Masters Running

Fridaily, 6.15.18 (Read 40 times)

coastwalker

Mornin' everyone.

We're halfway done with another month! And I'm glad someone (other than me) is paying attention. We're leaving town today, so today is my first Saturday. (Will that excuse fly?)

Thursday’s workouts:
    RunnerKSA (3 miles)
    Fatozzig (6 morning miles with uphill walking + 2.1 post-work TM miles)
    Tomwhite (65 min HH 3-2s in mid-90s temps)
    Henrun (3 scenic miles in S. Boston + clam chowdah)
    Pfriese (6 up and down miles at Mt. Scott with wildlife sightings)
    Holly (5.4 morning miles in low humidity)
    Falconfixer (3.5 morning miles on good knees

KSA, are you OK? I used to smoke, but I stopped in ’88 and never looked back.

I like the way you delegate, Quickadder!

How’d the Benadryl/coffee balance thingee work out, Fatozzig?

Great photos, Pfriese. And congrats on 42 years with DW.

Steve, you are clearly one of a kind! I’m sure your DW thinks so too. Thanks for the stories, but you didn’t answer my question…

Sound like a great farewell for you, Falconfixer, with some great gifts to remember this crew. Enjoy the flight today, especially the ‘lighthouse leg.’

I got stuff done yesterday and relieved some of the project pressure. But, of course, something else popped up. And we’re leaving town this morning (going to NY), and will be back Monday afternoon. Of course, I’m taking my laptop so I can stay in touch and productive while we're away.

I went 6.4 early RW miles this morning in mist and tree-drip at the end of a little overnight rain.

Have a greta Friday, and big grins and tailwinds to this weekend’s racers.

Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

...should I tell him or does somebody else want to do it??........

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

Go ahead Tom, tell him

Tramps

I'm not saying anything. I'm just glad it's not me. I was worried for a second.

That looks gorgeous, Paul. Neat map, too.

Yowsa, Steve. Those are some tales to tell.

5 comfortable miles this morning.

Be safe. Be kind.

Mike E

MM #5615

Do I need to go home?

Jay-  just say'in.    We might have missed a day.  Like maybe today????

My butt is not bad running, worse sitting and is just annoying.  See the doc again Monday.  Keeping it slow and fairly short.

3.1 this morning.  Hate to complain about the weather this early in the summer (not really even summer...) but the combination of heat and humidity, even in the early morning, is tough.

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

Dave59

Got my longish run in while it was nice out this morning.  8.34 miles. 59°.

I am going to try and work, but I am a bit burned out and may take most the day off.

Marathon Maniac #957

I am going to try and work, but I am a bit burned out and may take most the day off.

Well, after al, it IS Saturday....or is it? 

SteveP -

7 miles for me today in 73-ish degrees.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

wildchild

Carolyn

I was a bit worried about the day when I saw the thread because my 50k is Saturday and I'm still in bed - like one of those bad dreams when you sleep through an exam or something!  I've been checking the weather forecast incessantly, hoping the predicted rain won't be too bad. It says 40% chance, so that means 60% chance it WON'T rain, right?

Stumpy, congrats to DD on her graduation!

Paul, Greta pictures. The Garmin track looks like a spiral shell!

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

SteveP

Did I blackout again?

SteveP

pfriese

Easy 11 mile run on neighborhood streets & park trails this morning. Not nearly as scenic as yesterday's run though.

Paul

...well, he fixed it,,,,,,,,,,don't we feel silly........

guess the

Jay's TimeMachine Theory can be laid to rest

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

Henrun

Did 2 miles on my every other day schedule- but when I returned home and Jay had fixed it I realized to my horror that I had run 2 days in a row. However, I survived.

Too many great comments to quote everyone.

Except I will say that I did not run 2.1 miles on a dreadmill yesterday.  I think that was KSA (?).

The coffee helped yesterday, but I didn't completely get over the Benedryl affect until after lunch.

Have fun at your race tomorrow, Carolyn!

I'm pulling the plug on my July 28 race - SOB.  I gotta get my butt and hammy back under control before I end up in the same position I was last year.  I had a strong talk with myself this morning and told me that my goal is, and has been since I started back, to attempt my first 100 miler next year.  If I don't get things under control now, all that will be in jeopardy.  So there it is.  I put it out there, so it's true.  *sigh*

Okay - Lots to do, I best get to it.  Happy Friday, Friends ~~

Leslie
                              Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                              -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Yeah, that 2.1 miles was mine!  I'll share, though!

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth