Masters Running

Friday June 19 Sticky Runs (Read 462 times)

Marathon Maniac #957

Good Morning!

Another fabulous run with CNYrunner in about 72-ish degrees and what the weatherman called, "the most humid morning of the season."  My Garmin ran out of battery power, but we ran roughly the same route as yesterday, so we'll call it 5 miles.  ETA - mapmyrun says 5.2 miles - see I couldn't just leave it alone....

Afterward I added shoulder presses, bench dips, hammer curls, butterflies, stability ball crunches, and 6 chin-ups, separately, 3 with wrists facing out and 3 with wrists facing in.  I love my Iron Gym. 

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

Good morning Holly!   Nice run with CNYrunner this morning and awesome cross training!! 

Bit of a sleepless night last night.  The birthday girl got home safe and sound a little after 2 a.m. at which time a bunch of intense thunderstorms started going through.   I'm not sure what time the weather alarm went off warning us of the severe storms.    All in all, good thing it is a rest day for me!    Heading out camping this afternoon.   A nap by the campfire sounds really good right about now. 

The birthday girl, her friend, and our oldest daughter:

Happy  Friday!!

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
      It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com

Slo

Hello Holly,

Sticky is right  !  It is HUMID !  Good training weather. Great conditioning.

I hit the bike last night for 24 easy miles and the Pool this morning for 1800 yds. My running this week has been pretty much non-existant. Oh - well.......There's always next week right ?

Renee the dog

Beautiful young women, Mary!

Well we have SUN!!!!!!!    My 5 yr old sang a made-up song to honor the sun for about 15 min when she got up and saw it. 

Our humidity is down from 93% to 78%, so with the sun and a little more warmth, it was all about the same feel out there.  I find the warm weather usually leads to a lot of fun, loose runs.  Today, it was not the case.  My left hammie just wouldn't loosen up, so I cut my planned 4 down to 3 mi and a 1/4 mi walk to cool down. 

Tomorrow, I'm doing a little 2 mi time trial check at a local race. Bayside will be running the 5 mi race that's right after the 2 miler.  I am looking forward to running that short a race and seeing how I do.  Never gone that short for race day. 

Wishing everyone great runs today! 

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!

i'm lovin' it... MM#1949

Nice pic of the girls Hopeful!

Sticky here too (70F, 85%) perfect for some track work

6 miles today and hit the track for a test drive. I immediately wanted  
            to see if I could hit that magical 38 secs on the 200. First try was  
            without rest from the 3 miles before track stuff. Then I walked 200 to  
            really rest and tried again... Bingo! I'm happy!

200m 0:41 (5:29 pace) 
            200m 0:38 (5:05)  (200m walk rest intervals)
            400m 1:43 (6:54) 

600m..forgot to start the timer..duh
            800m 3:37 (7:16)

Perch's Profile "I don't know if running adds years to your life, but it definitely adds life to your years." - Jim Fixx "The secret is to make in your mind possible what was not possible before. The secret is to make easy what was difficult, instead to make difficult what really is easy." - Coach Renato Canova

Teresadfp

One day at a time

Cute photo, Mary! 

Nono - you're lucky to have sun!  It started raining yesterday and it's supposed to continue until Tuesday or so.  The kids and I are going up to Bar Harbor tomorrow.  I guess I'll bring some jigsaw puzzles with us!  DH is coming up for a couple of days, but he has to work the rest of the time.

I did 4.0 miles on the Y indoor track today.  I hate doing that during the winter, because it gets old, but today was fun for a change.  Felt effortless after running on hills!

OK, time to pick up DS16 from his LAST final and then start packing.   DD11 is melancholy that today is her very last day of elementary school.  DS14's 8th grade class is supposed to go to a lake resort today.  The teachers told them they'd go regardless of the weather, but what are they going to do??  They can't fit the entire grade in the video game arcade. 

Have a great weekend!

Nice photo, Mary!

Sticky? Swampy is more like it. Storms rolled through here about 6AM, but were done by 8 so I went out for my planned recovery run. Did 6 sweat-soaked miles at what was supposed to be a 10+ pace, but turned out more like 9:40. I was really glad that I wore my fuel belt with some water and gatorade. Byll, how do you run in this every day? And it wasn't even 70 degrees temperature-wise.

The "recovery" was from 50 hammering miles that I did yesterday on the Pere Marquette Rail Trail. I was a bit nervous about the outing, mainly because it's over a 2-hour drive from home, my DW is out of town, and I was riding solo on a very rural and lightly-traveled trail. My concern was that if I had a major mechanical problem, I could be 20+ miles from my car, on foot in cycling shoes. But, the only close call I had was at one of the farm road crossings where I misjudged the speed of an oncoming Amish buggy. That guy was really trotting along!

Have a nice day, everybody!

Doug, runnin' cycling in Rochester, MI

"Think blue, count two, and look for a red shoe"

"Byll, how do you run in this every day? And it wasn't even 70 degrees temperature-wise."

The same way you run in the snow and ice.  You.Just.Do.It.

Bill

"Some are the strong, silent type. You can't put your finger on exactly what it is they bring to the table until you run without them and then you realize that their steadiness fills a hole that leaks energy in their absence." - Kristin Armstrong

dg.

Mary, that's a great picture.   They look happy.   Hope you're a happy camper later.. a nap by the campfire sounds great. 

Nono that's so cute.    Hey.   be careful doing a time trial with a tight hamstring, ok?????

Nice, Perch!  My gym has 200 meter laps, so I was really programmed to see those number as I zoomed (heh) past...  I like your numbers better.

Slo_hand... next week,, that's what I'm counting on!   

Wow Doug!  Glad it went well.

have to go, what is with this work thing??  

more later.

happy Friday!

nice picture Mary!!

holly and cny - sooooo lucky to get those runs in together!!

3.3 miles in the drizzle --- was soaked halfway thru by a car but it felt good!!

now off to grantham, nh   EASTMAN HERE I COME!!

denise

Marathon Maniac #957

But, the only close call I had was at one of the farm road crossings where I misjudged the speed of an oncoming Amish buggy. That guy was really trotting along!

Note to self, watch out for speeding Amish buggys.       Nice ride, Doug!

Mary - lovely daughters!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

But, the only close call I had was at one of the farm road crossings where I misjudged the speed of an oncoming Amish buggy. That guy was really trotting along!

Okay - That has to be a first.  Almost getting run over by an Amish buggy.

We don't have the intense mugginess of you folks in the mid states and back East, but it's sticky here for us.  And heavy, heavy foggy.  Typical summer weather for us.

The power went out at some point during the night, so my alarm clock was Wilson the Cat, who failed to wake me up at the right time (I need to train him better).  So a bit of a lackluster strength/core training today and no cycling.  My right knee is talking to me, so I couldn't do some of the lower leg stuff.

Still don't know what's wrong with my kitty, BK, and he doesn't want to eat.  He got to come home yesterday, but the vet is befuddled.  He had a really high temp (104.4) when we took him, but it was down to 101 when I picked him up.  Should get the blood test results back today, so hopefully it'll tell us something.  On top of that, the poor guy gets car sick!

Between him and our old guy, Fats, the last four weeks have been expensive.  Oh well.  I just need to think about all the money we're saving by not sending them the college.

Leslie
                          Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                          -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

I'm driving 3 hrs. to do a little 5K in Salem with DD1 and DGS3 in the rain.   Hope to PR, and think I have a chance.  Well, maybe.  Woods Lady
                            TammyinGP

I think we are going to start calling you SandbaggingLady, Ma!! You quietly sneak into little towns, make friendly chatter with the other racers and then once that whistle blows, you tear 'em up! and walk away with AG wins, Hardware, and a big smile on your face - Just As It Should Be!!

You go get 'em!!

Tammy

evanflein

Econo taught her well!

Hope the kitty gets better, Leslie. I hate it when they're sick... they're so pathetic and can't tell you what's wrong. But yes, even the steepest vet bills are cheaper than college... and orthodontics!

Nice day today, but it's gonna be a rest day I guess. I need to remember I am supposed to be in full taper mode... And between running errands at lunch and soccer games tonight I won't have time anyway. Will be a trick just getting dinner somehow... Sounds like a Subway night.