Masters Running

Wednesday 2/13/19 (Read 42 times)

SteveP

Bioguy checks in.

Runner KSA 5.3 on the mill.

CR has another fiver.

Coastwalker has 6.3

Tramps is obeying rule #1.

Tom White checks in with a link for a friend. A raining hour of HH with another friend.

Mrrun has 45 minutes on the beach.

Henrun puts in 3.2 on the road.

Tetsujin209 cross trains in the snow.

Deez4boyz reports a number of runs.

AnneB shares a picture of Gibson and 3 miles on the treadmill.

Rochrunner rides the crosstrainer for 13 miles.

Fatozzig re-evaluates her PT and office mess.

HollyS 4.4 on the treadmill.

Joe618 has meetings.

MikeE is railroaded across the border. 12 on the mill.

Dnaff walks the dog and shovels.

Evanflein checks in.

Wildchild avoids a mountain lion for 5.

Surly Bill has 5.6 miles.

Falconfixer has 6 uphill on the treadmill.

TwoCat gets published! It is a big deal.

Evanflein has 5.3 on the treadmill. She checks for Wilma Wonka.

I had 4.5 on the treadmill. A lot of lifting at work. (Bonus). An hour and a half behind the snowblower. Time is an issue today.. Hopefully I did not miss anyone who posted.

SteveP

Marathon Maniac #957

Twocat - well done!

Erika - I checked as well, and Jlynne has deactivated her FB account. I hope she is okay...

Winds were howling around the house all night, gusts up to 45mph apparently.  I am going to hop on the TM...

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Thanks, Steve.   3.5 treadmill miles this morning.  Going to the Ryman tonight to see Brothers Osborne for husband's birthday present (2/15) so not sure I'll get another workout in today. 

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

Joe618

Morning, all!!   Wonderful summary, Steve.   Thank you.

Twocat, that's a big deal...way to persevere and get the work published.  Very happy for you.

Mike, nice adjustment on your Hansonian efforts.   Your GD sure played well!  OT games are tense and great to win.    You and Falcon are managing to run fast on treadmills.   I am in awe.   See below.

Bill, cool to follow your efforts to go sub 20 5K.

Holly noted already the winds in this area this morning...it was icy and windy and gnarly out this morning here as well, so I did not try to do an interval workout on icy streets in a stiff, frigid wind.   Came to work instead and made peace with the treadmill.   Got a total of 5.1 miles in (but not fast).   Made it more berable by breaking it in half and doing stairs for about 10 minutes.   Multiple sets of Tet-inspired counting of 56 steps.

Got a nice text from my track-team grandson...they have started official practices and had 400m trials last night, indoors.   He did his first ever, flat out 400m run in 1:32.   I was pleased to hear that...the kid is only learning how to run and pace and from the work I've done with him, I would have guessed he'd have had a problem getting thru 400 in less than 2 minutes.   He's staying with it and keeps talking about himself as a "distance guy".   Mike and I are walking similar athletic paths with our grandkids.   We're blessed.

Rock the day, folks.

________

I have nothing particularly clever or profound to add as a tag to each message...I just like to run.   

Dave59

It's a long story but a project at work blasted into full existence yesterday. Kind of like the Big Bang 15 billion years ago. I have 60 days to finish it, starting yesterday, I don't have any technical details, and I don't know where to get them. A message sent this morning to my manager, the project manager, and the head of IT for the company has not yet been responded too.

The project could cause me to cancel our usual Spring Break trip to Florida to watch the grandgirls.  (But, it turns out that the Florida family is going to Disney World for at least part of Spring Break so it isn't important that we come down and help watch the kids. I found that out last night.)

I had stuff packed so I could stop at the gym on the way home from work yesterday, but I skipped that, came straight home, ate too much, and went to bed sick to my stomach. 

This morning was an easy 3.1 at the park. Heavy winds last night caused the park roads to be covered with branches. I was wearing my super lightweight but not so bright headlamp and I tripped on a couple branches. I didn't fall. Just a few stumbles. The larger branches I stopped and tossed to tossed to the side. The road is closed to vehicles in the winter but I cleared them for other runners and walkers.  (Not all of whom wear a headlamp so I don't know how they would see the branches at all. We had that discussion here not too long ago.)

Joe- that's really a good 400 time for his first one!  I'm impressed.

Dave- I hope you get some information and that the project falls into place and doesn't screw up all your plans!

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

Marathon Maniac #957

Mike - why do you not have a snowblower when you live in MN?

Dave - that stresses me out just thinking about it.

I got in 5 miles on the TM this morning watching an episode of Bull.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

spacityrunner

I swear we are related.  Exactly how I would of handled it all 

I had stuff packed so I could stop at the gym on the way home from work yesterday, but I skipped that, came straight home, ate too much, and went to bed sick to my stomach. 

Trails Rock!

coastwalker

Mornin' everyone.

Congrats on getting published, Twocat - great work!

You're GS is really getting into this, Joe - congrats to him, and to you as well for helping him along.

Strange to have a project with no details, eh, Dave? But I suppose they don't want you to just make it up as you go along.

Tet, coastal NH (not the interior, that Tramps was referring to) usually gets around 35-50" of snow each winter. This year, we've had about 5-6 inches, including the 3" we got last night before the rain started. A Boston news station said that at 2.4", last night's snow was the biggest 'storm' so far this season. And there is no more snow on the near horizon.

A week or so ago, I scheduled to meet the ED of a local non-profit for coffee this morning. Coincidentally, on Monday evening her organization and another one were chosen as co-beneficiaries for our half marathon this year. I got a big hug when I gave her the news this morning. It's nice to be able to deliver happy news. But I also had to write to all the other applicants to let them down gently.

When I woke this morning, I could hear the rain coming down, as well as plow cowboys rushing up and down the road to clear their customers' driveways. I didn't want to play in that arena, so I rolled over and snoozed. I didn't clear our driveway at home, but had to shovel slush when I got to the office, and so got a little cross-training in.

Have a greta Wednesday.

Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Twocat - excellent, excellent, excellent.
                      How'd the dog show turn out?

Snow becoming rain here too in the PNW’s weighing down snow-laden branches and bringin’ ‘em down on houses, cars, garages, carports, blockng streets and trails, etc. all over the place so I’m stayin’ away from the Hillside trail and stairs until it’s all over. Noone’s been hurt yet in this go-around and I don’t want to be the first.   

In the meantime, X-T in the yard by rolling as much of the fast-melting frosties as possible over to reinforce the growing snow fort on the shaded, northern, side of the 6' wooden fence along the south side of the lawn.  Though I can’t copy and paste pictures here, our high school round table is more accommodating and, in one of the nicest compliments in a long time, one classmate said one of the frosties looked like me.  She was our valedictorian so it must be true.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

mrrun

Posting for Jlynne - she's ok, dealing with family issues and staying off social media for awhile

marj

..Congratulations to twocat.......

=============

tried to Sweat It Out like several of us,

but

having the achy, pounding headache, flu-like symptoms

20-min x-bike token gesture

===========

ON THE PLUS SIDE-

Pickles

went to her Dr today,

her numbers are stable, which is Good News.............so I got THAT going for me

.............Good Running and Minimal Flu Exposure to the Rest of Ya........

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

Mike E

MM #5615

Thanks Marj.

Tramps

Steve--nice cross-training there.

Joe--kid's taking after granddad!

Dave--I do a lot of that branch tossing around here, too.

Going to the Ryman tonight to see Brothers Osborne 

Enjoy!  Just this morning, I bought tickets for a Jason Isbell (whose last live album was recorded at the Ryman) show later this Spring. 

Out for about 22 miles riding in some stiff winds. Whew.

Be safe. Be kind.

Marathon Maniac #957

ON THE PLUS SIDE-

Pickles

went to her Dr today,

her numbers are stable, which is Good News.............

Love to hear this!

Marj - thanks for letting us know that Jlynne is okay.  I hope her family issues resolve soon and she can rejoin us.