Masters Running

Thursdaily, 4.19.18 (Read 40 times)

coastwalker

Mornin' everyone.

I have to be out of here in 15 minutes to be on time to this morning's meeting, so this is just a walk-by.

7.73 predawn RW miles in 37° and under overcast skies with rain and maybe some snow flurries threatened for today. I had 3.7 miles under 11:20 this morning, and, including my warm-up, my avg. pace was 11:29, which was not too bad for a mid-weeker.

Have a greta Thursday!

Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

I am off to a conference in Austin this morning. I am supposed to discuss a paper there. But I only received it two days ago.  I have read it. Now I need to get some PowerPoint slides put together on the flight. I suspect this will not be the most enlightening commentary ever.

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

Dave59

I had 3 stressful software installs yesterday, plus an effort to get to the office that failed after an hour of trying to get around a multi-car accident. The installs affected my sleep last night and then a night or two leading up to them. So I sit here today feeling weird (detached from reality) and wishing people would stop sending me email questions.

Also, a kind of weird but enjoyable run this morning. 5.15 miles, 43°, windy, with some major sustained gusts that would come out of nowhere accompanied with rain and even some sleet. Needless to say, I had the whole park to myself except for some city workers driving around picking up the trash can lids that were blowing around.

And for absolutely no reason, after a few weeks where Chrome would not allow entry of special characters with the Alt plus keypad, it is working today. Alt 248 and Alt 0176 both give me the degree symbol again. ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° °  (I think it may be an ad blocker I was using and stopped using.)

It's never ever going to stop snowing in parts of this country.

Noting else to report.  Back to your regular duties ~~

Leslie
          Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
          -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

1.5 treadmill miles per doctor's orders (well, it's still in the "mile" range, right?).   Drove downtown in horrific traffic to a breakfast legal seminar which serves fantastic breakfast burritos.  I was late by about a minute due to aforementioned traffic and the BURRITOS WERE GONE!!!  I was so pissed.  The room was packed (never is).  I had a horrible pastry and a diet coke, which I spilled on the rug when someone had to squeeze in next to me on the bench at the back of the room since all the other seats were taken.  Not a good start to the day.

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

Hey Jay - my goal is to get my average pace down to your walking pace.  Great consistency you have

Runner KSA - Egads, what a horrible meeting to run out of burritos!  I don't like those pastries either unless it's an apple fritter.

Dave - Can you work from home whenever you want to?  That sounds like the best option.  Kudos to running

twocat - How can they expect you to do that? At least you are headed for Texas and not Minnesota

I spent the morning looking at fall half marathons.  Maybe a camping trip combined with visiting East Coast relatives, hmmmm.....

I can’t remember where I left off on the saga of MrStarr. His on and off again drinking has been off since Friday and I’m grateful for that.  He actually dumped the bottle out!  I didn’t go to Alanon after all on Tuesday since things were all quiet on the home front.  Yesterday Pastor and a deacon came over to talk to us.  I’ve known since last Wednesday that they were planning to come and have had this constant sick feeling in my gut ever since.  I expected MrStarr to leave the house before they even came but he stayed. I think some good came out of the meeting and we will definitely be communicating better from now on. He values the relationship he has with me, the kids/grandkids and others too much to jeopardize that.  We talked about his refusal to talk to anyone about this – a therapist, Pastor or even a trusted friend.  I think he will go to counseling with me if I ask but sort of want him to go on his own.

Anyway, the snow has stopped! I am scared to death to walk on these icy roads we have had so I stay in quite a bit.  I shoveled the sidewalk to the door yesterday, does that count for exercise?  I was sweating waiting for those guys to show up too!  I actually fell asleep before Wheel was over at 7pm.  I got my 8 hours in and was up at 3:30.

“Courage is not defined by those who fought and did not fall, but by those who fought, fell, and rose again.” — Adrienne Rich

[[[starr]]]

......30s here this morning....

went hitting golf balls and PoolRunning

..............bumped into

an old customer,

after I told her it Dawned on me to add ''Not at the Same Time''

===================

50-min PoolRun with letters

GolfBall Hitting

done separately

.................Good Running to Ya.........

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

GolfBall Hitting

done separately

...also

'cause you couldn't hit 'em

ALL at the same time.....

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

...also

'cause you couldn't hit 'em

ALL at the same time.....

all you gotta do is put the bucket on the tee.

3.1 lake loop miles.  Slow.  Though I was going to get a little damp, because it was supposed to be raining, and i had resolved no matter what to beat the bed magnet.  But ended up dry when the rain didn't start until I was heading to the car.  Of course, being April, it switched to snow for a while.  No accumulation, though.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

Anzlo

7.73 predawn RW miles in 37° and under overcast skies with rain and maybe some snow flurries threatened for today. I had 3.7 miles under 11:20 this morning, and, including my warm-up, my avg. pace was 11:29, which was not too bad for a mid-weeker.

Coastwalker - Really nice race-walking workout, impressive pace.

Out at dawn this AM for 10 miles of the usual sort, easy run/walk.  I don't seem to show any after effects from my "speed workout" workout yesterday which is nice.  Doing an all run 5K after only doing run/walk for months felt a bit iffy to me, but all is good and the 28:16 was decent enough even if not up to my mid 2017 standard at that distance.

Have a great rest of the week folks !

65+ Bests: 5K-26:11, 10K-TBD, HM-TBD

pfriese

Afternoon all.

Another rest/recovery day for me today. So, I did have time to finish my race report.

Paul

That's encouraging, Starr, but I know you know it will be a long road.   Here's hoping the relationships and all the weight on the "have to stop drinking" side prevail.

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

bioguy

Whew; I am soooo tired of wind! I was up around 4am, had a good day at school, but the stress of being "on" for the kids all day is really wearing. The huge AP bio exam is looming soon and trying to motivate my crowd to finish the year strong, be optimistic, etc is tiring. Throw in my stressful behaviorally challenged class and I'm whipped at the end of the day.

Today was a 10 mile tempo with a 1 mile warmup and cooldown. As I was getting dressed in my running clothes I said to my wife "I'm tired of wind." She replied, "Oh well, doesn't matter if you're tired of it."

I suppose she's right. But the headwind today beat the crap out of me. I'm thinking the whole time, how am I going to pace a marathon if I can't do 10 miles at the right pace. My Garmin splits are all over the place, but average is a little slower than I'd like to run 26.

Ah well, first world problems, right?

Tailwinds!

. . . how am I going to pace a marathon if I can't do 10 miles at the right pace.

Never underestimate the affect of stress on the ole body . . . and a hardy headwind.  (You're wife's comment is pretty funny. )

Leslie
                              Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                              -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Not quite 12 hours sleep last night but pretty close!! Already in bed and planning on sleeping soon - hope to knock out this cough much quicker than the last!!

I ran Boston in 2006 and started volunteering in 2007. The first 3 years I did packet stuffing and the medical team. After that I did packet stuffing and the start line with my running group with the exception of 2013 and 2014 when I ran again.

Goodnight all!!

denise