! Justin has been going to AA meetings and has been sober for 15 days. Every time he stays out at night I worry that he will be drinking r using again - I try not to worry and know it's not in my hands but it sure is hard!! I know he has a female friend and doesn't love living at home as a 30 yr old guy, but right now that's our reality!

8 miles this morning with the Thursday morning running peeps!!

Did some serious damage in my shopping budget (oh wait I don't use a budget) at our local Whirlaway Sports Center. Today is Sole Sisters Running Club day and the discounts were amazing -- I just had to support our local store right??

denise

My arms are VERY tired from flying to Phoenix.  

ha-ha!

MikeE – so sorry to read about Eric again, it sure is heartbreaking. Will add him to my prayer

CR – you are lucky to have a running club. There is one here, but it is just 4 or 5 old guys.

Holly – you actually left DS in charge of that rebellious teen? Hope all went well

Falcon – I’m not sure where you are hoping to end up but it sounds like everyone wants you. Do you get a choice?

Dave – glad you are feeling better!

Leslie - yup, one day at a time! Rain, rain go away, come again some other day!

We are supposed to be getting 5” of snow on Sunday night. At least it doesn’t last all that long this time of year.  It should be up to 50° sometime next week. It actually felt warm yesterday afternoon. It was only 25° but sunny and calm.  That after a record low temperature for the day of 5°

Well, I must go. It was a busy day at work calling 158 customers who neglected to pay their bill in March. Tonight I need to get our tax stuff in order by Monday, ack!

“Courage is not defined by those who fought and did not fall, but by those who fought, fell, and rose again.” — Adrienne Rich

Anzlo

Normal Oregon weather this morning, 49 degrees and a light rain, for my 7 miles (yeah, EZ, as usual).  I think I might as well drop the "EZ" because almost all of my miles are such.  So, if I do some non-EZ miles I will mention that instead.  DW has decided our marathon date is going to be May 6th in Salem at the Willamette Valley Marathon.  It's the first running of this particular event  route even though the Keizer Iris Festival Run (using the Willamette Valley name) tried to make this work for a few years two weeks later on a different route.  My DW has run portions of this marathon route with friends a few years ago while doing training runs but I have not.  It's very flat which is a good thing.

Hope your day has been a good one and here's wishing a great Friday and upcoming weekend !

65+ Bests: 5K-26:11, 10K-TBD, HM-TBD

evanflein

Starr, I was thinking the same thing about Holly's DD....

Mike, hope things aren't as bad as you fear about Eric. That kid just really keeps you on edge.

Stumpy, I hear ya on being tired of winter. But I got there weeks ago! It's hard at this time of year because the daylight and sunshine are just crazy, it's light till after 8 and the sunshine on the snow is just so brilliant. But it's that snow that's the problem. It just won't go away!

I managed just a quick lunchtime workout today at the gym, 3.1 miles on the elliptical and walking 4 laps (half mile) on the track. That was enuf.

Henrun

Opening day at Fenway (Sox won in 12) and I circled the stadium during the 10th for 3.5 miles. I usually run in the am but a busy day ended up in a late afternoon run. Ferocious wind gusts on way home but sunny.

Saw my podiatrist today and he got me on a night splint for my Achilles tendinitis. We’ll try it out. Fortunately it hasn’t kept me from running or walking.

Stumpy, we’ll be up in your area for a meeting in a few weeks Will stop by the Sketchers outlet on the way home.