Masters Running

Weightloss or MITTH Challenge - Week 1 (Read 387 times)

Marathon Maniac #957

Okay, one week into this and I hopped on the scale to find.... drum roll please... DOWN FOUR LBS from 117 to 113!!! Okay, we all know this is not REAL weightloss, but rather a drop in water weight. Last week I was hormonally challenged, and this week I am not, but still, it also represents some work on my part at evening-nibble-reduction, and my willpower held pretty well during a challenging dinner party on Saturday, too. And on me, 4 lbs is HUGE, and I can button my pants and breathe again. So, the challenge this week will be to hold level with this, and not bounce immediately back up, as is my usual practice. Hope you guys did well.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Down 2 pounds from last Thurs. 156 to 154. My weight often fluctuates a pound or two so I'm not ready to say this is much of an indication of anything. But it is a trend in the right direction. I don't look two pounds lighter. Confused It is what it is. Nice work, Holly. Good luck to the othrs!
      Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM

Renee the dog

132.6 -- same as last week. No closet incidents tihs time. I made a batch of cooikes and ate them, so I'm not complaining about staying the same. Yes Good luck everyone!

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!

I was doing pretty well until yesterday when we had going away treats for a co-worker and our holiday lunch for our group. Alas, I suppose you could say that I'm down a half pound, but with normal weight flucuations, that is hardly worth mentioning. At least I didn't gain. Good work Holly, 4 lbs is amazing when you are so light-weight anyway! evryday...2lbs is 2lbs ...wish it were me...good work. Better luck for me next week...Janet

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

I'm taking a bi-week on weighing in because as Holly would say "I'm hormonally challenged this week" and feeling pretty fat. I did get on the scale Monday and it was down a pound - so I'm hoping that stays true. Yesterday I watched as all my co-worker's ate cake and this morning I stopped at a bakery to buy a couple of donuts for another co-worker. Nothing for me .... no sirree. Keep up the good work everyone!!

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
            It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com

Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Up a pound - couldn't have anything to do with the pitcher of beer and pizza I had last night. Hey - at least it was thin crust. I'm going to do better...I'm going to do better...I'm going to do better

Renee the dog

Up a pound - couldn't have anything to do with the pitcher of beer and pizza I had last night.
                Next time you do that, please invite me!!!! Big grin

Down one pound. Was down 2-1/2, but concert-season-survival carb-loading, coupled with no time or energy to run due to concert mania, took care of that. I'm pleased to have lost an weight, though, since I haven't run since last Friday. Sad Just hope it's not from my muscles wasting away into fat already! Shocked Eliz

flomotioncoaching.com

Mariposai

same as last week Black eye.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

TammyinGP

I'm up a pound also. I haven't run since the 5th and have nibbled more than I usually do, so I was actually expecting something worse.

Tammy

I'm doing the happy dance with Holly - I am down 4lbs from Monday -- I also realize I must have been retaining water weight from my fun weekend but I am happy to see those 4 extra lbs gone already -- now i'm at the weight i've been maintaining but would like to drop from here -- so forward progress all!!

denise

evanflein

144 this week. That's up .5 lb from last week. But on my KR challenge, I'm down 2.5 from week 1 to week 2. Amazing the difference one day can make (we weigh in on Wednesdays there, Thursdays here). Like JLynne, I'm sure dinner last night had nothing to do with it... Big grin ...or the fact that I found out my local bakery (right next to the gym by work) makes an awesome blue cheese/walnut/sourdough bread on Wednesdays... I enjoyed every bite.

#artbydmcbride

2 Christmas pizza feasts and one work related soiree' and I am up another pound. This is not going well.

Runners run

Renee the dog

I find that I have whole different eating habits this time of year. I think, in addition to the tempations, the lack of sun had an effect on me too. It's 3 pm here, raining, and even if it had been sunny, our sun will get cut off about now by the marine layer. It happens starting in Nov. So our indoor lights start to go on at this time. I need more food just to have the energy to function, it seems. Pretty much, I survive the month of December on booze, sugar and cheese. And coffee. By mid- to late-January, we have sun for more hours, even though it should be the same as Nov. I find it easy to turn a corner and eat healthier at this time. BUT, I knew that getting into this, so I will just plow ahead (and probably not make cookies again until much closer to when guests are arriving!).

Nono - at least your got your food groups in the right order! But - you forgot a biggy for me - french fries with lots of salt!