Masters Running

Thurs - 11/29....time is flying by (Read 382 times)

Slo

I'm glad you said it was Tet else I would have never guessed!

Look who made it in the Seattle Times! Our own Taper Boy, aka tetsujin wearing his Japanese maniac uniform.

I'm sure the Japanese writing on the back of Tet's Jacket says:  "I may be barefoot, but I'm ahead of you!"

Bill

"Some are the strong, silent type. You can't put your finger on exactly what it is they bring to the table until you run without them and then you realize that their steadiness fills a hole that leaks energy in their absence." - Kristin Armstrong

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

thanks posie. That's nice. Adopted in the Japanese writing system centuries ago, it's the Chinese character for "run."  The pink cap and jinbei happy-coat running jacket are from the Japan 100-Marathon Joyful Running Club and the straw waraji sandals are the same as worn by the Mt. Heian Marathon Monks on their thousand-day runs.  No wonder marathons so much fun.

so byll, are you going to keep tri'ing?

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

Dave59

I know the Bayshore FE has gone by the wayside, but anyone still interested in the race should know that registration starts on 12/1 at 8:00am.  The half fills up in a couple hours and the marathon not much longer. 

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

Good morning to all my new Masters peeps.

Today I made it out to Bertha but alas I just did not have the energy or motivation to tackle that former garbage dump. So I circled her twice and a bit for a total of 4.1 miles. I am on the afternoon shift and am feeling the effects of lack of sleep and so am going to take the next couple days off of running (and if work allows me, from there as well but that isn't very likely, damned slave drivers and bank account). 

I have only raced two ultras thus far and have come to the conclusion that we are all nuts. I noticed that we all seem to have our "outfit" for ultras. I have only raced two ultras and inadvertently gave myself one as well while doing my second and will make it a tradition including at my next one in October. If I can figure out how to load a picture I shall show mine. (since someone said they like pics)

Lori

*it's Bertha or me. My money is on me.*

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**

King of PhotoShop

Can't believe all those marathoners headed to the right and Tet is on his way to that McDonald's.

Plan was 5 easy today after that hill workout and I was glad to see that I had 4 miles in me and then I could feel that pleasant tiredness in my quads that let me know yesterday's workout was a good one.  There is nothing better than a hill workout; so much safer than the track.  Spareribs

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

I am still trying to figure this out. I am computer illiterate. But here is that photo. sorry it is so huge. It was so cold that night that I bundled myself up in a poncho that somehow I thought to bring. Now I think I started a tradition with myself. I shall have to wear it at some point during every ultra from now on.

Lori

*it's Bertha or me. My money is on me.*

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**

TammyinGP

I would know that was Tet anywhere. the hat, pink jacket and chinese word aside, I recognize those calves Wink

Well, I was bad enough trying to do any personal shout-outs before, and now I can see I'll be even worse. Even after 6 yrs of posting with these folks, I still have a hard time once inawhile with names.

It's good to see you Billger. I just about sent you a message yesterday asking where you've been, but then I thought maybe you have been around and I've just missed you since I'm not always a daily poster.

It's raining so hard here it still looks like it's about 7:00 a.m. outside. I guess it's a good day to just warm up with my hot coffee, work away and maybe bake something tonight.

Tammy

Easy 4.5 this a.m. at 7:40 pace.Running a local 5k sat.that all proceeds go twards purchasing gas cards etc. for cancer patients.A cause near and dear to me.

Everyday is a good day for a run!

It's good to see you Billger. I just about sent you a message yesterday asking where you've been, but then I thought maybe you have been around and I've just missed you since I'm not always a daily poster.

Thanks Tammy.  I've been lurking but I have been really Lazy lately and haven't done much of any training.  So rather than catch all the abuse for not working out I've not been posting.

And yes Tet.  I'm going to continue with the Triathlon training.  Just not this week (or month, or year.)  Big grin

Newbies:  don't let these people fool you.  They can be ruthless.  See how they abuse my handle?  Shameful.

Bill

"Some are the strong, silent type. You can't put your finger on exactly what it is they bring to the table until you run without them and then you realize that their steadiness fills a hole that leaks energy in their absence." - Kristin Armstrong

TammyinGP

Thanks Tammy.  I've been lurking but I have been really Lazy lately and haven't done much of any training.  So rather than catch all the abuse for not working out I've not been posting.

And yes Tet.  I'm going to continue with the Triathlon training.  Just not this week (or month, or year.)  Big grin

Newbies:  don't let these people fool you.  They can be ruthless.  See how they abuse my handle?  Shameful.

Bill

same here. not running much, so really don't have much to contribute. although i'd happily contribute the 8 lbs i gained from not running much. . .

I don't even think I'll hit 700 miles this year. but 2013 will be different. have a spring marathon to focus on, will help out with the middle school track team in the spring when i'm able to, so that'll keep me motivated also.

Tammy

stealth.rnr

She laughs at me......

Lori, I love it!

For my one FM I wore my favorite running shirt. So what if it was from a 5K. It went well with my 'first time marathoner' bib. Big grin

Probably a rest day for me. I'll run tomorrow.

Nice to see Mr. Bill pop in.

You look so good in pink, Tet! And what well-shaped calves you have Smile

BerthaSlayer - love the poncho. Aren't races all about making a fashion statement?

Ouch! Shrunk half an inch and gained 3 pounds since last year's physical. I think I need to start that weight thread back up.....

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Me too bertha. Maybe you can find some Tarahumara huarache sandals too though.
                              I think Baboon’s apparent mickey mouse hat avatar will fit in with PBJ’s joker hat and, you know, mariposai wears butterfly wings sometimes too. 
                              Thanks tammy and jeanne. However, except for tammy in the hottub,

I’ve never seen them from behind before either.  Need to figure out how to make them fast.

thanks ribs but I think the "M" is the "marathon" side of the road  vs. the half mary on the other side

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

Tammy!  I zeroed in on those calves of Tet's too, and said, that's him!

3.3 piddly miles this morning, but I haven't run two days in a row in awhile.  There was a nice gentle rain and a warm wind (51F).  Did I mention it was nice?  It was, especially that temperature when it is almost December.

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."