Masters Running

I'm starting the daily???? (Read 406 times)

wow -- where are you all?  this is very strange??   feel like i'm in an alter universe or something - lol

will start the day off (i think)  with my 9 mile run this morning ...... was a hosted MVS run at a couple's house who actually were the founders of our running group and they are still a major part of the glue that holds us together!!

great run with lots of great company on the road and back at the house!!

now time to nap before work tonight!!

Steve great pic from yesterday!!

have an awesome sunday friends!!

denise

I was also wondering where everybody went to.  I am just hanging around waiting for things to cook and arrive for the engagement party for a friend of ours from the local running club.  DW is out, doing her usual thing, having a panic attack!  Glad she is out of the house running around and not yelling at me! 

Steve P. fun pic!

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

Just back from an easy 8.6 in about 1:15:00...I'd like to work a bit then catch the second half of the Cowboy/Viking game.

Thanks for the note, Tramps.

Walt

Just a drive-by to say I'm still here.

Every time I think that things are settling down and I can start getting a consistent training schedule going again, something else happens.  I've been sick since dear-old-dad died on New Year's Eve, and my running was somewhat sporadic, especially that first week after the funeral. I was starting to get back into it, and then Wednesday I had an especially nasty coughing attack and ended up straining a chest wall muscle or cracking a rib or something.   Now that's painful!  Anyhoo, it's getting better now, and I was able to get out for a 15 mile run yesterday.  A little discomfort during the run, but it was doable.  The plan is for it to be much better by the time we leave for a few days of skiing next Saturday. We have big plans to just relax and enjoy the skiing and scenery at Tahoe.

But meanwhile,  WRFB and I are both putting in a lot of hours at work, and it's been hard to find time to follow the daily, let alone post anything.  We'll stop by when we get a chance to check in on you all.

Have a great day everyone.

aka Mrs. WillRunForBeer, MD, USA

Marathoning, the triumph of desire over reason

Wow, it's the middle of the afternoon and only a few posts.  Everyone must be out on a long run or putting in extra time at church today.  Steve, nice race with Tag and great picture to verify it.  Twocat, that's neat your wife committed herself to two halfs.  deez, you have some good friends to give you a Trek tri bike.

Nice long runs for aamos and PDR (coming back from feeling bad).

This morning, it was in the mid 20s and there was a little wind.  I stayed on the paved roads which are clear of ice.  I got in 6 miles in a little under an hour for a 9:57 pace.

A good day and good runs for all.

TomS

I too was wondering what happened to the usual bunch of overachievers, but now I see they are coming out.

Denise, NINE miles!  Wow! And work tonight ! Poor baby. Have fun w/ that new bike!

Twocat - an engagement party at your HOUSE?  That would put me in a panic attack for sure. Have fun!

Walt, nice run!

Mrs. WRFB - a 15 miler after being so sick!  A ski trip....how wonderful.  You deserve it. 

I just did a teeny 4.5 mile run this morning in the gently falling rain, with temps in the high 40's.  It was a heat wave after what we've been having.  

Now off to see Blindside w/ friends.

Marathon Maniac #957

Good Afternoon!

Deez – thanks for starting us out today, and enjoy your nap.

PDR – that sounds painful!  Glad you’re going to get some time to relax and have fun. 

Erika - I hope your run went well.

My run today was mostly a write-off.  18 miles was the plan, but I ended up quitting at 15 miles.  36° should have made it nice.  It wasn’t raining when I started, but the forecast said it would start within an hour, so I dressed for rain in my shell and hat with fleece band, but it didn’t end up raining after all.  The plus side of the run is that I got the layers right, wasn’t cold, and I decided that I like my shell (doesn’t get much wear since I wimp out on rainy runs a lot). 

But I had a nagging headache all through the run, ended up swinging by the house after 12.25 miles (ave 9:53) to take some ibuprophen, and was just in time to take a phone call from DH saying he had locked his keys in the car at the carwash across town.  So, by the time I took him his keys and came back, I was stiffening up and wasn’t in the mood to run anymore.  I hopped on the TM for 2.75 more miles, then gave up.  No energy, no willpower today.  I have a little wiggle-room in my training plan, though, so I will switch out next week’s LR with today, and do 18 next week, so instead of doing 18, 15, 20 mile LRs, I will do 15, 18, 20 miles.

Early last evening I took a 5mg Flexoral for some neck pain I’ve been having.  I’ve been grinding my teeth at night lately (stress related - I have a history of this cropping up now and again), causing neck pain and headaches, and my doctor said to try this, but I don’t like the way it made me feel, and am wondering if that had to do with this morning’s lack of energy and headache.  I think I’ll just stick with the stretches he gave me to do instead.

17 push-ups today

Off to the kitchen now to make-ahead some dinners for this week, starting with fresh pico de gallo and carnitas for tomorrow.

Happy Sunday!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

SteveP

It's good to see you PDR.

As a feloow Michiganian, Tom, your run today sounds nice

(((((Holly))))) Flexoral and running don't mix.

Rest day...No push ups.

Tag was on the front page of Sunday's Traverse City Record Eagle. When it's availabe on line, I'll post the link. I'm so proud of him.

SteveP

TammyinGP

PDR, it's good to see you again. You do sound incredibly busy these days, so that vacation will be wonderful for you guys!

Timbo, it was good to read your update yesterday. I'm glad you are not compromising your self-worth for this job. I know how much you'd like to be working so I hope he changes his tune and meets your demands . . . and if he does, then I hope he truly follows through with his commitment.

great pic of  the BatDog! You're looking good there too Steve! But we all know the real draw to the newspaper pic

I had a very hilly 10K race yesterday. Certainly not PR material but I did get a course PR for me. I took almost 2 min off my time from last year. Just returned from 7 miles of hills. The first 2 miles or so were dry, the rest were cold and rainy.

I missed the Vikes game but now will have to watch highlights. I heard there were some pretty amazing plays! I'm a Vikes fan, so was happy to see that final score when I returned from my run!

Tammy

Renee the dog

I had a very hilly 10K race yesterday. Certainly not PR material but I did get a course PR for me. I took almost 2 min off my time from last year. Just returned from 7 miles of hills. The first 2 miles or so were dry, the rest were cold and rainy.

Tammy, WHOO HOO!!!

4 miles for me -- 2 outside, then came back to do my short hill sprints inside.  Boardwalk ramps were too slick to get them done outside.

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!

What!  No word from Mary's virtual wine & chocolate party on Monday, Tuesday, I guess what happens at  Mary's virtual party stays at Mary's   I wonder if that's why the daily was so slow today.

Club run 6 miles easy. Beat the rain by 20 minutes  Afternoon spent painting DS's basement walls. 

Twocat awesome that DW is signed up for 2 half's, maybe someday you can run with her

Steve nice pic & front page too!   I got beat by a bassett hound on Thanksgiving

Tammy very good race yesterday then way to show your dedication by missing the vikes game to run

Posting my New Years Day run I'm wearing yellow jacket & red cap DW has gray shirt & we are together mid pack finished in 30:20-30:22 Link below ( hopefully )

<object style="height: 344px; width: 425px"><param name="movie" value=" <param'>http://www.youtube.com/v/WdVhUaDVGaw"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/WdVhUaDVGaw" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="425" height="344"></object>

Courage ! Do one brave thing today...then run like hell.

Marathon Maniac #957

Steve - I meant to tell you, I love that picture on yesterday"s daily!

Tammy - great job, and in cold and rain!

Sarge - the same to you and your DW!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Mariposai

It is so great to see you PDR here today. I sure can sympathize about being so busy that you almost feel guilty posting because you can't really comment on anyone's hard work or lives' happenings. But ohh well...this also shall pass and you and Lou will be back to a more relaxed stage in life to post more often again. Enjoy Lake Tahoe. The snow is good, I heard.

Tammy you are the girl!!!! congrats on your Huge PR!!!! on a hilly course that is!

I think I am going to fly to Holly's house for appetizers and then to twocat's for left over party goodies. Do you have any margarita mixing?.Man, after my run today I am ready for some.

We got some new snow last night, but the warm weather today turn all the new snow into slush. I waited until noon to go to run hoping that the slush would melt more, but no such luck. 12 miles in the slush to the next town and back. 6 miles easy then miles 1 mile slightly faster, 2 miles slow, 1 mile slightly faster, 1 mile slow, 1 mile at MP which turn out to be at around 9:15. It started raining at about mile 7 and I was soaked and wet by the time I got back home, even though I wore warm clothes I was shivering towards the end of the run. Hard run considering that my legs were still tired from all that skiing I did yesterday.

Great 9 miler deez4bosy.

Holly, don't worry about not putting in the miles this week. With your awesome training plan you will still rock Boston.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

Yes I gotta say that photo of Tag? is awesome, and his owner is not too bad either.

{{{PDR}}}

Tammy, Congrats on the PR! 2 minutes on a 10K is pretty big.

Holly, some days you got it, somedays you don't.  Sounds like you tried hard to make it work but bigger things were working against you.

Mariposai, thank you so much for thinking about me, it's been a rough road since last March. {{{}}}

No slush to deal with, but dusky lighting so I put on my Nathan vest (since I'd be running with traffic in the bike lane for awhile), and I did an easy 2 mile recovery run.  2 miles is easy, and fun.

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Guess it is slow today--still the first page. 

Steve--very photogenic.  black flatters both of you.

4.3 miles for me today--really nice day, about 32º.  nothing hurt during or after, so I was really happy.  I've now already done more miles than Nov.   Tomorrow I go to my free training assesment at the gym so I can try not to hurt myself on all the machines.  Tried several yesterday on the "weak as a kitten" setting.  I knew I was out of shape, but didn't realize quit how far.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.