Masters Running

Wednesday Daily 4-11 (Read 37 times)

Tramps

I guess I'll get us going.

5 miles of plogging. Still mid-30s this morning but everything’s starting to get that early Spring look. It’ll be exploding in the coming warm week.

I’m sure everyone is excited about first day of playoffs, right?

I’m betting Nashville over Boston in the finals, but rooting for the Caps.

Then I’m reading a CBC article on fantasy playoff betting, as one does, and it ends with these words of wisdom: “Never bet on the Capitals in the playoffs.” Ouch.

Be safe. Be kind.

I’m going with Nashville all the way!

2.5 slow treadmill miles to keep things flat while I nurse the bad leg.  Doing all my exercises.

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

Good morning folks. Thanks for starting us off Tramps. DH played hockey in college and is a big fan. I'm just along for the ride. I always tease him that the Stanley Cup finals shouldn't be during the summer

Take care of that leg, KSA. Don't overdo it.

Sorry about your diagnosis Twocat. You know all the right things to do, and I'm sure you'll do them!

Speaking of injuries, this ongoing thing with my back/right leg is not resolving. I've been through 3 weeks of PT and the therapist is pretty sure it's my sciatic nerve. I'm going in for dry needling tomorrow. I'll let you know how it goes. And my definition of insanity is just like everyone else's around here. 5 miles this morning - run until it hurts, stop and walk until the pain eases up (hoping it won't come back), then run and repeat as needed. Followed with 30 minutes of really good stretching and some core stuff.

Weather is decent today. It's supposed to get up to 50° this afternoon. Unfortunately, the snow and cold temperatures are back in time for the weekend. And some idiot at the Y this morning told me "only 7 more months until winter" Blech!

bioguy

Rest day from running anyway.....Lots of school stuff and house things to do. A couple trees came down in a Nor'Easter and one landed on my fence. I don't have time to replace the post, but need to patch things together well enough to let my dogs stay out during the day while we go to my son's wedding Thursday-Sunday morning. A student will come by and let them in/out for me.I'm taking tomorrow off from teaching so hopefully I can get everything I need to do accomplished.

The wedding in in Virginia along Skyline Drive so I should get in some hill work Friday and Saturday.

Tailwinds!

pfriese

Easy 5 miles to the park & back. Very windy..

Paul

I don't think I'll be passing the sushi along any time soon.  I think I have food poisoning and the sushi is the only thing different I've eaten in the last couple of days.  I woke up at 4:00 a.m. in the most intense lower intestine pain that felt like extreme gas pressure.  On a scale of 1-10, I was at an 8 for almost an hour.  Shaking uncontrollably, feeling total flush, thinking I was going to throw up.  Ack! After almost 45 min of barely being able to move, The Hub drove me to the ER, but by the time we got there, the pain had started to dissipate.  Holy cow - I've never felt anything like that before.  Now I just feel shaky and kinda crappy.

I DID get in my miles after work yesterday - 5 miles with 4 x 30 sec sprints and running the entire hill at the end.  Today, I don't think I'll be doing my workout. 

JLynne - Have you seen a sports chiro?  May be worth a shot.  Cupping has helped my sciatic issue.

Leslie
              Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
              -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Dave59

4 miles for me this morning.

Work is just insane with multiple people wanting everything at once. I am struggling just to get organized.

NHL - I like the Caps.  I have reasons why I don't like anyone else in the East but I won't go into those. I don't want to sound bitter.

If Las Vegas wins the Stanley Cup I will stop watching all sports forever. I can't mentally/emotionally handle an expansion team winning it all in their first year.

Leslie- that sounds horrible!  I'm glad it eased up.

JLynne-  Yeah, I've cut back to not very much running, but the streak lives on.  I feel like this isn't too bad, but I need to get it back to perfect.  It doesn't feel good!

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

TammyinGP

Leslie - dang girl - that sounds painful and awful!  Reason #53 why I won't eat sushi. 

Will go to gym later this afternoon. hmmm, should I walk the TM, do the elliptical, ride the bike  - - so many choices 

Tammy

Marathon Maniac #957

And some idiot at the Y this morning told me "only 7 more months until winter" Blech!

I will hold him down while you beat the carp out of him, if you like....

Leslie - that sounds miserable!

Okay, I am here to report no running for yesterday or today - what a big slug I am!  But yesterday I had fasting bloodwork and my annual physical, and this morning I woke up with a migraine.  Oh well.  Back at it tomorrow.  My numbers were good, btw.

Cholesterol total: 249

HDL: 138

LDL: 96

VLDL: 15 (no idea what this one is)

Triglycerides: 73

Glucose: 88

He did say my salt was a little low.  Hard to believe with all those Nacho Cheese Doritos I eat....

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

TammyinGP

your numbers much better than mine from  a couple weeks ago when I had my fasting blood work done:

Total Chol: 218

HDL: 52

LDL: 141

Tri: 123

glucose: 89

I have some diet corrections to make! plus, i'm taking Red Yeast Rice again to hopefully improve my numbers.

Tammy

5.5 in circles

1200, 3x400, 3x200 all at or below 6:00 pace. warm up, walking cool down because of irritated achilles and I didn't want to push my luck. Part of the warmup is going around clearing the trash and water bottle caps out of the first lane, deposited there by soccer enthusiasts that use the astroturf infield. Going earlier in the day seems to work out, the soccer clubs aren't there blocking the track with strollers and foot traffic, and there aren't many people walking their laps. Two ladies there today asked if I was going to be running, and when I said "yes" they said they'd make sure to use the outer lanes for their walk so they wouldn't be in my way! Not everyone is horrible! A bunch of cop cars tore past, probably another shooting. 5 people shot and two died in a few separate incidents within 3 blocks of my house in the last few days. And we'd gone nearly 5 months with zero homicides before last weekend (a new record). The first shooting probably started a whole domino effect of retaliations; I'm not too worried, these people know exactly who they're after and it isn't us.

60-64 age group  -  University of Oregon alumni  -  Irreverent and Annoying

Anzlo

Tet - Amazing that you run barefoot all the time, wow !

I went out for an early 8 miles this morning before the predicted rain that was supposed to come, but it came much later in the day than originally forecast and less intense.  That makes 13, 8, and 8 the last three days so I will skip running tomorrow and take another load of junk to the dump along with a walk for cross training tomorrow.  I haven't yet decided whether to run Friday and Saturday short+ to medium or take two days off and run another 18-21 miler on Saturday.  Three weeks out from our upcoming marathon so I might opt for another 18+ on Saturday.  It depends on weather and family things for the weekend.

I hope your week going well, or at least under control, and without too much stress.  Have a great rest of the week folks !

65+ Bests: 5K-26:11, 10K-TBD, HM-TBD

wildchild

Carolyn

Windy here, too, but at least it's warm.  Mid 50s, and I ran 5.4 miles in shorts.

Nothing else exciting to report, unless you count cleaning up a whole bunch of dog poop out of the yard now that the snow has mostly melted...

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

Falconfixer

Hey y'all, back from our off-site.  The WiFi was .... non-existent, so no posts.  I did finally do some light running, 3 miles yesterday (and a 15.2 mile bike ride around Kure Beach/Carolina Beach).  This morning was 3.5 miles which included a 2 mile group run (voluntary) of the people at the off-site.  The group included commanders (wing, group and squadron), Chief Master Sergeants and First Sergeants.  We ran down to the remnants of the Civil War fort, around it, and back.  Big time headwind going back.  Drove back to Goldsboro and taught my spin class after putting in a couple of hours at my desk.

No time for personals, still catching up.  Have a great (greta?) night everyone!