Masters Running

It's Wednesday and no one else started the daily 2-6-13 (Read 43 times)

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

...tet and twocat//...........it's at the top of your screen next to the ''Refresh'' tab

, looks like this

ie8_compatibility

Bookmark and Share

Tags: IE, IE8, internet, Upgrade Browser
    Posted in BF News | Comments Off

wow tom, I didn't think anything about you could impress me more than when you got me running back in '09 when i thought my right knee had gone out for good.  It's so slow now, however, that it should be embarrassing but I'm so happy just to be still running when I thought it was all over for good that i don't care.

However, for an older guy to be able to post a picture of his computer screen like you can do is even more impressive.  are you sure your grandson didn't do it?  Anyway, like Mike, I have everything on my laptop screen except what you have that you circled. Are there any pills I can take for this too?

ps - don't tell anyone but maybe send me some more of the purple ones.  thanks.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

Mariposai

Just have to say, this picture makes me miss Francesca and Dove here. They are such big inspirations to us all.

Twocat, time to change that avatar again. Yiipiieee on your double digit run today!

Feet, ohhh glorious feets!!!

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

Very busy tense day at work today, I transferred all of our data for our CAD & RMS programs from our temporary server onto our new server this morning and then had to get it all configured properly so that all the computers in the building could connect with no issues.  Took a few hours but went without a hitch which was a relief.

Ran a hard 14 miler today - 1:47:41 (7:42)  - boy I was tired after this one.

It looks like we are in for a major snowstorm of the old "Noreaster" variety upwards of 2 feet of snow expected with lots of drifting.  Luckily I have an easy 5 miles on tap for Saturday but an 18 miler on Sunday with some friends.  Hopefully the roads will be cleared for the Sunday run.

Marathon Maniac #957

maintaining a measly 9:45 pace

For those of us who think that's quite a speedy pace, you're making us feel like slackers....Joking

Nancy - I can't see your pictures...Sad

Mainerunnah - heckofa run, especially considering you had a tough workday after - nice job!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

hey mike, race ya.

it only took me 11 minutes to get to the daily this time.

After getting easy access I'm used to to the regular forum format on the high speed internet at the library this afternoon, I had a try at it on a desktop computer using internet explorer but it was just back to the same old jumbled mess as through my laptop's aol dial-up.  yuk.

posie - thanks for trying the ultra-goddess picture again. i.

I know it's real this time though because I was in it and saw dove's red/white/pink/etc. prototype Brooks somethings that made me feel faster just looking at them. I didn't get much of a ringing endorsemenet for my Croc clogs though.

They agreed with my Joyful Running Club friend in Japan who told me last month that the feet and the stomach are the keys to success in any multi-day/night event.  After what dove and francesca both went through in the three-day Across-the-Years 72 hour run in Arizona at the end of December, I'm adding keeping warm to the list too.

Sent from my iPhone

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

evanflein

I can't see those pictures either!

No formatting issues here, although I do notice the forum page looks different, like different fonts or something. Threads look the same though. I'm using an old MacBook Pro with Safari....

Nice runs for some of you guys, Twocat on the treadmill even! Mainerunnah you still have some smokin' speed. And OM is just rock steady day after day. I know there've been other greta runs, but that's all I can remember now...

Jlynne, I hope that's a minor setback but like Twocat says, sounds like the type of injury that will get better, no serious long term damage done.

Lamerunner, I sure hope you continue to get better. It's always something, right?

SteveP, glad you're ok. I agree with everyone else that your boss is a jerk. You should document these instances, by the way. Might come in handy later....

When I'm in better shape, and when the conditions are nicer outside, I like running 10-11 miles on Wednesdays. It's usually the day I choose to run home from work in the summer, or run a longer trail loop. These days, running 10 miles feels like a major effort (that was my "long run" last Sunday). This loss of condition/endurance is frustrating, but I know it will get better. It just takes time. And dropping some pounds will help, too, I'm sure. So.... with a few inches of fresh snow out there and temps hovering around zero, I headed to the treadmill for some intervals. A warm up of a mile at 8:50, then another at 8:34, then 6 x .5 mile (800m) at 8:00 pace with .25 recoveries at 8:34, then 2 x .25 mile (400m) at 7:30 pace again with .25 mile recoveries at 8:34. Finished up at 8:34 pace (7 mph) with 8.2 miles total. I toyed with the idea of another couple miles to make it 10, but I was so done and ready to quit there was just no way. So.... good enough.

TammyinGP

quick workout on the track tonight. 3 miles: 8.48, 8.16 and 8.02. 25:07.

About 1.5 miles in, David's coach gave me some feedback on how I hold my arms/shoulders. said I'm too tight and tensed up. Told me how to relax it and see if that didn't help me. i'm thinking it helped since that is when I ran the 8.16 and 8.02.

Tammy

...thanks tet//...........when it comes to computers, I'm one of those Idiot Savants.

used to,

I was just one of those Idiots.

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....