Masters Running

Saturday Nov. 21 runs rides errands and RACES!!! (Read 446 times)

dg.

well... somebody had to do it!

Good Luck!!!!!!!    have fun & then tell us alll about it Smile

11/21 nonoruns - Rehoboth Beach Marathon, Rehoboth Beach, DE

11/21 biketm - Tri Cities Marathon, Fort Wayne IN

11/21 Ileneforward - VOF half marathon, NV 

Marathon Maniac #3309

Good morning dg, and everyone to follow. Just about ready to head out for my race today, and guess what.....it is going to be sunny - light to no wind - and about 40 degrees to start, with a high of 55....how perfect is that! I guess that means no excuses huh (smiles) And yes.....I finally made it to a Marathon I can actually race... HEALTHY, and my legs feel Greta and fresh, ready to race----Good luck to all the racers today, and hope eveyone has a great day!----Oh yeah, I have a new race plan today.....go out as fast as I can and crash and burn....just for Ribs - Ok, not really (grins)----And hope Holly does well on her test, as I am sure she will----Hang in there Slo, it sounds like things are looking more positive for you----TimBo

Running has given me the courage to start, the determination to keep trying, and the childlike spirit to have fun along the way - Run often and run long, but never outrun your Joy of running!

Marathon Maniac #957

Good Morning!

6.35 easy-paced (ave 10:07) miles for me in 33 degrees with dense fog.  Even with my new Saucony convertible running gloves, my hands were painfully cold by the end.  Time to start carrying hand warmers on runs any longer than this.

Off to shower and go take my test. 

Good luck to the racers!

ETA - Timbo - I'm so glad you got a great weather day.  You will rock!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Slo

Hey all,

Just getting ready to head out to the garage for some strength training and a little time on the evil-lipticle

Big weekend for racing....good luck all! I really wanted to run in Philly, but alas, the race filled quickly.

5.06 this AM, 43:54, 8:40's.

Good runs to all,

Walt

GoNoNoGo!! Go Tim Go!!  Go Tramps Go!!  Go Ilene Go!!

They published my Columbus finishing picture (my avatar pic) in the Runners Forum - a local runners newpaper down here. I thought that was very cool.

I ran 13 miles this morning with 4 continuous MP miles from 7 to 10. 8:23, 8:29, 8:20, and 8:19. Then the last three cool down miles were sub-9, so I'm happy. I seem to be gaining a little pace!

Bill

"Some are the strong, silent type. You can't put your finger on exactly what it is they bring to the table until you run without them and then you realize that their steadiness fills a hole that leaks energy in their absence." - Kristin Armstrong

They published my Columbus finishing picture (my avatar pic) in the Runners Forum - a local runners newpaper down here. I thought that was very cool.

I ran 13 miles this morning with 4 continuous MP miles from 7 to 10. 8:23, 8:29, 8:20, and 8:19. Then the last three cool down miles were sub-9, so I'm happy. I seem to be gaining a little pace!

Bill

Some young lurkers might conclude we older folks have a going problem  but I second those remarks,  GO! Racers

Very nice photo Bill congrats on being published and good running

5miles w/DW, 1st run together in 10 weeks at 9:55 pace

Slo that elipticle(sp?) will keep you good shape until you're ready to hit the road so be nice to it.

Courage ! Do one brave thing today...then run like hell.

Tramps

Go get 'em, Holly!

Slo--Good news on the no-fracture!

Byll--nice run and congrats on the picture.

I'm hoping all is going well for today's runners--especially for nono's first!

Thanks for the cheers!  Big improvement in Philly weather from the bleak forecast earlier this week.  Darn, that's one less excuse I can use.   Should be fun; I'm looking forward to it.  (Sorry you aren't there Walt.  I'll think of you and try to channel some of your speed; I need it!)

Be safe. Be kind.

Good luck, everyone!  Can't wait to hear nono's results (among others, of course).

4.1 miles, 36:01, 8:52/mi, AHR 138 (70% MHR)

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

Good luck everyone!!

I look forward to some good reading tonight and tomorrow.

Cross train day for me. Went out for a one hour bike ride and got lost in one of those hilly twisty subdivisions that snake around the golf courses.  I passed the same guy mowing his yard (in November!) a half dozen times.  Good ride though it ended up being 1:10:00 by time I found my way home. Not sure how far or fast but its cross training anyway so not important to me.

Michigan VS. Ohio state game today. Michigan is pretty bad this year but this rivalry is always huge around here. Michigan can save a lot of face with a win today. Not likely but "GO BLUE" .

Lots of home projects around here. My DW and I are haggeling over flooring choices for our basement project. We are determined to get it bought this weekend so I can lay it down over Thanksgiving. She claims it was easier when I just let her make all the choices. She claims as I get older I have more of an opinion on such matters. Also shopping for a crib for my granddaughter for when my son gets leave time. They plan on staying with us for a few weeks shortly after Christmas if he can get away from the base. It may be the last time we see them for a year or two as they are planning on shipping out to Germany in the spring. .

Good runs everyone

Larry

Chumbawamba: I get knocked down But I get up again You're never going to keep me down

Mariposai

What a fun weekend of racing in RALand.

Good luck to Holly on her test.

Hey tammy, sweet win yesterday. Now you just have to just register for Newport.

Off for a longish run. A lovely crispy sunny morning. I think I will go up to the orchards to enjoy the last bit of fall colors.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

Larry - we (meaning WRFB) just put together our new crib for baby Nate's Christmas visit.  We settled on a compact crib so that it would fit into the spare room with twin beds.  I am envisioning the grandchildrens'  bunk room here.  (We got it online from Comfort1st.com, Foundations Royale™ Compact Drop-Side Folding Crib - Cherry).  It folds up nicely for storage.

Now we're off to buy a second-hand dresser that we can turn into a changing table.

Oh.  Running.  I ran 3 easy yesterday, today is a rest day.  Tomorrow I'll push the long run out to 11 miles. Building base again.  After Thursday's Turkey Trot I'll start thinking about the Boston training schedule..

GL to our weekend racers!

aka Mrs. WillRunForBeer, MD, USA

Marathoning, the triumph of desire over reason

Marathon Maniac #957

Just got a call from Timbo....

Finished in 3:22:36

WOOHOO!!!!!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

evanflein

Yeah TimBo! That's awesome. First marathon he's run with good solid training and no whammies. Good job.

Hope to hear from Nono soon...

Thinking about a "more miles than degrees" run today. But that wouldn't be hard to do... it's -33F at the airport (a low spot, but that's where the "official" temps are measured), and -27 where I am. I think I'd qualify for MMTD if I just went down and got the paper.

i'm lovin' it... MM#1949

Fantastic for TimBo!!!!  Smokin!!

Go nono go!!

Byll... it's a loooong way til Boston... be sure to take it easy.

4 mile walk with the dogs

Perch's Profile "I don't know if running adds years to your life, but it definitely adds life to your years." - Jim Fixx "The secret is to make in your mind possible what was not possible before. The secret is to make easy what was difficult, instead to make difficult what really is easy." - Coach Renato Canova