JULY Challenge (Read 52 times)

Mike E

MM #5615

3x12 curls and 3x15 triceps extensions and the rest of my weights workout

Marathon Maniac #957

3x12 curls and 3x15 triceps extensions and the rest of my weights workout

Me, too!  Except 3 x 15 curls.

I think I'm stalking you....

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

TammyinGP

just a heads up that I'll be heading up the August Challenge and it will involve core work. (is that groans or excitement I hear?? Joking . . . )

I'm out of town/offline M-W though. Should be back online Wed evening sometime and I'll get the new challenge thread set up then. Just don't want anyone thinking I dropped the ball or am slacking off on the Aug challenge if you don't see it set up by next Tue or Wed. It'll be up in time for everyone to join in on Thursday Aug 1st!   Wink

Tammy

Mike E

MM #5615

oooh this is exciting
          Mike E

MM #5615

3x15 lateral raises

Mike E

MM #5615

3x12 curls and 2x15 triceps extensions

Holly--when I used to be into weightlifting...many, many years ago...I read that to maintain the balance between biceps and triceps that you should do more reps for you triceps than your biceps...that's why I do 12 reps of curls and 15 reps of triceps extensions.  Not that it really matters a whole lot but the next time you find yourself training for a bodybuilding contest...you'll know...

Mike E

MM #5615

3 x 15 lateral raises

Marathon Maniac #957

3 x 15 lateral raises yesterday

3 x 15 dumbbell curls and triceps extensions today.

Mike - does that mean you are supposed to use the same weights for triceps extensions and for dumbbell curls as well?

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Mike E

MM #5615

No, I don't think so. I know I don't.

Marathon Maniac #957

So, if you do fewer reps on the dumbbell curls, but use heavier weights, it comes out even, right?  But if you use the same weights, you can do the same reps?

Mike E

MM #5615

I'll have to look that up and get back to you.
                        Mike E

MM #5615

3 x 12 curls and 3 x 15 triceps extensions.

I looked real quick in my books to see if I could find where it talks about that but couldn't...I'll look more another day.  But as far as weight goes...I don't really think weight factors into it.  I'm doing my curls with a bent curling bar with a total of 25 pounds (although, when I do alternating dumbbell curls, I use 20 pounders...hmmm...interesting) and I do my triceps extensions with a rope on a pulley apparatus and I only do that with 15 pounds.  If I remember correctly, though, it was all about reps....of course, I could be full of beans...

Mike E

MM #5615

3 x 15 lateral raises

Mike E

MM #5615

3x12 curls and 3x15 triceps extensions.

Marathon Maniac #957

Mike, truly you are an inspiration!  I know you are super busy, but you still keep your commitment to a challenge.  Great job!