Masters Running

Monday's Daily, 1.27.14 (Read 32 times)

coastwalker

Mornin' everyone!

Good coaching strategy, Ribs.

Happy belated birthday, TomW! I hope the Claireparty was sensational!

You made the right call, Mike, and DW will get over it - especially if the pros didn't track any snow/dirt inside...

Big CONGRATS! to Patrick, C-R!

Thanks for the tail tale, AD.

We went to a dinner party on Saturday that turned out to be a 5+ hour affair with incredible food, great drinks, and lots of talking and laughing. The hostess finally kicked us out at about 11:30. I did wake up at 4 on Sunday morning, but A) 4 hours just wasn't enough sleep and B) the wind was howling, and I had no interest in going out to fight it, so I went back to sleep for another hour or so before starting my day. Sunday we bought crown molding for our on-going 'guest house' remodeling project, did some other errands/priojects, and got ready for our neighbors who were coming for dinner. We had a great time with them, relaxing in front of the wood stove, and then enjoying pan-seared scallops, rice and onions with a little plum rum jam, and a melange of beets, carrots, and sugar snaps. Dessert was brownies and ice cream. As we were cleaning up after the neighbors left for home, we had only luke-warm water. It was too late to do anything about it last night, so this morning, instead of going for a workout, I went to the basement to check over everything from the hot water heater to the well pump filters (trying to leave no stone unturned, as it were). Everything checked out OK, and I had a good hot shower afterward, so I have no idea what happened to the hot water last night. So it goes...

Have a greta Monday!

Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

Dave59

Lots of cool stuff and pictures over the weekend.  Consider this the lazy man's shout out to whoever posted. 

I ran 4 on the basement treadmill.  I am weird and I enjoy this rough winter for some things.  I went for a walk last night and everything is so clean, sparkling and beautiful looking.  We have probably 2+ feet of snow built up and not melting because of the cold.  The drifts are higher and where people have shoveled the sidewalks it is higher.  Everything is pure white, including the roads.

But, I don't especially like to run when it is this cold (below 0° ).  So that's why I was down in the basement running on the treadmill.

Tallahassee forecast for Sunday: Low 58°, High 74°, 70% of rain and possible thunderstorms. 

...mornin' guys//............enjoyed reading tramps' Lyrical Story of Reading Tracks in the Snow......

when my brother and I

used

to trap and skin,

we  Read ''Scat''.................just kinda hard to make THAT sound Lyrical

musta

had a Good time with Claire,

I can barely Walk this morning

......................good running guys................ArcticBlast coming thru this afternoon

,,,,,,,,,,,,,,try to look busy

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

Henrun

Finally got in 2 very short runs in Costa Rica after several days of hiking in the rain forests,etc. Had a great tour of this beautiful country. Unfortunately we have to return to the cold tomorrow. Guess we'll have to squeeze in another warm weather short trip this winter (I hope).

Marathon Maniac #957

musta

had a Good time with Claire,

I can barely Walk this morning

Mariposai and Jay are making me hungry....

No run for me today, just 40 minutes or so of weights and core watching The Graham Norton Show.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

King of PhotoShop

Quick post:  3.4 walk/jog with RP. Mid-30's but very windy.  Hate cold wind.  Spareribs

TammyinGP

I will go back and skim the weekend dailies. I always love seeing beautiful pics and I read that had several over the wknd!

We had such a gorgeous wknd here. I know those of you are partially frozen to death, don't want to hear this, but we enjoyed unseasonal, and record breaking temps, in the mid 60's to even low 70's for the last 3 days. While it was nice, it's also not good. We have little to no snow pack and have already had our first wildfire of the year, which shouldn't happen until about June or July!  But we do have rain in the forecast the remainder of the week, so hopefully we'll get even more than predicted.

But since today should be dry, albeit cooler, I will try to take advantage of that and run on my lunch hour. I'm only up to 13.2 for month after coming back from my injury, but hoping to double that and maybe run a full marathon as my January total mileage.

Tammy

TammyinGP

oh my Leslie - loved those pics and now I think I definitely want to come down for that race next year! I know quite a few local runners who always do it, but seeing the pics just sealed the deal for me!

Lots of great pics shared over the wknd, although most of the other ones, just make me want to turn up my space heater a notch! brrr!!!  Was Avenger Doggie trying to lose Honey in a snowbank?

and belated bday wishes to Tom! When my son was in his Pirates of the Caribbean phase, one of this bday parties was a pirate theme. Here's the cake I made for him, which I'm sure he'd love to share with you!

Tammy

...thanks tammy//.............Ironically it's also the number of miles I ran last year..........

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

King of PhotoShop

I don't post every DMN article here, as most of them concern local stuff which is of no interest to this group.  But today I posted a quiz about the Boston Marathon and I'm giving away free socks, so you might enjoy having a look:

http://runningblog.dallasnews.com/2014/01/take-spareribs-boston-marathon-quiz-and-win-a-free-pair-of-feetures-socks.html/

Spareribs

C-R

I like the cake pictures. Not on my diet unfortunately.

Very nice Jay.

74 and rain ain't so bad. I had a thought about going after my more miles than degrees badge today. Nope. took garbage cans to curb and thought the wind cut me in half. Treadmill and evening track with kiddo will have to do.

Glad someone is having great temps tammy. Enjoy.

My final wine - I am so over Winter already.

Ok I'm off to find some cheese.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                        "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Mike E

MM #5615

Hello everybody!

I'll join you, C-R.  I am getting really sick of this winter, too.  We had a high of 8 below, today.  It's supposed to drop to 20 below by morning.  Okay--pass the cheese...

Another run on the treadmill.  1.5 miles in 12:24...4 x 1.5 miles at a 6:40 pace with a .5 mile recovery between each at an 8:13 pace...then another 1.5 miles in 12:19 for a total of 10.5 miles in 1:07:00.

Okay...I'm done for the day.  See ya.

evanflein

Well, we had pretty nice temperatures today, gorgeous sunshine, and I had absolutely no time to go out and enjoy it. Seemed to go from one "crisis" to the next today. Nothing serious or bad, just "urgent" "gotta have it by end of the day" kind of stuff. Unfortunately, one of those latter category things didn't get done. Oh well.

I'm always sick of winter by this time, but I really can't complain since this has been an incredibly (and unusually so) warm January. We'll cool off over this week though, and could see the real cold stuff return within a couple weeks. That probably means most of you will return to milder or more normal temperatures soon. Hang in there!

Mariposai

My whine...

why do people think that smashing someone's car window to break is a good idea or it is fun?

arrrhhh I had the car parked at the High School gym tonight during Winter Wellness, when I came back out the car window was shuttered...

Now what to do??

---called DH several times on the home and cell phone, no answer....

... walked home not knowing what to do...do I call the police? do I just drive the car back home?(it is only half a mile), but on my gym shorts and short sleeve shirt that half mile hurt.

My DH normally does not answer the phone call in the house (hahah, he thinks all the home phone calls are for me, which it is 99.9% true all the time), but the few times it is not, it sure bugs me that he does not answer the home phone and he does not carry his cell with him.

Anyway, we drove together in the other car, we drove the car home, now we will need to get the window repaired...it is a good thing that we drive very, very old cars (I dislike car payments, so we drive our cars until they are antiques), so repairing them is not that big of a deal....but it is still an expense I was not planning to have at this point and there goes another marathon entrance fee to cover other expenses.

but overall I should not complain..it could have been worse.

4 miles tonight plus an hour and a half of XT during winter wellness, a walk home and then a bowl of spaghetti yeah!!!

Life is good!!!!

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

SteveP

That's awful nancy. 

Hi Shipo!

SteveP