Masters Running

WEEKLY RUN & XTRAINING GROUP, W/E 02/22/09 (Read 237 times)

A little late. Tallies later. Have a great week! Evanflein - 49.2 miles running + 1.4 walking iles + lots of strength training with the shoveling - Way to go! Dutchie42- 32.46k/20.17 miles + lots of strength training - hang in there with the foot. Evryday - 33 nice miles - Good luck with the 25k in a couple of weeks. EGH3 - Lots of strength training - Sorry the shins are still barking so bad. Glad you're feeling better about canceling your marathon. There will always be more races, but you only have two shins. Eliz4015 - 15 running miles + 3 walking miles Big toe injury? Doggone it! Prfiese - 38.7 nice paced miles. Gettin' 'er done quite nicely. Nowor - 18 miles and "stuff" (yoga, core). Safe travels! In dg's own words: "some walking, 14.8 miles running (Sunday's LR turned into 2 after I tripped again), 3 hrs. strength training, 45 min. on the bike, 55 [I'm assuming 55 mins, not miles] on the elliptical, & a couple of seriously klutzy moments." And last but not least, me, living vicariously through ya'll.

Leslie
    Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
    -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

evanflein

Hey Leslie! Thanks for taking this on for us. Monday: Ended up being a rest day Tuesday: 7.11 mile progressive run on the TM, 8:27 avg pace; .5 mile walk w/u and c/d Wednesday: 10 miles on the TM with 4 x .75 mile repeats @ 7:42 pace; .65 mile walk w/u and c/d Thursday: 5 miles easy pace; .5 mile walk Friday: 3.32 miles, recovery pace; .5 mile walk Saturday: 10.5 miles, 8:14 avg pace; .4 mile walk c/d Sunday: 19 miles, 8:49 avg pace; .2 mile walk c/d Totals: 54.9 miles run, 2.8 miles walked Dutchie, I saw moose tracks on the bike path today (Saturday) but didn't see them, thank goodness. That'd be fun to see deer! Good luck with that foot of yours.
      Dutchie42

Hi everyone, thanks Leslie, Mon....75 minutes of easy running on the TM (11.45K). I never undo the laces of my (running) shoes. And wrigling my foot in the shoe caused the inflammation of the peroneal longus to flare up. Stupid lazy me! Plus PT appointment Tue.....resting the foot. Wed....64:27 minutes on the treadmill (10K). Increased speed after 23 minutes, making it a "hard" run. Plus PT appointment. Thu.....resting the foot Fri......65minute treadmill run (10K) plus PT appointment Sat....4.5K out on the asphalt. Went out for a short loop cause, well, it was the first time in a very long time that I ran outside and I was slightly worried about the impact on my foot. And, the doggies hadn't been running with me in a long time either. It went well though. Saw two deer. I missed that. Doggies were on leash. But tomorrow for my long run, it's back on the old trusted treadie. Sun...both my boys were throwing up within minutes after waking up. Theu're old enough to take care of themselves, however, it didn't make me feel good that I'd be running for two hours while they were so sick. So didn't run, but was available for giving them sips of water, cleaning up after them etc. I've got tomorrow off. May do my long run tomorrow afternoon. Total mileage: 35.9K + 3 PT appointments

Dutchie
        Run the day, or the day runs you.

Thanks nowor....you did a fabulous job. Thanks fatozzig for picking this up this week. Mon....rest.........rest Tues...3miles.......3miles Wed...9miles.........9miles Thurs..rest.............rest Frid....6miles.........6miles Sat....18miles........18miles Sun...rest........rest Total....36
          Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM
            Thanks, Leslie. Monday - was gonna do Yoga for Surfers DVD, but too many errands and stress of worrying, yet again, whether my kitty is running out of lives (she's way past 9 of them) is turning it into a rest day from exercise. Tuesday - ran 4.0, walked 1.0 - beautiful, still, crisp evening Smile Wednesday - stayed at work too late to fit in a workout before tonight's rehearsal Sad Thursday - stayed at work even later in order to take Friday off Roll eyes Friday - ran 4.6; walked 1.0; serious stretching and a little Yoga for Surfers later Saturday - ran 6.2; walked 1.0 Sunday - resting; church gig in NJ in the morning and a murder mystery party, "Death by Chocolate," in PA in the afternoon/evening - can't wait! - will do some yoga in the a.m. before church Week: ran 14.8; walked 3.0; did yoga twice Leslie - thanks for the good thoughts for kitty; now they think she has Cushing's syndrome, which I've only ever heard of on "House," and we don't think either we or she are up for the cost and pain of more tests, so she might be with Socks in kitty heaven very soon. We're sad, but don't want to have her suffer any more. Eliz

flomotioncoaching.com

pfriese

Thanks fattozig,
              DayMilesComment
              Mondayrest day - doneactually car to the shop day
              Tuesday7.75 miles running - done9:36/mile avg pace
              Wednesdayrest day - done
              Thursdayrest day - done
              Fridayoutpatient surgery (nothing serious)
              Saturdaynothing
              Sundaynothing
              Total7.75 miles running
              Paul
                Eliz - Sending positive thoughts and vibes for your kitty. Our oldest is 19 and still hanging in there. Gets fluids every 3 days and some med for arthritis, but still goes outside for a few minutes, eats, sleeps, and loves to be with us.

Leslie
                -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

Am gettin' a little bit of exercise in! Wed - 40 min stationary bike - easy. Inc. 5 min warm up/cool down. Av HR 110/Max 132 Fri - 40 min stationary bike - easy. Inc. 5 min warm up/cool down. Av HR 124/Max 143

Leslie
                  -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

nowor

Thanks Leslie. You'll be out running verrry soon. M-5 mi Tues-strength and core/ball classes Wed-7 mi Thur-core/ball class AM; yoga PM Fri-6 blustery chilly mi Sat-3 mi walk w/ DH Sun-yoga Summary: 18 mi + core + yoga AHHH
                    dg.

thanks Leslie! sorry I'm so late. I'm just copying & pasting these from my log. I hope they're right. Run: 0.4 Mi Bike: 39:07 Weights: 3:15:00 arc trainer: 35:17 Elliptical: 3:29:40 next week (which is now this week) will probably be similar. I think another couple of weeks, then I can try again.