Masters Running

Why Tall Came Back - And why he is Happy (for those that need to know) (Read 432 times)

As some of you have noticed I came back. How could I stay away from being a part of Boston Monday which is only a few weeks away. I will be glued to my screen to get updates on all of you. I did though want to update you on where I am. My friends I just wanted to say that I went away to be pensive about me and my life and after a lot of reflection I realized there is nothing wrong with me (some people may disagree (-: As many of you know I went thru a whirlwind romance a few months after my separation that was beautiful for 4 months and then something happened, not sure what but I blamed myself for how it ended . After reflecting on the past 5 months, talking to good friends and a supportive counselor I realized that it was not my fault and that I am a good person, a person who is very kind and tends to go above the call of duty. Yes I can be intense and passionate and tend to have lots of things going on in my life. I like to keep busy, even as I tone down my life. I realized that this woman that I loved for 4 months was not who she said she was. Not committed to the same things that I respected and or loved. What broke my heart was not her but the thought of what she was and that I had destroyed it. Well, I now realize that was not the case. What made me mad was that I had lived a lie and I don’t do well when I realize I was taken advantage of. My counselor was clear that it’s time I take care of me and stop taking care of others as my priority. So I am trying to do that. I have begun dating again but now am very clear that I am who I am and that they will have to accept that as I accept them. I am taking it very very slow. My running has been coming on again and I ran a solid 2:04 at Around the Bay (30K race) in Hamilton, good for 88th out of 4500 there even though my longest run in two months had been 15K and I had done no hills and ATB has a ton of hills in the last 10K. So I was pleased. I am now getting ready in 7 weeks to run the Ottawa marathon where I hope to run a new PR, hopefully around 2:50 Again my friends thank you for your support and just now that I am well but that Tall sometimes takes things personally when maybe he should not.

Recent Best times: None recently

Good to hear you've got it straight now, Tall. Glad you're back, too. Best of luck in Ottawa. (And heckova nice race around the bay).

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

seemomgo

Hey Tall...glad you posted this. I think you have your head on pretty straight after all! You are a strong person and seem to be a terrific dad. You know what works for you and what doesn't and you know what is important to you. Sometimes we just get clogged up with other people's garbage. I think we tend to try to be everything to everyone and forget ourselves and what is important. I happy that you are in such a good place now. Keep it all in perspective! Good luck in your upcoming events.
        btb1490

The old cliches of "things happen for a reason" and "something good usually comes out of something bad" apply here more than ever. This is how we learn and grow. Thanks for the heartfelt reflection, and welcome back!
            Thanks for the update. Glad to see you are back. Good luck with the ever treacherous dating scene! Somehow though I suspect you are going to do just fine.

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

SteveP

Good to see you Tall!!! We've been looking forward to your return and you've been in my prayers.

SteveP

Tall - glad you're back and doing well. Eliz

flomotioncoaching.com

PJH

Nice to see you back, Tall. Glad you had a great ATB. Glad also that things are coming together for you personally. Good luck in Ottawa. It's not out of the question for me ...just that April 21st takes priority right now. PJ
                    Hi Tall, e komo mai. Welcome back. Relationships come and go and life goes on and (hopefully) we all just keep running. Laurie

Shamrock marathon March 2016. Burlington full or relay if I can find a partner May 2016. Wine and Dine half Nov. And a tri or two thrown in just for the hell of it.

Tall! We all have times when we take things personally that we shouldn't. That's one of the many reasons God gave us a sense of humor (I know, some folks seem to hide theirs away, but there's a reason we can all smile, right?) Anyway, welcome back! grins, A
                      Masters 2000 miles
                      evanflein

Welcome back, Tallrunner. You've been missed. Glad to hear you've done some reflection and come to a good place. Good luck with your marathon.

King of PhotoShop

A relief to read this Tall. Hang in there. You have many friends here as you know. Run well. Spareribs

Manchild

Tall, I too, am pleased that you are back and emotionally healthier than before. There is someone out there for you and it is your job to run and find that person! But seriously, I am happy for you and look forward to reading your lively posts! Chris
                              Welcome back, Tall. You're a good man.
                              Age 60 plus best times: 5k 19:00, 10k 38:35, 10m 1:05:30, HM 1:24:09, 30k 2:04:33
                                Glad to know you are doing better Tall. I had been thinking about you and appreciate your posting the update. Time helps put things in better perspective. Happiness is a choice you picked the right choice. You are a good guy and I know you will find your way. Glad to hear the running is going well and hope Ottawa is all you want it to be. Peace my friend. Skip