Masters Running

Under the knife tomorrow -- again. (Read 457 times)

HermosaBoy

Had a nice LARGE biopsy of a previously removed mole yesterday on my left shoulder. Rest for the wicked? HA! Black eye 8:45 CST tomorrow, rotator cuff repair -- left shoulder. Please send the masters/boomers healing vibes my way. I need to get back to running quickly so I can have fun at Boston this year (the running portion -- I know I will enjoy the city, the food, the friends and watching fast women run on Sunday)! I will post when I know more after the surgery (after my drugs wear off). After that, I may have to go into hiding until I can actually run again...

And you can quote me as saying I was mis-quoted. Groucho Marx

Rob

King of PhotoShop

Good luck Rob, and whatever they tell you to do for therapy, do it. Spareribs
      spacityrunner

What Mr. Ribs said... oh yeah, don't hide...hang out here

Trails Rock!

Good luck! Here is hoping for a full recovery.

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

hup

Best wishes for a quick recovery, Rob!
              good vibes and prayers out to you hb.
              Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM
                Prayers are going out for you as you go through this.
                Vista

#artbydmcbride

{{{healing vibes~*~*>>>hermosaboy<*~*~healing vibes}}} good luck and quick healing!! tell us all about it tomorrow. vibes}}}="" good="" luck="" and="" quick="" healing!!="" tell="" us="" all="" about="" it=""></*~*~healing vibes}}} good luck and quick healing!! tell us all about it tomorrow.>

Runners run

SteveP

I've had that done to me...Yikes!!!! The Dr will have some limitations. They are not negotiable. Don't try and cut a deal. You should have physical therapy. See a PT who is a long distance runner. Female and single. I had surgery in Jan and was racing by March. I had to promise not go do better than a 12 min mile. Ask about keeping endurance up while healing the shoulder. The more often you have surgury, the more your Dr. can spend. Keep him or her on a tight budget.

SteveP

Teresadfp

One day at a time

Good luck, Rob! I will be thinking about you tomorrow at 9:45 our time. Heal quickly!!
                        Good luck, hermosaboy! You are a tough guy and you will heal well. Dark Horse
                        I'm a dark horse, running on a dark race course.
                          Let me echo Ilene w/ the healing vibes and SteveP for the advice. Spent all day in N'ville w/ DH getting his ear cut to pieces, including a skin graft and although he is no longer or at least not currently a runner, he felt the extra cutting, etc. was due to extra $ for her! Eagerly awaiting your report! Helen
                            Healing and speedy recovery vibes are yours...right now and for as long as you need. Hang tough and I'll look forward to meeting you in Boston. CNYrunner
                            anachrotech

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{ hermosaboy}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}} Good Luck !
                                Hey Rob, I'll be thinking of you as you get that shoulder fixed up. I hope you have a speedy recovery so that you can run Boston again. Keep us updated on how you're doing..... Wishing you the best, John