Masters Running

4.2.13 - Tuesday's Daily (Read 50 times)

coastwalker

Mornin'e everyone.

Bill, I'm glad the Pastor's 18-month old didn't have shoes on. We put our kids in shoes too soon, so foot muscles don't have a chance to develop, and we all have more foot problems as a result. Just my opinion...

I like that poem, Marj, and I may reuse it, if that's OK. Thanks also for the tip about silk sleeves and warm hands - I'll try to remember that next winter (although this year's winter weather is not yet departed).

I'm sorry to learn about your MIL, Mainerunnah. That's got to be one of the toughest decisions anyone has to make regarding a parent.

How'd the spider go over, Ribs?

Watch that yardwork, Nancy - it can make for a very tough workout.

How could you ever look suspicious, Tet?

Twocat - believe it or don't, the bananas and oats are the binder. I'll get the the recipe from DW for you.

Was your Garmin playing an April Fool's joke on you, Tramps?

Glad you're not dead, Troy, despite Mariposai's best efforts. Gotta watch that woman... Wink

Nice run yesterday, Stumpy, and I'm glad you got a good explanation from the cardiologist.

If it's OK with you, C-R, I think I'll stay away from your winds. However, you are above the base threshold for installing a small wind turbine to generate electricity - something to think about.

Greta pictures, Mariposai - Troy doesn't look even close to dead! What was he complaining about??

Eating just half a cookie a day, Evanflein? You have better discipline than I.

4.65 racewalking miles at 4:25 this morning - 30F (where's spring?), with clear skies and a westerly breeze. I woke at 3:45, and decided to lollygag in bed for 15 minutes before getting going. The next time I opened my eyes, it was 4:18, so I had to be quick to stay on schedule. My pacing was a little off this morning, as it almost always is after a rest day. I've never figured why one day off would make such a difference. Dang hip was bothersome again this morning, so I foam-rollered it after stretching, and hope that will help.

Have a greta day, even if it is Tuesday!

Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

Hello....I'm sneaking back in, just in time for the Boston excitment I see!

The hub encouraged me to get out this morning, so I set the alarm and let him boot me out of bed.  3 running/walking miles with the super energized Brinkley.    I also got out both Saturday and Sunday, so hopefully I'm getting back on track with everything.   I have been derailed for far too long.   Now, if I could just find my Garmin!!!

I'm not even going to try to catch up on everything.    I hear the water is fine, so I'm just jumping in!!

Cheers!

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
      It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com

Bill, I'm glad the Pastor's 18-month old didn't have shoes on. We put our kids in shoes too soon, so foot muscles don't have a chance to develop, and we all have more foot problems as a result. Just my opinion...

Oh, he had shoes alright.  Just didn't have them on!  Later, after the service, he was toddling around with 1 shoe on and 1 shoe off.

3.5 recovery paced miles this morning in the heavy fog.  Avg HR 125.  I ran slowly because I'd like to start increasing my weekly mileage and want to do it right.

Bill

"Some are the strong, silent type. You can't put your finger on exactly what it is they bring to the table until you run without them and then you realize that their steadiness fills a hole that leaks energy in their absence." - Kristin Armstrong

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Welcome back Mary (and Brinkley, too)  Glad to hear you're back on the road again.

And it was welcome back to winter temperatures this morining--30° with 10-15 mph breezes and back to the full winter gear.  4 miles and finishing into a pretty sunrise.  9:20 pace felt good and easy.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

coastwalker

Hooray! Mary's back!!

Twocat, here is that recipe:  "The most awesome breakfast cookie ever - and no flour, no sugar, no dairy. 1.5 cups of oats, 2-3 super ripened bananas ,1 cup of unsweetened applesauce, a handful of craisins, and a sprinkle of cinnamon. Just throw everything together, mix it up pretty well, throw it on a baking sheet at 350 for about 35 minutes and then go to town! Great and super healthy~ I'm In, these are great to grab and run, if you have to!"

Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

Mariposai

Hooray hopeful4ever is back! Yeap, the water is deep and clean, just jump right in Wink!

I tell you what, it is so hard to taper when the sun is shining and there are so many birds coming back to town and someone has to welcome them back!!! and so many flowers that are just starting to open up to enjoy! No running in on the schedule, but I may go for a walk after work.

Jay, that looks like one yummie recipe. BTW, I am enjoying my morning mate drink with some of twocat's delicious soda bread, which I made for rhoon phas and his son yesterday.

Spareribs, a dollar fine! Wow, you are not showing any mercy now days. Clown.

Enkie, yes. I am overdue to visit you. I am plotting something for later this month. I will keep you posted.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

Dave59

I enjoyed the reading on here the last couple days.

Great looking plane Troy.

6.1 miles this morning.  Still in the teens around here so I'm still bundling up to go running.  Someday soon I promise to complain about the heat.  On today's run, I saw some gold coins on the road and thought I hit the jackpot, but they were just fake St. Patrick's Day coins.  I should have picked up a couple to use for any potential future forum fines from ribs.

King of PhotoShop

It was fun to see the pics of rhoon, Mariposai and the plane.  I didn't visit the Mariposai household, but I did get a visit from her and Paul when I was in WA on business.  We had a fun evening.

As to the Saint's spider trick, Riblet said not a word. Just got even with her, leaving something scary on her pillow.  My kind of kid.

I want to run 25 miles this week and the only sensible way to do it is to take a day off. So today is the day.  Feels so weird.  Spareribs

Tramps

Nice pics of Mari and Troy yesterday.

Fly-by lunch-time run post; EZ 5.

Oh, and this looks like a great new gel product.

Be safe. Be kind.

maine, I'm sorry to hear your mother in law is now in a dementia facility.  About a year ago, we moved my mother form an independent living facility (with some help coming in) to a dementia facility.  It's hard, but necessary when the time comes.  My mother was not happy initially but, it wasn't long and she was very content in her new situation.  We are much more at ease, knowing she has good care 24/7.  stumpy, it sounds like your medical news is good.  mari and rhoon, great get together and pictures to prove it.  hopeful, it's good to hear from you.

Nice long runs for Holly, evan Tammy, and stumpy.  Good job on the speedwork for Tramps.

This morning, it was in the low to mid 20 and there was some wind.  I got in 8 miles at an 11:04 pace.

A good day and good runs for all.

TomS

Henrun

Oh, and this looks like a great new gel product.

Good for your cardiovascular system-LOL!

Went for a 4 mile run on the Charles in shorts and nearly froze. What happened to spring?

C-R

WTG Mary.

That's the smart way to train Bill.

Wind turbine. I wonder if the neighborhood rules allow. Not so windy today but still only 34. Ick. Oh well it was a good 6.3 today.

I like that recipe Jay. Thanks.

Well done Dave and Tom. More winter warriors.

Well off to the grind again. Cheers.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                          "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Mary is back!  Yea!!!  We missed you.  Thank The Hub for us for pushing you to get started again.

Jay - I saw that recipe on FB and want to give it a try once our bananas ripen.  My co-worker made them the other day and really liked them, too.

And I'll use Jay's post to figure out what's been going on in here the last couple of days (thanks, Jay.)

45 min of core/strength training for me this a.m.  First time in 4 weeks.  I kept it kind of easy so as to not totally kill myself.

I think I'm having a bout of minor Achilles tendonitis, so I've made an appointment with my doc for Thurs for a referral to PT.  I have too much at stake this year to try and fool around with self-healing, and right now I think it's minor enough that there shouldn't be too much of a running inconvenience.  Keep your fingers crossed.

Leslie
                            Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                            -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

janie b good

hi to all... I've been running.  just not posting.  hoping to fix that.  tho, I was down and out with the flu/sinus infection.  glad to be healthy enough to run!

3.3 miles for me on the treadmill.  cold outside!  Forget Romeo....  O Spring, Spring, wherefore art thou Spring?

goodness is its own reward; for more tangible outcomes, you need to try badness.

Marathon Maniac #957

Mary and Janie - glad to see you!  And don't let slow running mean you can't post here - we are a group of friends who happen to run, sometimes, occasionally, regularly, whatever.   We miss you!

6 easy-paced miles for me this morning in 26 degrees.  This is April, hey, what's going on with this?  And Erika, no comment please, we are in southern Ohio, the rules are different here.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."