Masters Running

Under the knife tomorrow -- again. (Read 457 times)

Good wishes for your surgery and recovery. I had a rotater cuff repair a number of years ago and it must not have been all that bad because I barely remember the details. Waiting weeks to be able to stop wearing the darn sling is the worst part of it. Post soon and let us know how it went!

Doug, runnin' cycling in Rochester, MI

"Think blue, count two, and look for a red shoe"

Marathon Maniac #957

Let me add my {{{{hermosaboy}}}} to the mix of healing vibes. Good luck!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Henrun

(((((((((((healing vibes)))))))))). Hope to see you in Boston again.
          I hope the surgery and recovery goes well. You handle challenges well, so I'm optimistic. Get well soon and keep us informed when you're able.
            Good luck today, Rob. Here's hoping that the surgery goes well and you're "up and running" soon. Take care!
              Mimosa, Perhaps the surgery is over and you are waking up and beginning your recovery. I sure hope you are doing well and resting comfortably. You can't rush recovery. I tried. It doesn't work. It makes you feel bad. Don't rush your recovery. Get well and enjoy the boys' track season! Good luck and best wishes.
              LaVita
                More healing vibes coming your way, Hermosaboy... ...looking forward to seeing more PR's from you in '08. Jim
                Age 60 plus best times: 5k 19:00, 10k 38:35, 10m 1:05:30, HM 1:24:09, 30k 2:04:33
                  And even more {{{{healing vibes}}}} headed your way. Hope the recovery goes quickly and you are back in the swing of things very soon!
                  Have you got a flag?
                  HermosaBoy

Well, I survived. Arm is still numb & haven't had to hit the drugs yet. First word is a MONTH before I can jog. Remain calm -- must behave...

And you can quote me as saying I was mis-quoted. Groucho Marx

Rob

Hi hermosaboy, I'm glad you survived the procedure...take it easy, the pain might be worse tomorrow. Sending Healing Vibes your way.... Yeah, not running for a month sucks but it'll go by fast. I sprained my ankle and wasn't able to run for 2 months--cross training helps a lot. One day at a time really helps.
                        hermosa, glad things went well. the month will fly by. start pt nice and easy and then crank it... you'll be recovered in no time, and maybe better off from the rest. best wishes.
                          Mimosa, Take the pain Rx before it gets bad because you don't want the med to have to work too hard. If comfort/pain was plotted on some sort of chart, you'd want a pretty straight line, not one with a lot of pain peaks in it. Help me. Am I making any sense? Feel better and respect the recovery. ~ Rose or LaVitaDolce edited to try and make sense. This could be an exercise in futility. Heal. Just heal. RobHermosaBoy
                          LaVita
                            Hey Hermosaboy. You made it through. Step 1 - done. Step 2 - the healing (I'd avoid the drugs unless absolutely necessary) Step 3 - slowing working back into shape Step 4 - back in the groove, and running stronger than ever; your legs will probably benefit from this little respite after the major pounding that you've given them. Looking forward to that next RR.
                            Age 60 plus best times: 5k 19:00, 10k 38:35, 10m 1:05:30, HM 1:24:09, 30k 2:04:33
                              Best of luck with the recovery, especially the mental part (no running).
                              PJH

If anyone wants to challenge Hermosa in a race, maybe now's the time. Big grin Hope you have a speedy recovery! PJ