Masters Running

12.28.15 Four days before (Read 40 times)

coastwalker

Mornin' everyone!

Nice 3-bridge 14-miler with a sunrise bonus, Aamos.

Twocat, sometimes rain is all we have to run (walk) in. Good for your DW for taking advantage of the mild weather and heading outside for her runs. I'm glad you're catching up on taped shows while ellipticaling. I hope your Achilles is better today, even if the weather isn't.

Good outdoor/indoor runs with core work, Holly.

Leslie, are you doing some gentle stretching of that sore calf? Might help open it up some.

Nice 9er with the group in the relative heat, RCG. Sorry your Bowl picks aren't cooperating.

Sounds like a great Christmas, even if abbreviated, Evanflein, with a tasty beer-can grilled chicken dinner. Good luck getting in some runs this week in your "really warm" weather.

Good luck getting a decent flight fare for the MBM, Mike. Good of Debbie to give you the OK to go. Most folks wouldn't think that 8 on a TM is 'wimping out.'

Gotta watch those Famous Last Words, TW, just in case they, indeed, become that.

Great shot of Easy Pacer under the snow arch, Mariposai. Enjoy what looks like gorgeous snow!

I'm glad your trip home was "only" 7 hours, Econo. Good job of getting your weekly running mileage up.

Tet wins for longest meeting and longest sentence about his 'disp...' Seahawks and Japan's backward scoring reports (if only backward to us).

I'm sorry to learn of your aunt's passing, Steve. I'm also sorry that you has so many power problems over Christmas, but it seems that everyone made the most of it and did quite well, given the circumstances. I like the puzzle piece game, and the great happy photo of you, DW and the kids.

I know, I know - I usually take Monday as an SRD. But we've got some weather coming in over night, and I don't know if I'll be able to get out tomorrow morning, so I went today instead. It was 31F with a westerly wind and heavily-clouded skies hiding a near-fool moon high in the sky and dropping the occasional snow flake. I went 5 RW miles, taking it relatively easy in 1,3 and 5, and getting my pace in the 10s in 2 and 4.

Have a greta Monday (especially if you are off this week, which I'm not, or at least, not yet)!

Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

RCG

Rose Colored Glasses

Hi Jay!  And all who follow or sneak in before I stop typing.

55 degrees and overcast, winds light and variable

4.22 miles of running but mostly walking and sniffing.  King Leonidas and I set out for the swamp this morning. He is a good running dog/companion. But he was feeling poorly yesterday so we took it easy this morning. He is now snoring in his bed.

We ran the just under 2 miles to h.s. track where lilmissrosie (I have got to update her name here!) and her rocket scientist dad were doing a track workout. King Leonidas and I ran half a lap around to greet them and then we left them to run their "pyramid" or "ladder". Lilmissrosie wants to break 20 minutes in a 5K. She is currently at 21:30ish. I think here dad just likes to hang out with her while she is in town and that is why he went to the track.

Be well, dear Master cool RA kick Boomers!

P.S. If you happen to see Spareribs and TheSaint, please wish them a happy 30th wedding anniversary!

"Anytime you see the word "inflation" in the news, replace it with "record-breaking corporate profits" and you'll get what's happening."

moebo

Good morning, Jay, Rose and everyone else!

I have enjoyed reading about your holiday runs and celebrations. Glad to see so many having fun with family!

But sorry about your husband's bad news, Deez.

I had fun in NH. On Christmas Eve, it was so warm that BF and I went for a long canoe ride out on the lake. At one point the fog was so dense that we could barely find our way to the shore to get back home. After that, DD and DS arrived and we all went out for a lovely dinner.

On Christmas day, DD and I decided to take advantage of the strange weather and go for a swim! It was actually more like a polar plunge--we only stayed in for a minute--but we had a great time.

Since I last posted about my surprisingly quick Christmas Eve run, I have gone out a few times but have not have nearly as much fun as that day. The worst was yesterday: I went out in the light rain hoping for at least 8 or 10, but was having such a hard time getting my leaden legs to move that I gave up after 4.4 miles (and an average 10:15 pace).

Back in CT this morning I decided to try to make up for yesterday's disappointment by going a little longer than usual. Well I almost turned around as soon as I stepped foot out the door! The cold, gusty wind tried to defeat me, but I made myself keep going. I am so glad I did! Passing a small stream I saw a big blue heron take off just a few yards away--what an awesome sight! Then I crossed paths with a couple of other runners who came out of the woods in a spot that I had never noticed before, so there's a new place to run! I eventually ended up with  7 at an average 9:50 pace.

Henrun

Out for 4.5 miles. That gusty wind nearly defeated me. I had planned to do 2 laps around our local reservoir but near the end of the first lap the wind felt painful, so I altered my route and got in my planned mileage.

Marj went out for a Jay time run since she had to pick up GD1 for an overnight. They're having fun at the MFA now and are going to see a play (based on Shakespeare's Twelfth Night) tomorrow am.

Received a disturbing call from DD about family problems when I returned from my run. I'm glad that Marj and are available for support even though DD lives in Ohio.

Sayhey! MM#130

Good still morning!  ANd it was a pretty still am here.  About 6 very easy for me, even walked about a third of a mile when I encountered a chum who walk/runs and was finishing up her stint.  Holly- her partner of 25 years is Jack Daniels "Squire"--didn't you and DH tour there?  She said he's very excited to have discovered there's a race and bicycle event there, in Jack country (Lynchburg, TN?) in April.

tet, er, that's the ticket, you got it, the Rams looked like bums yesterday.  Keep smiling, my friend!

Sorry, too, Steve, about your aunt.  It was exhausting just reading about your latest adventures.

Love, love, love blue herons.  They're so shy and geeky-gorgeous.

There's a cold front coming that may or may not get here, but is going to reach Jacksonville, where I'm running Sunday .  Looking forward to that.

I may be forced to go to FB to try and check on Ribs.  (and I'll remember about the Anniversary, Rosie).  Every so often I take a few days away from the little screen.  So if you're there, tell him to get on over here as we're wondering.

Maybe the airfares will go down tomorrow or Wednesday, Mike.  Fingers crossed.

Despicable boss tactics, deez.

Glad you had great fam times, Mari and Erika.  And everyone!  Now, who even intends to try and see in the new year?  Not I; I'll get second shift and meet her for brunch after a run!

grins,

A

https://agratefullifedotnet.wordpress.com/  (for a piece or two of my mind)

Marathon Maniac #957

Received a disturbing call from DD about family problems when I returned from my run. I'm glad that Marj and are available for support even though DD lives in Ohio.

Henry - I hope DD's family troubles resolve soon.

Steve - power outage on Christmas!  Well, it sounds as if you made the best of it and made some special memories anyway.

Amy - we went to some distilleries in KY, but not down to TN.

Re: Blue Heron - Saturday I saw one standing in a creek as I ran across the small footbridge over it.  I stopped to look at it because I was so close, but it spread its wings and flew away.

Happy Anniversary to Ribs and The Saint!

No run for me today, just 40 minutes or so of weights and core.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

RCG

Rose Colored Glasses

I may be forced to go to FB to try and check on Ribs.  (and I'll remember about the Anniversary, Rosie).  Every so often I take a few days away from the little screen.  So if you're there, tell him to get on over here as we're wondering.

Maybe the airfares will go down tomorrow or Wednesday, Mike.  Fingers crossed.

Aamos, I deactivated FB a while ago. I always remember TheSaint/Spareribs anniversary because it is the exact same day as my dear BIL and SIL. (Ralph's brother, another r.s.)

Mo, nice heron run! And polar plunge and canoe and all that jazz! I'd love to hear more about the dear twins. I think they are the same age as my DS2.

Mikee Here's hoping for lower fares!

Henry and Marj I hope things get better for DD in Ohio.

"Anytime you see the word "inflation" in the news, replace it with "record-breaking corporate profits" and you'll get what's happening."

Marj and Henry - I hope everything is okay on the family front.

Wonderful photo of SteveP, his very strong DW, and grandkids.

And Posie's pic of the Easy Pacer was beautiful.

Happy 30th, Ribs and The Saint!

Jay - I've been stretching, easy massaging.  I have no idea what I did.  It just "appeared."  Was pretty darn sore to the touch yesterday, so I'm trying to leave it alone.

1.75 of core/ST this morning.  Not very exciting, but necessary.

Yesterday I FINALLY got our new computer up and running, after about 1.5 hrs of figuring out cords, etc.  And amazingly enough, it actually works!  It turns on in a minute or less!  I can get into programs quickly and easily!  I can get online without cursing at the computer!  The Hub grumbled a little bit about the expense for the computer, scanner, and unnecessary but larger monitor, but I reminded him he needed all the write-offs he can get for his business.

Now to see if I can get the laptop to work faster without buying a new one . . . .

Also, I've been participating in PhD survey about ultra running.  The last questionnaire this morning was about eating habits for the last month. Talk about a bad time to discuss eating habits!  Geesh!! 

Enjoy your week ~~

Leslie
                  Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                  -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Quick post sitting in the car waiting to inter Lloyds ashes at the Veterans Cemetery .... 10.6 chilly miles this morning - think winter is trying to show its face here in New England.

Happy Anniversary to Ribs and the Saint!

denise

TammyinGP

Hi All!

Happy Anniversary to Ribs and The Saint! Sounds like they have a nice celebration for"30" planned.

Back to work after 5 days off. Got in a couple short runs and even a gym workout.  Had a nice Christmas here with even a bit of the white stuff so that was nice.  Since my brother is now living in Oregon (first time we've lived in same state in over 25 yrs), it was nice to have our small family "complete" for Christmas. I can think of only one time (a few yrs back) that he flew out here for Christmas and considering he got stuck in Denver for 3 days on his connection flight back, he vowed never again to travel out here in the winter. He and his girlfriend will come out to our place NYE also. If we keep spending this much time together, we might actually start having a close relationship! lol

Have a good week everyone!

Tammy

...hi guys///......no work-out today,

spent 6+ hours on a DrugCard Pharmacy Audit (for a store that closed in JUNE)

and hoping they leave me alone after the 1st of the year

also

Big ArrseWhonkerStorm heading straight for us

http://www.wunderground.com/radar/radblast.asp?ID=HTX

supposed to

blow out by 6-pm

Pickles,Claire and DD2 heading to American Girl Store in Nashville (for 2-days!!)

so

I'm hoping the weather lets them

............hitting the Y tomorrow,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,ohboyohboy

..........................good running guys

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

mari, I like the pictures of the posie family together at Christmas.  deez, sorry to hear about your husband's job.  I hope something comes up soon.  steve, my condolences to your family about your aunt.  Also, a bummer about the electrical outages.  From the pictures and what you said, it appears you had a good family Christmas in spite of it.  henrun, I hope your daughter's problems are not serious and are quickly resolved.  Happy anniversary to ribs and The Saint.  Tammy, it sounds like a great Christmas with your brother.

Nice long runs for Holly, Mike, fatozzig (with new running friend), Aamos, and deez.

This morning, it was in the mid 20s and quite windy.  I couldn't pick a route to totally avoid headwinds and the part into the wind was tough.  I did 5 miles at an 11:01 pace.  The weather forecast, freezing rain and wind, make running tomorrow look questionable.

A good day and good runs for all.

TomS

This cold I picked up in Hong Kong is going to see me to my grave!  Bloody thing just will not throw in the towel. I am still sniffling and coughing. I have some high powered cough medicine that is about to run out so I better call the doctor to get the prescription refilled. I also ran today in the hope that my Achilles was finally recovered. No dice. So it is back on the elliptical for at least another week. I may try doing 2 hours mid-week in the hope that lets me retain some of the endurance I will need if there is any hope of my running a marathon at the end of February.

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

...twocat//......are you soaking your toothbrush in Listerene so you won't keep brushing this back into your mouth??

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

...twocat//......are you soaking your toothbrush in Listerene so you won't keep brushing this back into your mouth??

Not something that ever crossed my mind to do!

Leslie
                                Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                                -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance