Masters Running

July and August Masters Monthly Miles (Read 384 times)

wildchild

Carolyn

Wow, August is over already - where did the summer go? And since I was away at the end of July, I figured we'd play catch-up for July miles as well. So post your July and August running mileage, and any PRs - race times, most miles in a week or month, longest run, or whatever. I'll tally them up in a few days and figure out some awesome awards. Thanks for playing! This is in the Wind River Mountains, taken on our recent backpacking trip.

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

Great pic Carolyn, and, as always, thanks for doing this! OK, here we go... July: 371.9 very hot miles with a weekly mileage PR of 97.8 miles. August: 377.0 miles (a monthly PR) YTD: 2431.4 miles Race PRs: 4 mi. 23:38 (7/4/08), half marathon 1:21:47 (8/9/08) and, 20 mi. 2:17:47 (8/24). Whew...it's been a busy couple of months! Big grin
      Dave
      "Run like hell and get the agony over with."
      --- Clarence DeMar

I Can Go The Distance

July 193.6 miles August 239 miles (new monthly mileage PR) YTD 1215 miles Race PR: 5k 23:31- 7/04/08 Thanks Carolyn

"Don't give up, don't ever give up." Jim Valvano

Spectacular photo and perfect choice to keep us in a summer mood. Thanks for doing this Carolyn! July-------308.2 miles August---335.9 miles (Yeesh...I should run down the driveway to make it 336) YTD---1910.5 miles No PRs and just two good solid months of training and playing. Karin
            July: 176.9 miles August: 161.7 miles 2008: 1394.6 miles Bill

"Some are the strong, silent type. You can't put your finger on exactly what it is they bring to the table until you run without them and then you realize that their steadiness fills a hole that leaks energy in their absence." - Kristin Armstrong

King of PhotoShop

You might say that everything post-surgery is a PR, but for August I have 75 miles walking. July, forget it! Thanks Carolyn. Spareribs
                Thanks for doing this, wildchild. You sure had some impressive scenery while you were gone. Jul 93.25 miles Aug 95 miles year to date 885.25 miles TomS
                  That's a beautiful view, Carolyn. Thanks for letting us play. July: 192.0 Aug: 194.2 YTD: 1371

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

Thank you Wildchild Some pretty impressive mileage I'm seeing here, especially from Ribs July 100.4 missed 3 runs injuried & cut 5 others short August 130.1 feeling good the last 10 days September looking to kick it up a notch, hoping for a excellent month of running YTD 957.8

Courage ! Do one brave thing today...then run like hell.

Prince of Fatness

Jul miles: 167.6 Aug miles: 178.4 YTD miles: 1328.2 4 Mile PR: 27:07 5K masters PR: 21:10 Thanks

Not at it at all. 

evanflein

Thanks Carolyn! So nice of you to offer to catch up July as well. July 212.4 August 225.1 YTD 1494.7 Race PR's include an 8k in 36:40, and a half marathon in 1:41:20, both in August. That first week in August (which was also partly the last week of July) was a weekly mileage PR of 57.5.

Hill Runner

Thanks WC! July = 165.1 miles Aug = 164.5 miles YTD = 1267 miles

Upcoming Races:

Boston Marathon, Boston,MA 04/15/13
                          Grandfather Mountain Marathon,Boone NC 07/14/13
                          Thunder Road Marathon, Charlotte NC 11/13

rlemert

Put me down for 97.6 July miles, 108.1 August miles. No races so no PR's, but the fall racing season starts next weekend - and I expect PR's to start accumulating. Big grin
                              WildChild - what an awesome picture. You are blessed to live in such a beautiful part of the country. After reading some other's miles for July and August, I'm embarrassed to report mine. But, they are what they are: July 100.6 August 125.1 The good news is I'm only 8 away from 1,000 for the year - a PR for me. Big grin Thanks for taking everyone's stats, WildChild. Jeanne
                                Oh good, I get a second chance to post for July, which I missed. Thanks, wildchild. (Beautiful photo!!) July: 197.4 miles, YTD: 1192.4 August: 170.8 miles, YTD 1363.2

aka Mrs. WillRunForBeer, MD, USA

Marathoning, the triumph of desire over reason