Masters Running

JULY Challenge (Read 52 times)

Marathon Maniac #957

So, let's make July a Shoulders and Arms month.  Feel free to chime in with suggestions.  For me, I will probably alternate from shoulders to biceps to triceps, like this:

Day 1 - lateral raises

Day 2 - dumbbell curls

Day 3 - triceps extensions

Today I did three sets of 15 lateral raises with 10-lb dumbbells.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Mike E

MM #5615

Thanks Holly--sounds good.  Although, I think I'll work biceps and triceps on the same day, then I'll do shoulders, the next...and I'll go real light for the first two weeks because of the marathon coming up.  After that, I'll work all three on the same day and throw in some planks for the other day.  Does that meet the requirements of the challenge?

Marathon Maniac #957

Mike - it's all pretty open for interpretation here. No real rules, just try to aim at working the assorted muscle groups a little extra for July.  I know you will lead the way, because I think you are probably the most fit among us....Smile

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Mike E

MM #5615

Well, I don't know about that but, thanks for letting me do my own thing...which was...

3 x 12 alternating dumbbell curls (10 pounders) and 3 x 15 triceps extensions (20 pounds)

TammyinGP

Thanks for jumping in and saving the Monthly Challenges, Holly!!

I just lacked the motivation and desire to find a new challenge for July, so I appreciate your willingness to step in.

I'll figure something out for August though.

Tammy

Mike E

MM #5615

3 x 15 lateral raises with 8 pound dumbbells

Marathon Maniac #957

Tammy - August may be time to head back to core work. Always good to revisit that regularly.

3 x 15 dumbbell curls with 10-lb weights yesterday

3 x 15 triceps extensions with 10-lb weights today

Mike E

MM #5615

3 x 12 dumbbell curls and 3 x 15 triceps extensions

Mariposai

dumbell curls,  triceps kickbacks, one arm rows, and head press (3x15 with 10 pounds)

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

Mike E

MM #5615

3 x 15 lateral raises

Marathon Maniac #957

Mike E

MM #5615

3x12 dumbbell curls and 3x15 triceps extensions

Marathon Maniac #957

3 x 15 dumbbell curls for yesterday  with 10 lb weights

3 x 15 triceps extensions today with 10 lb weights

Mike E

MM #5615

I'm up north at my DD's cabin, so I did 3x15 shoulder extensions with a half jug of milk and a bottle of Captain Morgan.
                              Mariposai

I'm up north at my DD's cabin, so I did 3x15 shoulder extensions with a half jug of milk and a bottle of Captain Morgan.

Now, THIS is dedication!!

I was in the wilderness, I could have lifted some rocks and do some biceps curls, but I did not! Joking

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard