Masters Running

Marathon Monday 4/15/19 (Read 52 times)

SteveP

Coastwalker is hitting the streets to help with the Boston marathon.

Henrun had a greta multinational four and a half.

AnneB keeps it in side for 5.5.

Jlynne has grandkid cross training. Rest day my eye.

RunnerKSA got out for 5 miles. Her DD dodged a bullet on clothing optional church services.

Dave59, like a lot of us are gearing up for our cheering of the Joe.

BTY checks in with a descriptive answer.

Rochrunner calls a rest day and shares a wonderful picture.

TwoCat has his intervals! I'm loving your progress. I'm sorry to hear about your student. UGH.

Pfriese finishes up the week with an indoor ride and a 11.7 mile run.

Tom White has a blustery 65 workout on the soccer fields.

Tetsujin209 checks in.

Joe618 shares his pre-Boston interactions and insights. Nice.

Falconfixer has a delayed 8+ mile run then saddles up for a long ride. Well done.

Deez4boyz braces for infant cuddling cross training. How exciting! She has a 1.5 miler on Palm Sunday.

Milk ruck has 8.6 miles without horsing around.

HollyS has 40 minutes on the recumbent bike. I'm sorry about the foot. .

Bioguy has a lovely father/daughter 5.6 miles.

Wildchild has a scenic AG winning 50K!! Can life get any better? Thank you so much for the pictures.

Evanflein has a warrior style 11.3 miles. Stoopid head wind.

MikeE zips in and out with a zippy 8.

Surly Bill checks in. Get well soon.

TammyinGP has an IRC half marathon with a DS supported finish.

Mariposai test the waters with a nice 9 miler.

I've not run since Wednesday AM. I felt poorly Thursday A and went home from work and called off Friday. Saturday DW and I took dogs out for a mile. Sunday our priest went long. He finished up the service by saying her was getting transferred the end of June. He's the best thing to happen to our parish in the 18 years I've been going.

We got home and made preparations for the grandkids to color Easter eggs.

DILtoB with GS#3, Owen who is 5 months.

GD#2's (Josie 2) nose to the left. GD#1 (Norah 4). Dearest Niece (Jenna 11). GS#1 (Noah 11).

DD#3 (Owen's mom) and Avenger Doggie.

I had to make a quick run to the store.

GS#2 (Jude 4) and GD#2

Adults DD#2 and DD#1

DS#1 (Only) and DILtoB

I missed a commotion.

We had a trespasser!!!

I had thought our flag pole was blown over when we got back from church. Now I'm wondering if it wasn't vandalism.

The rodent was tossing stuff in the yard for people to clean up!! GGrrr.

Then the damn beast went in the house!

I got back from the store to a frenzy. GD#1 told me what I missed. I was pretty angry and told her that the next time that rabbit came over and threw stuff in the yard I was going to chase it with a stick.

If the snow ever melts, I'll clean up what the kids missed.

SteveP

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Happy Easter, Steve.

We'd love to have Mr. Rabbit come out

for next year's Cottontail 12-hour Fun Run.

Happy Boston Joe, Coastwalker, deezie,

Henrun and Marj and others out in it.

Updates appreciated.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

Joe618

Morning all!   Steve, great pix and what a nice time for your grandkids.   If you ever chase down that rabbit, give it a whack for me.

Henrun, what a terrific story about connecting with Johnny Kelly!!  Wow!!!

I'm up and heading out the door in a few minutes to ride the Red, then Green line to downtown Boston.  Slept very well last night.   Thunderstorm just started but it is supposed to not be like this all day.    Will check in again this evening as will all of us soggy participants.   It's quite a vibe. 

Joe

________

I have nothing particularly clever or profound to add as a tag to each message...I just like to run.   

mrrun

Good luck to all the runners  - here are the RA old and new numbers.  Forecast says pouring rain will stop before the wheelchair and elites start at 9

Karin (avatar?) - 19161

Lou (wrfb) - 21433

Harriet (predawnrunner) 24821

Joe (joe618) 24194

Kirsten (laT)  25312

Robin (avatar?) 28778

love the snow pictures!

marj

Tramps

Steve--brrr, snow.

Thanks for the bib #s, Marj.

Busy weekend so I missed most of whatever happened here. Hope you were good.

Stormy night, the rain's moved out, sunny but very windy for this morning's 4-miler. All that rain cleared out some of the pollen, though, so that's nice.

Go runners (and support crews)!

Be safe. Be kind.

Anzlo

Steve - Thanks for starting and sharing the great pics of family and fun.

Wildchild - Thanks for sharing pic and event, grats on fantastic participation and award.

Tet - A twelve hour event is amazing at any pace, grats.

Boston Runners and Volunteers - Stay warm, dry as possible, enjoy, and cherish the memories.

Mariposi - You ask about my run/walk ratio. At the moment I am in a build up mode since I was completely off for 6 months until just less than a month ago. At the moment I am using a run of 30 seconds followed by walk of 45 seconds, or 1:1.5. I will continue that ratio until I get my mileage up to 25+ miles for 3 consecutive weeks (including my walk/cross off days) to be sure I am good to go. After that I will gradually start adding seconds, likely 5 at a time, to run portion on days I want to gradually work more on speed. Eventually I will have at least one all run steady comfortable 5-7 mile day, a 5 mile day with likely 2:1, and a couple days of 1:1 with at least one of 8 miles. I expect that to be enough for a 10K which is my only focus this year at the moment. The 30run/45walk gets me about an 11:20 pace for now and I am mostly just interested in leg reps, not speed. More than you really wanted to know, but that's it.

Nice to have no real schedule this morning so getting ready to watch Boston and go out for 5-7 afterwards.

Have a greta Boston day runfolk !

65+ Bests: 5K-26:11, 10K-TBD, HM-TBD

Great recap and fabulous recap, Steve.  The bunny is the greatest!  Easter in snow, though.......

3.5 treadmill miles this morning.  It was cold outside and I just couldn't deal with it.   Off to work.    Swift feet to all our Boston runners.

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

Holy cow - you can tell it's Boston Marathon day. Lots of posts already! Thanks for the recap and great pictures Steve. AD looks less than thrilled with his rabbit ears on, and the Easter bunny blends right in with the all of the snow that was falling. Looks like everyone had a great day.

Good luck Joe!! I can only dream about running Boston. It's been on my bucket list since I started running. And unfortunately, it's going to stay there. I'm living vicariously through you today. Make me proud!

Thanks for the bib numbers Marj. I'm heading to work shortly but have the race taped.

There was this mysterious yellow orb in the sky as I finished my run this morning   27° but no wind. 5.67 miles finished with 15 minutes of core and stretching. DS#1 and DIL made it home from their weekend away from the 3 boys. I'm not sure who was more happy to see them!!

Good luck to all of you running today!

anneb

Great picture Steve! I can’t believe you missed the Easter bunny!! 😉 We should really do something about the snow that’s all around though. Although I suppose it’s not that rare to have snow still up your way…

Avenger does not look like he’s a fan of the Easter bunny.

Good volunteering/spectating/running to all Boston-ers today!

Jlynne - I also saw that strange yellow thing in the sky. No run for me this morning, as the 3 inches of frozen slush was not calling me out of bed. Maybe a run or other workout later.

Anne

Dave59

3.02 miles this morning. Down to 39° this morning so I had to dig out my warmer gear that I honestly thought I was done with.

Boston Marathon coverage is streaming on my personal PC which sits off to the left of my work desk. Joe's enthusiasm makes it fun to watch the race. You know there are a bunch more just like him out there this morning.

...what Great pictures.......

==========

........twocat//....I have a Confession-

on my

Senior Paper

in Pharmacy School (Helminth Infestations)

I did my Independent Research

but

our jerk Toxicology Professor required some Ridiculous Number of footnotes

so

I just stuck in the footnotes the papers I researched used

was that Plagiarism??

............it's a little late to give back my degree........

and

my FallBack Career

as an Exotic Male Dancer is probably a Distant (and Cruel) Dream at this point

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

Marathon Maniac #957

Steve - love the pictures - what a great grandpa you are!

Carolyn - what a beautiful place to run!

Tammy - nice HM and cheering section....

Go Boston racers!

Nothing for me today, nada.  I just had a case of the Monday lazies, and chose to sleep in a little longer instead of working out.  This no running thing has me a little down.  Back at it tomorrow, though, this waistline won't let me be lazy for long....

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Boston Marathon coverage is streaming on my personal PC

neat. Any hot links to any gratis streaming services for the day?

I tried TurboTV's free trial of the $44.95/month plan

but they want permission to inundate your e-mail

with their and others' promotionals so I won't.

marj - thanks for the additional runner information.

Hope we can hear their RR's too.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

Dave59

neat. Any hot links to any gratis streaming services for the day?

I am watching on NBCSN (NBC sports channel) through my Comcast account.

dg.

Thanks Marj, I was having trouble finding Lou & Harriet.  

No time to read the rest right now.

p.s.  Steve those pictures made my day.   And it looks like I'm not the only one!   tho I think Taggie earned some ice cream  ; ).  

Holly, what happened to your foot??    Anybody else laugh when Holly says she's being lazy?

hi!