Masters Running

Winter running tights recomendations (Read 33 times)

Mariposai

I am looking for a good sub 20F running tights. The one I have are over a decade old and they just don't keep me warm anymore.

Any suggestions?

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

an amazing likeness

Sporthill.  They make fantastic quality pants and tights. Something for every temp and style of pants or tights. Quality is top-notch. I'm a huge fan.

mta:  Well, let me at least be clear that I've don't have any Sporthill tights -- just the running and XC skiing pants. On the coldest runs (below 0F) I use a pair of Nike tights under Sporthill pants.

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

flats

turtle runner eximious

For research, go to

http://www.runningwarehouse.com/catpage-WRPANT.html

Under the Options pull down, you can search by temperature. I've had good luck researching apparel there. I think I have UA and Saucony winter-type tights. I wore one of them this morning (30F, windchill at 20F), and felt just fine

Michael

Singer who runs a smidge

Sugoi subzero tights are the bomb.  I can't keep my butt warm in the winter, but these tights combined with a little sunshine will almost do the trick!

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Head Procrastinator

Sugoi subzero tights are the bomb.  I can't keep my butt warm in the winter, but these tights combined with a little sunshine will almost do the trick!

Which are probably riding tights? I have some Pearl Izumi cycling tights that I can hardly ever wear here they are so warm.

They do NOT have chamois in them. Check the local bike shop.

~ My Profile~ The avatar is happy BOC wootcats
            stumpy77

Trails are hard!

It seems that these are going out of stock, but I have a pair (of men's version) and they work very nicely at 20° and down.  Wind pants over them at 4° overheated me earlier this winter.

http://onemoremile.net/collections/tights-not-so-tights-and-skirts/products/womens-wick-lite-micro-fleece-not-so-tights?variant=9256171205

Since this seems to be one of the very few  places I've found tall tights, I'll lightly hijack Mari's thread and ask if any one knows of tall tights?  already looked at the running wearhouse link so kindly provided without any luck.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

Head Procrastinator

https://smile.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_i_6_26?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=pearl+izumi+thermal+tights+womens&sprefix=pearl+izumi+thermal+tights%2Caps%2C174&crid=1DZSL7XZFISO3

~ My Profile~ The avatar is happy BOC wootcats

Marathon Maniac #957

It seems that these are going out of stock, but I have a pair (of men's version) and they work very nicely at 20° and down.  Wind pants over them at 4° overheated me earlier this winter.

http://onemoremile.net/collections/tights-not-so-tights-and-skirts/products/womens-wick-lite-micro-fleece-not-so-tights?variant=9256171205

Since this seems to be one of the very few  places I've found tall tights, I'll lightly hijack Mari's thread and ask if any one knows of tall tights?  already looked at the running wearhouse link so kindly provided without any luck.

For $14.99, I can't resist buying a pair.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Marathon Maniac #957

Usually, when it is below 18 degrees F, I wear my Sugoi tights with fleece yoga pants over them.  Works pretty well.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Mariposai

For $14.99, I can't resist buying a pair.

I did the same. Smile

I have ordered the Sugoi Sub zero. I sure hope it gets here soon. Thanks for your suggestions.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Hope you both like them.  I wore mine this morning at 18F and was nice and toasty.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.